You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Questions about multiplayer-related stuff
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions about multiplayer-related stuff
CaptainHalo
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-13 03:51 PM EDT (US)         
1) Why is there a special option to disallow Warchiefs factions, and why do people select this?

2) What does "op" mean in game names, such as "3v3 no op"? Do people consider certain factions overpowered?

3) What does "hm" and "nws" mean? Why do some games claim no rush for 55 minutes when the top limit is 40?

4) How am I supposed to level up to meet the level requirements of certain games when everyone keeps booting me for being too low a level?! ><
AuthorReplies:
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-13 08:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
1) The Asian Dynasties does not require The Warcheifs. You can play online on TAD without TWC, but can only join or host games that don't allow Warchiefs civilizations.

2) In treaty, some factions are considered unbalanced. I know this includes French, but I do not play TR so I'm not sure if there are others.

3) Half map -- don't gather on the enemy's half of the map before treaty is over.

No warships -- no ships except fishing boats.

NR55 -- simply a gametype that is not necessarily actually part of the game, but a user-defined rule that players are expected to follow if the game was labeled as such.

4) I don't know. Play with people your level to get started.

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 02-14-2013 @ 08:30 PM).]

CaptainHalo
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-13 11:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
but... what about people who have the Warchiefs, but not the Asian Dynasties?
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-15-13 04:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
didnt hm also include dont build at enemies half any building any time?

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-13 02:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
@Halo:
They just play on TWC, and cannot join games except those hosted by others player TWC.

@SCP:
I've never heard that part of it.
anterior2
Scenario Design Expert
posted 02-15-13 07:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
1. Some people (like me) have TAD but not TWC. Disabling TWC content allows us to join your game!

2. OP=overpowered (France, Russia, Japan)

3. HM=Halfmap. You cannot build on the opponent's half or collect their resources until the treaty ends. NWS= No War Ships (fishing boat whale boom is permitted). NR55= 55 minute treaty. These are purely enforced by honour, there is nothing stopping you from breaking these rules.

4. That is a big problem with ESO. Chances are you won't get in games for a LONG time.

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
CaptainHalo
Skirmisher
posted 02-17-13 01:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Another thing I meant to ask in the firsts post:

If you leave or are eliminated from an FFA game early, do you get the in-game 75% XP bonus when the game ends, even if you've logged off?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames