You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.90 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » what do you want in the x-pack?
Bottom
Topic Subject:what do you want in the x-pack?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:01 PM EDT (US)         
1. the norse to get gold after destroying enemy buildings
2. more water maps
3. Azteca with Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli and ?
4. MUs! stone giant, charbydris, apep, siren, dragons, satyrs, 50 headed hundred armed giants (hectar-somethings), elves, cerebus, typhoon, echidna and the caldonian boar.
5. that stupid 99% bug GONE
6. NO MORE CHEATS
7. all boats available in 2nd age (or more boats)

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-15-2002 @ 08:09 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
deadlydentures
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 90       
sex, drugs, and violence.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
RavenFire
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 90       
boats boats boats and more boast need i say more or subs subs subs like in warcraft 2 the turtles! remeber them
Kaziglu Bey
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 90       
None of the above.
StrongBowDX
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 90       
1. A new main menu and loading screen. Right now they look real unpolished and rushed.
2. Team bonuses back. It's what keeps MP alive.
3. Better naval units and balance. Right now, Naval MU's are way too powerful.
4. A new civ such as the Aztecs, Atlantis, etc.
5. All new patches and ES/player made maps.
6. A better manual. The AoM one sucked. The AoK one was the right way to do it.
7. Unit tweaking, ie: make Ulfsarks slightly better, etc.
8. Add more easter eggs.

Think that's it...

~sbdx

RM
Hades -> Ares -> Aphrodite -> Artemis
DM
Zeus -> Athena -> Apollo -> Hera
WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 11:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 90       
Actually, I think that having Aztecs in the game would be rather interesting. It would be nice to choose between Quetzalcoatl (One of the sun gods), Huitzilopoctli (god of war and protector of the sun), and Tezcatlipoca (arch-nemesis of Quetzalcoatl and god of darkness). I just wonder how they'll gather favor, though. Praying at a temple is one thing, but human sacrifices would be rather,...well...neat.

As far as myth units goes, I had an idea for an almost uber-myth unit in an age later than the mythic. You know, something that could almost be a one unit army, but could be taken down by about one-two heroes. The only twist is that they are expensive and you can only have one at a time. For the Greeks it could be Cerberus, for the Norse it could be Jormungand, the Midgard Serpent. I just have to think of one for the Egyptians. Maybe it could be a different myth character for each god. Hades gets Cerberus, Poseidon gets the Kraken (like Clash of the Titans), and Zeus gets a bigger Cyclops. I don't really feel that it would be unbalanced because, even though they are strong, heroes can still bring them down. To make things even more interesting, it could be something to the effect of "heroes get bonus damage against a myth unit, but a particular hero gets a bigger bonus". This basically means that Heracles has a bonus against Cerberus, Jason against the Kraken, and Oddyseus against the Cyclops (I know Polyphemus is already in the game, but one can dream.)

The only problem is, I don't know how that bonus would work out when playing Greek vs. Egyptian or Norse. It onlly really works with the 'named' heroes. Well, enough of my rambling for now, I just had to put that idea out there.

Zalpacuiztli
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 00:00 AM EDT (US)     6 / 90       
AZTECS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I HATE THE WORLD AND IT HATES ME TOO"
Loser of Mithrandir_88's Non-Award for Losing the "Whoever Gets the Last Post Loses" Thread
Winner of the "Craziest Forummer Award" AoMH Semi-Annual Awards '03
Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AOM
c r e e z y
Skirmisher
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 12-15-02 00:02 AM EDT (US)     7 / 90       
KaRn
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 00:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 90       
I only have the demo, but I hear the boats are pretty much the same no matter what cilivization. If this is true, id liek to see it changed, I was looking forward to water combat....

And the kraken....its supposed to be huge, but its only like as long as a boat...whats up with that? if thay can be changed without messing anything up too much, id like to see it.

"You too will come to understand fear, as I have."
Seqenenre Tao
posted 12-15-02 04:19 AM EDT (US)     9 / 90       
New civs.

~}Kataastaas, Kagalang-galang ng Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan{~
(The High, Honorable Society of the Sons of the People)
Mabuhay ang Maharlika!

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/wellletsseehere.jpg
eegaliez
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 04:42 AM EDT (US)     10 / 90       
#'s 1, 4, 5, and 6 sound great...not an avid fan of water maps, you see...

I like the norse/gold/building one, tho.

Bluegodrules
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 05:00 AM EDT (US)     11 / 90       
CELTS!!!!!

i have no idea about there mythology.. thats why i want to see it..

as far as i can tell they have s#%$^ loads of gods and stuff so it should be easy to make..

anyone no anything about celtic mythology?

DeaconRien
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 05:05 AM EDT (US)     12 / 90       
I would like to see more civs and more water maps.

At least 3 new civs

Aztecs---Gods mentioned above

Celts---

I will run to the library and do some research on the Celts. (I feel bad, I am a historian, I should know some of there old myths).

Ancient Chosen---same as Celts.

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

kamrantu
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 05:46 AM EDT (US)     13 / 90       
I think that AoM has plenty of 'TEAM' bonus's. Ceasefire, Bronze, Eclipse etc etc. A lot of those can be used much more effectively as a team then as well.
EvilNed
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 06:13 AM EDT (US)     14 / 90       
I want them to do a civ that we know MUCH about, like the Egyptians and the Greeks... But do we know enough about the Aztecs do to a civ about them?

Can anyone here think of at least 9 myth units that they could have? And gods?

And the Worst Internet Service Award of the century goes to... you guessed it! ESO!!
Nero
Skirmisher
(id: Richard the God)
posted 12-15-02 06:25 AM EDT (US)     15 / 90       
ALFS!!!!!!!!(norse elves)
They would make a great mu.You could have two versions.An archer and a swordsman.ALFheim is the home of the alfs and i think frejras brother was ther god.

NERO
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
- Bill Peterson, football coach

The Pizza Guy
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 06:29 AM EDT (US)     16 / 90       
More MUs! I would quite like to see Cerberus in it.

The Pizza Guy
My job is to stuff your guts with pizza
ESO Name: ThePizzaGuy

"A nerd is someone who wouldnt go to a party cause hes too busy studying. A geek is someone who would go to a party but would get several wedgies. Which are you?" - My 7 year old bro

Insomnia
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 06:55 AM EDT (US)     17 / 90       
i say more water maps and make atlantis based civ who excel at naval battles but are only mediocre on land. just a thought. Also I agree on 99% bug OUT.
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 07:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 90       
@ williamthebloody
sacrifice is perfect but who do they sacrifice? your units would be too expensive, maybe they're infantry could bring enemys down to 1HP then they would become prisoners like the units in the campain. but that would be simalar to the norse... I KNOW! they would have 0HP so your enemy could capture them and delete them or bring them home if they were the azteca too, but thats kinda hard...
@EvilNed
guess your right, kinda hard to think of MUs for the azteca, hmm i'll be working on this...
@ Richard the God
Good idea about the elves, i was thinking very fast archer but that could work.
@ everyone who wants atlantis
who would their gods be? at least with the azteca and celts some research would give you all the MGs and MUs you want

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-15-2002 @ 08:15 AM).]

hades27
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 08:25 AM EDT (US)     19 / 90       
anything associated with mythology. But out the egyptians please! (jk) tone them down heh

- BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!!
ESO: IamHades27

Winner of the least favorite forumer AoMH's award 2002!!
Heimdail
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 10:04 AM EDT (US)     20 / 90       
Idea for Aztecas:
When you fight you get a 50% chance to take a unit as a prisaner at the temple. Then a priest could kill him for favor.
c r e e z y
Skirmisher
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 12-15-02 10:34 AM EDT (US)     21 / 90       
thurdl01
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 10:37 AM EDT (US)     22 / 90       
I want a utility that automatically logs onto AOMH to make "Should there be a second XPack" threads.

- .... ..- .-. -.. .-.. ----- .----
.... --. / -.-. .... . .-. ..- -...
.. ..-. / - .... . / --. . .-. -... .. .-.. / . ... -.-. .- .--. . ... --..-- / .-- . / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / -.. --- --- -- . -..
Parthianfury
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 10:53 AM EDT (US)     23 / 90       
I like to see the Druids in the XPac, theres alot of Mystical Lore & Myth, Gods. Stonehedge could be there Wonder. It also would fit in the time period well.
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 11:10 AM EDT (US)     24 / 90       

I as a bit disipointed about the Nore mythology, well, I saw A BIT, not total, don't get me wrng or anything...

I say, get elven archers 4 the Norse, they need archers of some kind. They have ballistas, and throwing axemen, but it would be nice to have JUST a LITTLE archery invulved.

Also dwarven warriors would be good. More mythology 4 norse i say!

About new civs? That would be pretty cool. Like, eh, prehaps babolonians, they had Baall & Nebo 4 gods. Aztecs- good idea.Inca? Many open door ways 4 ES.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 11:12 AM EDT (US)     25 / 90       
BTW what's this 99% bug? I'm just curious.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames