Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Age of Middle Earth
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Middle Earth
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 04:23 PM EDT (US)         
Age of Middle Earth.

A Lord of the Rings straturgy game, invuling Men, Dwarves, Elves, Goblins and Orcs.

Civs -

Men - Focus: Infantry (swords-men)
Elves - Focus: Archers
Dwarves - Focas: Infantry (Axemen)
Orcs - Focas: Infantry/Archers
Goblins - Infantry

Resoures -

Food
Wood
Gold
Magic

~ Men ~

Have barracks's to build swords-men, also archers. Upgrades would be expensive, but well worth it. Also, training wizards. Wizards generate magic slowly like every other cilivisation, like hero's with Norse. Men have a great hunting bonus.

~ Elves ~

Archery range. Archers are cheaper, and have extra attack. Also, all have knives for close attack. Also swords-men will be able in later ages. Farming and wood bonus. Have cav to transport, and mount elves.

~Dwarves~

Gold mining. A great bonus. Dwaven axemen have very good attack, but not too good speed. Gold mining 25% quicker.

Overall -

I think hobbits should gather food (4 every civ exept Orcs and Goblins), elves get wood,(same) and dwarves(same as well) get gold. You can just get men to get every resource. Also, another rseource -mithril. The more you gather, the more attack and defence your units have prehaps. I don't know what do do about Gobins or Orcs.

~ Thank you for reading this. ~
~ Plz post you comments ~

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
AuthorReplies:
DarkKnight_
Skirmisher
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 12-16-02 04:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I think it would be cool. But I'm sure they'd need permission to do it on a book/movie.

DK
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 04:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I think they'll need permission from the movie if they make the people and cultures look like the ones in it. But if they went differntly, they most probally won't. Only from the book. They've made a RPG about LoTR, and I think a strat game would be cool.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
deadlydentures
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 04:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
I think such an idea drifts too far from the historical.
Besides, thats WarCrafts area.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
_Jesse_
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 04:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Sure, it may be WC's area, but WC sucks (well, it didn't fit my interest (trying to avoid flames here)), and we want ES to redo the error that blizzard made If you can't tell, I didn't like WC3 very much

"Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

ESO Handle: TheBandit / Sab0tage

OVG_Noxx
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 05:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Sierra owns the rights for Tolkien stuffs... So, do not count on ES/MS lol

btw, a middle earth rts is in development by Liquid Ent. (developpers of battle realms). It's called LoTR : the War of the Ring and features the 3rd age.

Release on 2004...

Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 07:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Cool, really?

-
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames