You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » AoE 3 set in the industrial age
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoE 3 set in the industrial age
Positive
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 05:41 PM EDT (US)         
Hi guy's

i would like to have it set in the age of pre WW 1 and ending in our present age 20 century. Simple because there is no RTS (besides EE wich had some) wich is covering this age.

It would simple be amazing to have control over land sea and air. As resources i would suggest food , iron , coal ,oil (for fuel) further you can get money (or gold) by building markets (maybe stockmarket to finance your army).

I would suggest the go away from random generated maps and try to put real live maps in. There is enough history for each civ on the world to back up.

For online play i would like to see a huge world map where 5-12 players trying to win the world war. For 1-1 play they could be maps from different scenarios , like the war in africa or sea battles or specifically in europe.

Anyways just a thought , i liked to play Panzer General but this was turnbased ,there are basically so many things in this era that they would never run out of ideas .

There could be also a mode called Gurilla Warfare , where you have a certain amount of units an you cant rebuild your army , you can purchase certain kind of units for a certain amount of money at the beginning of the game and that's it. The player with the better micro or better unit choices win.

I havn't thought about what kind of unit's or civs , but it's a start.

What do you guy's think.

-------------Positive--------------------

AuthorReplies:
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 05:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
no, that would involve only guns and tanks, any RTS with guns cant be very good

CARPE DUCTUM!
Before you judge someone try walking a mile in their shoes,
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Bazz Lightyear
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 06:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I don't like it. It doesn't fit with the other games es made. And the idea of throwing out random maps really sucks, cause that's one thing that makes the games good. It's no fun to play on a map you already played a hundred times. It just get's boring, like wc3.
ages
Skirmisher
(id: alwaysages)
posted 12-17-02 11:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       

Quote:

I would suggest the go away from random generated maps

That would be the worst thing ES had ever done. Random maps add interest to the game (especially ones created by the unknown )

And I think guns would be boring.

! seilims eht rof elims
Cannibal Shadow
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 12:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       

Quote:

no, that would involve only guns and tanks, any RTS with guns cant be very good

Why do you say that?
ColdWind2Valhala
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 01:37 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
No random maps?, are you feeling ok? We don't don't need another warcraft 3 where you have to memmorize a map to be good. For god sakes ES don't listen to that guy.
Warlord
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 03:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
WWI would be so hard because to trigger trenches would almost be impossible.
lytyrstorm
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 04:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I personnally think it has pros and cons.

Pros: modern, aircraft

Cons: no random maps (big no no)

Looking forward to AoE3 - big population cap > AoM
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames