You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Why not an original people?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why not an original people?
alexanderTGII
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 06:05 PM EDT (US)         
i.e. why not create a whole new world, on an alien world, with alien cultures, without humans?

the rennaissance actually occured during the middle ages, so it's been done. something original is in order.

AuthorReplies:
Bazz Lightyear
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 06:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
All the age games are playing in old ages. So I would like to have something with arrows and things like that. Not (laser)guns. But I can't think of any age for their next game...
alexanderTGII
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 01:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
i never said laser guns. i said an original people. i.e. they could create their own original world, and start the aliens from their own stone-age type era. of course, since it's alien, it could be based on a different mineral, or what-not.

besides, just because all age games to date are in the past, doesn't mean that a future one has to be.

Nostalgia
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 01:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Leave that to Blizzard, it's not ES' style.
TheShadowDawn
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 01:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Renaissance is not the middle ages as history buffs will tell you. It covers the era or gunpowder and the loss of the feudal system and the introduction of many challenging political ideals. AoK only barely touched it, by stretching its timeframe to include Halberdiers and Hussars.

I think ES want to go with something that their fans will recognise. It will appeal to many past fans, whereas something completely new risks alienating those fans.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 12-17-2002 @ 02:00 AM).]

Colovion
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 06:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       

Quote:

Leave that to Blizzard, it's not ES' style.

ES needs to find a diverse style so that they can grow. They're great but just living on the Age series will kill them eventually. Why do you think Blizzard is doing so well for themselves? Cause they were innovative AND they branched out (Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo) <----RTS and RPG games.

If ES can pull off something like Starcraft was different from Warcraft 2 then that would be awesome because it would totally grow their fan base. However maybe they need to branch towards RPG or MMORPG or something?

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames