You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » short and sweet- one more idea on lighting for x-pac
Bottom
Topic Subject:short and sweet- one more idea on lighting for x-pac
Yondo
Skirmisher
posted 12-20-02 05:21 PM EDT (US)         
FOr the x-pac they should include an (OPTIONAL) day/night cycle for random maps

the cycle could work like this: game starts at morning, 2minute for light to change to day, 10 mins of day, 2mins to change to night (evening), the about 8 mins of night (because ppl are more defensive at night, itll last less), the 2 mins of sunrise, then back to day. if thats to quick, then maybe we can double the numbers or something

Maybe it can also storm (help farms), snow (not in desert, but maybe kills crops), and other disasters, just not to often (always alert when it happens tho)

just a thought... tell me what u think, maybe an ES guy will see this

Disasters and day/night cycle should be optional, as ppl may not like them too much

AuthorReplies:
rocky_923
Skirmisher
posted 12-20-02 06:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I like the idea of Day/Night. As long as bonuses are offered and detained.

The storm idea would be great too. But it shouldn't happen over the whole map, just one area. The area's should always be random aswell. So it might not always happen over farms or buildings.

Though this would be something more for AoM2 i think it would be amazing. It could add some great strategy and spectacular visuals.

Great Ideas!

DarkKnight_
Skirmisher
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 12-20-02 06:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
The day/night cycle would be awesome. The weather changes would be cool..but just for show..not to actually destroy anything. Imagine a stupid storms causing you to lose

DK
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames