You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tech Help
Moderated by Maffia

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Tech Help » Run TWC civs in TAD in windows 7
Bottom
Topic Subject:Run TWC civs in TAD in windows 7
Marrinhas
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-11 10:57 PM EDT (US)         
Hi

I change from vista to windows 7 64x

In Vista we use this to made TWC civs WORK ON TAD
run Regedit.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires 3 Expansion Pack 2/1.0 in and copy the PID value.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Age ofEmpires 3 Expansion Pack/1.0, click the right mouse button (edit: not edit an existing reg. but make a new one by right-clicking a blank part of the screen)) and create astring value with the name of PID. Inside paste the value copied before.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Age ofEmpires 3 Expansion Pack 2/1.0, and copy the value DigitalProductID.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Age ofEmpires 3 Expansion Pack/1.0, right-click and create a binary value.Rename the value with the name inside DigitalProductID and paste thevalue copied before.

but in Windows 7 the the game don't appear in regedit

Anyone can help?
(and it is not a problem from my pc, because in my pc friends don't appear too.
AuthorReplies:
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 08-24-11 08:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I've never had this problem in Win7-64.

Does uninstalling, removing registry values and folders and reinstalling fix?

This month I have mostly been playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Darkest Dungeon
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-11 10:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
There's generally no need to fiddle around with the registry if you heed some important features of Win Vista/7:

1. Don't install by CD/online autostart, but by manually launching the setup or patch file(s).

2. Run the setup explicitely (by rightclick) "as administrator" - an account with admin rights isn't sufficient. Changing certain registry values needs real! administrative rights.

3. Don't install into default (C:\program..) folder - but in a separate directory (or partition). This is due to system monitoring and for the 64bit versions different kind of (program/x86) directories.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames