Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.44 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Editor Bugs / Complaints
Bottom
Topic Subject:Editor Bugs / Complaints
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Windmere
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 02:42 PM EDT (US)         
Just thought it would be good to compile a list of bugs, to save others the frustration that might occur when they encounter them. If you know a way around any of these bugs, feel free to post a solution.

-= After testing a scenario, LOS Rings will be on. Although there is an option to disable this, it doesn't work. Only way to gain full LOS again is to reload the map.

-= You cannot use send chat, send spoof chat, etc, after a cinematic. You also cannot physically send chat (Pressing Enter and typing while testing / playing the scenario)

-= Modify Protounit does not work for most units, especially attack modifications.

-= If you click to fast on a drop down menu, such as selecting a unit type in any given effect, it will select the item behind the menu.

[This message has been edited by Windmere (edited 10-23-2005 @ 05:15 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Alexandergreat3
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-05 04:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 44       

Quote:

Just thought it would be good to compile a list of bugs, to save others the frustration that might occur when they encounter them.

It's also a good idea to have a list of Editor bugs/missing features, and send them to ES post-support team, so they can be patched.

Missing features:

• Changing camera pitch in-game
  • Online support for scenarios
  • memzap
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 04:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 44       
    It would be nice to have a map editor and not just the scenario editor. Or at least some instructions on how to convert scenario's into maps.

MemZap
    Shrink
    on the trender train
    posted 10-23-05 04:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 44       
    This is just a list of how the editor has become worse than the AOM one. Terrible.

Quote:

-= You cannot use send chat, send spoof chat, etc, after a cinematic. You also cannot physically send chat (Pressing Enter and typing while testing / playing the scenario)

Do you mean that if you have an opening cinematic, no chat will work for the rest of the scenario?

Windmere
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 05:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 44       

Quote:

Do you mean that if you have an opening cinematic, no chat will work for the rest of the scenario?

As far as I know, this is correct.

[This message has been edited by Windmere (edited 10-23-2005 @ 05:12 PM).]

The_Assimilator
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 05:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 44       

Quote:

It's also a good idea to have a list of Editor bugs/missing features, and send them to ES post-support team, so they can be patched.

Good idea. I just hope someone DOES send them the list.

and...

Quote:

Changing camera pitch in-game
    Online support for scenarios

You left out "Unit Editor" if we won't be able to edit models in a 3D program, then we should be allowed to do it in the unit editor, which was the feature they annoyingly took out of AOM for no reason. PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!!!!

[This message has been edited by The_Assimilator (edited 10-23-2005 @ 05:50 PM).]

Kumar Shah
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 05:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 44       
    There is very little chance for a unit editor because of the way the core AoM engine works (on which AoE3 is based). I got that from my trip to ES basically.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
    A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    The_Assimilator
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 05:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 44       
    What... Damn! well thats not fair...
    ArchNidhogg
    Skirmisher
    (id: Mouse Overlord)
    posted 10-23-05 08:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 44       
    Its not that the AOE3 editor is worse than the AOM one, its that its full of bugs... disappointing.

As far as I know, the "chat contains" effect does not work. Someone could prove me wrong though.

The Night Tower
    _-~:|Septenary|:~-_

[This message has been edited by ArchNidhogg (edited 10-23-2005 @ 08:06 PM).]

Alexandergreat3
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 08:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 44       

Quote:

Good idea. I just hope someone DOES send them the list.

Well, right now, we need people to report all the bugs they found in the editor in this thread. Once we have a good list of all (or most of) the bugs, one person (doesn't matter who) can post the bug list in General discussion, so ES can see it and work on fixing these bugs in their next patch.

Night Conqueror
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 09:04 PM EDT (US)     10 / 44       
    Wow, this brings back memories of the first days when AOM came out. More scenario editor disapointments.

Night Conqueror
    Lord Redwall
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 09:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 44       
    Is it possible that they knew about these bugs and therefore just made cinematics seprate from the actual scenario, like they did in campaign mode?

Also I've been finding placing water a royal pain in the ass.. I didn't design for AoM, but I know AoK was alot easier then this.. Any suggestions for it?

Death is Life
    Redwall is Back | kcaB si llawdeR
    -- With Inprovements

[This message has been edited by Lord Redwall (edited 10-23-2005 @ 10:17 PM).]

Kumar Shah
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-23-05 10:17 PM EDT (US)     12 / 44       
    They have had cinematics separate from scenarios ever since they introduced cinematics.

A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    Latino heat III
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 00:38 AM EDT (US)     13 / 44       
    Do we really need another bitching thread
    Nodgene
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 02:55 AM EDT (US)     14 / 44       

Quote:

I didn't design for AoM, but I know AoK was alot easier then this..

AoK editor is inferior to the AoM one in almost every respect, the only way it is better is that it's easier - but this is because it's less powerful and complex.

I'm, starting to think, this patch isn't simply for multiplayer... It's probably mainly because they rushed to produce the editor in time, and so made a lot of code-boo-boos. So they need a patch to fix it. And after release they have plenty of fansites which they can grab information of where the errors are.

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
    Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.
    Latino heat III
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 04:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 44       
    I dont think we will see any patches that effect the editor, unless they are custom made.

Latino Heat III

posted 10-24-05 11:34 AM EDT (US)     16 / 44       
    Editor users = (like)1% of their total sales.

Do the rest of the math.

[This message has been edited by KS (edited 10-24-2005 @ 12:22 PM).]

king of ages
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 11:46 AM EDT (US)     17 / 44       
    Hopefully modders will mod it some for more use

Nodgene
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 12:02 PM EDT (US)     18 / 44       

Quote:

Do the rest of the match.

I hope you mean maths* or I don't know what you're on about

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
    Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.
    Siewart
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 12:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 44       
    "chat contains" doesnt work. (i only tested it with team chat btw)

I also thought they promised a CPN editor... (cant find it )

Siewart

ESO: F4N4T1C

[This message has been edited by Siewart (edited 10-24-2005 @ 12:16 PM).]

Kumar Shah
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 12:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 44       
    ES doesn't use a campaign editor themselves

How many times am I supposed to say that?

Villi
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 03:03 PM EDT (US)     21 / 44       

Quote:

Editor users = (like)1% of their total sales.

A greater percentage plays the scenarios...

I think FOG.

[This message has been edited by Villi (edited 10-24-2005 @ 03:04 PM).]

Intrepid
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 04:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 44       
    SilencedDisciple
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-24-05 06:48 PM EDT (US)     23 / 44       
    Mind you that, even though there is only 1% of us, those who play our scenarios online are roughly 50% or more. Look at the AoC zone and Eso1 in AoMTT. You won't miss a Scenario on the screen.

That fact alone, should be enough to get ES thinking about this.

"We are as happy as our minds make up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
    Proud member of Ambition Designs

[This message has been edited by SilencedDisciple (edited 10-24-2005 @ 06:48 PM).]

ArchNidhogg
    Skirmisher
    (id: Mouse Overlord)
    posted 10-25-05 04:31 PM EDT (US)     24 / 44       
    When asking ES Paragon about possible "editor patches" in an ESO chat room, he said that ES does not support the editor, and that it is unlikely that they will patch it. :\ I think 3rd party editor editors will be very much relied on...

The Night Tower
    _-~:|Septenary|:~-_
    king of ages
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-25-05 04:53 PM EDT (US)     25 / 44       

Quote:

When asking ES Paragon about possible "editor patches" in an ESO chat room, he said that ES does not support the editor, and that it is unlikely that they will patch it. :\ I think 3rd party editor editors will be very much relied on...

Are any 3rd party editors out yet? I checked out the aoe3 one and it sucks.. I feel like making a aoe2 scenario just to bring my scenario confidence back up

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames