You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Blood!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Blood!
bluechipps
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-05 10:14 AM EDT (US)         
anyone else here working on creating any "blood" style maps? im pretty far along on mine and wondering if theres anyone who wants to exchange ideas on the mechanics
AuthorReplies:
Nodgene
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-05 12:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
I may do when I get the game - for AoM I have this great scenario which I need to release before AoE3 gets released in Europe.

One question, how do you define a "Blood"?

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.
Siewart
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-05 12:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
Yes, i do (castle blood). But if you are making blood maps you must know some facts. Mail me if you want: Siewart [@] Gmail.com

Siewart

ESO: F4N4T1C

Shrink
on the trender train
posted 10-24-05 12:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
It'll be interesting to see if AOM's evolutions on the traditional blood map of AOK are completely ignored as people create more AOK-esque blood maps, which are arguably much worse and 'primitive'.

DarckRedd
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-05 07:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       

Quote:

It'll be interesting to see if AOM's evolutions on the traditional blood map of AOK are completely ignored as people create more AOK-esque blood maps, which are arguably much worse and 'primitive'.

Perhaps worse, but isn't it the point of a blood to be primitive?

| D A R C K R C D D |
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 10-24-05 08:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
I agree. All of AOK's bloods are funner. They're more simple, but alot, ALOT funner.
V01ture
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-05 09:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       

Quote:

I agree. All of AOK's bloods are funner. They're more simple, but alot, ALOT funner.

Ditto

Nodgene
Skirmisher
posted 10-25-05 01:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       

Quote:

Yes, i do (castle blood).

Erg, I hated that map. It was the WORST SCENARIO EVER!!
It was the reason I got into scenario design, because I knew I could make something better - and you know what? I have, so nehh. That scenario is the most boring, repedative, ill-strategic piece of anti-social EVIL to grace the .scn file format!

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
TrituateXH53
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 00:28 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
WoW Nodgene...

I personaly hate any kind of blood maps(no offence to people who make them, unlike *cough*Nodgene*cough*)

Kenjitus
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 02:39 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
In my mind, bloods have been things such as archer blood (where when you obtain kills your unit automatically changes)

The other side is the 'fest' (this is swgb terminology)In this you select your unit eg: Mythodea.

Altohugh they are VERY similar I classify them differently. These days they are both probably just considered bloods. IMO Castle Blood is not really a blood.

But blood is just a word, and means whatever people make it.

Co-Leader of: Six Flags RTS Design Team
Current Projects: SF Map Pack 2
Nodgene
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 12:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Castle blood is not a blood. It is a sin! :P

Hm, total-war scenarios where the objective is to achieve the most kills.. Possibly?

intellix
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 08:01 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
castle blood was amazing
Reinhart
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 11:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
You know whats kind of neat to me? I made the original Warriors Blood map from AOK. And got e-mails about it (From the people kind enough to keep my e-mail address in the game info.) I did it because I loved the Zergling Blood maps from Starcraft so much. Of course, nobody is going to believe me, but oh well ^.^
simon_1018
Skirmisher
posted 10-27-05 04:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
I am working on a Trading Blood(or Train Blood) not yet decided the name yet

It use the special about the AOE3 Trading post on Trade route ,Each Player get few trading post to get resourse what they want, and use that to make army or research tech etc.

The Main object is destory emeny fort.

What do you think about this ?? I design it when aoe3 just in demo realese..

Nodgene
Skirmisher
posted 10-27-05 12:43 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       

Quote:

castle blood was amazing

SINNER!!

Quote:

You know whats kind of neat to me? I made the original Warriors Blood map from AOK. And got e-mails about it (From the people kind enough to keep my e-mail address in the game info.)

Good for you

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames