You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: rivers and.... computer players not responding in playtest scenarious
posted 10-24-05 12:54 PM EDT (US)   
Thx in advance..here goes...a couple of questions regarding

MAKING SCENARIOUS.

I've made 2 maps now and I'm still amazed at the graphics

1)when I go to playtest the scenario none of the computer guys are moving, including the explorer. I went to player data and saw that there are ai's and there and wonder if thats what I need to set up? also the eagles and birds don't move when I playtest scenario. How do I get the playtest to act like the real deal?

2)Rivers:

a)once I make a river..if I decide to add another branch to it, can I?

b)How do I make the river thicker in areas than others..is that the random feature?

c)can I run a river into a large lake without getting those squares which don't allow a smooth blending of river water with lake/ocean water?

3)Indians:

a)when I create a socket for indian tribes I noticed that theres nothing but a socket. In the demo's random maps I noticed that there were indians around the socket and if I remember didn't the Indian socket have a partial Indian building on it?

Replies:
posted 10-24-05 03:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
ES rushed the editor out a little bit, leaving many bugs :/

I hope they will fix everything with a patch

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 10-24-05 05:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
RE: How to make the computer player play:

1) Choose an AI in Player settings for each computer player

2) Place the object AI START OBJECT (in the embellishments objects menu) beside the computer player's units on the map (don't know if this object has to be placed right beside their town center or just beside any of his units. I have tested placing it beside his units AND beside the TC and it does work).

[This message has been edited by John (edited 10-24-2005 @ 05:06 PM).]

posted 10-24-05 05:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Thanks John,

I will try that one tonight. I never placed a object yet. So what your saying I need to place a object to start the AI for the computer, not just a trigger or do I need to do both?

Sounds easy enough.

Fenryial

posted 10-25-05 02:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Just choosing an AI file for the computer player AND placing an AI Start Object are enough to make the computer player do something.

Now, if what you want is for it's units to attack you right away or whatever, you'd have to do it with triggers.

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » rivers and.... computer players not responding in playtest scenarious
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames