Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » quick question
Bottom
Topic Subject:quick question
FMJ435
Skirmisher
posted 10-25-05 08:44 PM EDT (US)         
How would i go about revealing the entire map when im in the editor? Right now the line of site is only where there are people or buildings. Thanks for any help.
AuthorReplies:
Kovo
Skirmisher
posted 10-25-05 08:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
This is possibly the stupedist thing ES has done. Everytime you test your scenario and come back tot he editor, you only get the LOS of the player you tested with. Absolutly RETARDED.

Youll have to Save then reload the scenario in the editor. Thats the only fix I found.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but heres another problem. Is the only way I can set the age of a player is through triggers? This is so stupid.

Nodgene
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 12:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       

Quote:

This is possibly the stupedist thing ES has done. Everytime you test your scenario and come back tot he editor, you only get the LOS of the player you tested with. Absolutly RETARDED.

Heh, yes. One of them.

Quote:

Is the only way I can set the age of a player is through triggers? This is so stupid.

Apparently so, it isn't difficult.

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.
ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 05:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
You can place revealers where you want to give LOS. Also, there is an effect called "give world view" or something like that. Haven't tried it, but it looks promising. In AOM I use to just place an obelisk and give it mofo LOS - line as large as the whole map. I suppose you could try something like that, say an outpost and "modify proto unit" its LOS. The only thing is, if you can see the whole map, it may cause lag.

HF

Nodgene
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 05:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
In AoM there was the effect "Reveal map" or something, which you could toggle fog and black on or off.

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames