Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign Editor
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign Editor
Blody Avenger
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 01:29 PM EDT (US)         
I found some topics about campaign editor, but I didn't get answer that I seek.
I want to know where can I download campaign editor for AOE3?
Cause I realy want to make campaign.
AuthorReplies:
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 02:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I haven't heard of it... But I did hear that it was impossible or something to make a campaign... at least one with a fancy campaign menu... hmm

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 10-26-05 05:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I've never found any good campaign makers for AOM, but it was just a matter of writing your own .cpn file in notepad. It was easy and made a nice custom load screen. But not so with AOE3. See the thread "more bad editor news". I haven't found a way to add custom scenarios into the new game. I think the stock campaign load may be hard coded into the game files. For now I am trying to find a work around. Either someone will have to develop some tools, or maybe ES will remember to include it in the xpack. *shakes head*
Blody Avenger
Skirmisher
posted 10-27-05 03:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Yeah...I heard both things too...but I'm asking myself how are other going to create campaign...like Jack Absolutive...and others?
ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 10-27-05 06:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Well one way is that the campaigns may be loaded as individual scenarios. Otherwise it may require an install program, or the user to do some file manipulation like re-naming the original campaign files. This reminds me of the early modding days of AOM. Why ES stopped short of making a provision for adding custom campaigns is beyond me. Hopefully there is a way and people just have to find how. It looks to me, though, that the default campaign load screen may be hard coded into the game. Lets hope not.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames