You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How to do simple scenario computer units attack human player units?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to do simple scenario computer units attack human player units?
John
Banned
posted 10-29-05 01:12 PM EDT (US)         
I'm trying to make a fixed battle scenario, it is a siege uin which the human player defends and the computer player is supposed to attack.

I know how to make the computer player do something after assigning it an AI file, by placing an AI start object near his camp. This makes his workers start doing stuff and that, but it doesn't make his units attack the human player.

Is there anyway I could make a trigger or something saying something like: If so and so, computer player units attack human units inmediately? So fat all I've figured out is making armies and then using the ARMY MOVE or ARMY MOVE TO UNIT trigger, but that's not very efficient.

So, anyone can give me any simple idea of simply making the computer player units attack inmediately the human player?

AuthorReplies:
TrituateXH53
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 03:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Just use triggers. There are effects that set the enemies ai attack plan. Just make the ai attack player 1 or something.

John
Banned
posted 11-01-05 01:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Can you be more specific?

Isn't there an easy way to simply make that the opposing computer player attacks the human player with all his forces immediately?

(This is required for a field battle type scenario)

ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 05:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Unless you're writing your own AI, you're restricted to selecting one off the stock AI list. I haven't tried them all, however, no doubt there is one with an aggressive personality, so perhaps assigning that one may give you the result you want. There is a trigger which does assign AI directives. No idea if it works, but you can tell the AI to attack a specific unit or carry out a number of tasks. Try those trigger effects. Or as Trituate said, place an enemy army on the map, give it the effect "army work" and assign it something to attack. That's sort of a manual way of getting the computer controlled player to attack at a given point.
mitch1971
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-05 08:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Using triggers to set A.I. targets is possible, but not the most productive. I haven't got the game yet, but in Empires: DOTMW Editor there is a similar system. I have used it successfully, (I had the computer able to pick a party of troops from several combinations to attack me) However, one thing is known: Setting the A.I. this way, the computer will attack ONLY when he feels like it. And not when you want it. The easiest thing to do is simple task armies to attack you ever so often. Like I said the Empires editor is slightly different than AOE3 one (what with ghost armies and such working differently I guess) so I can't give you a trigger example, but it's not that hard. Experiment.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames