Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » cinematics question
Bottom
Topic Subject:cinematics question
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 04:25 PM EDT (US)         
I want my hero to say something at start of the scenario how can i do that? I just want no control for 3 seconds and let him say something and then return player control .
I want to let my guy say something in cinematic mode and move the camera a lil bit up where a fight is going on. And then after 1 or 2 secs in want to quit cinamatic mode.

[This message has been edited by Shizzle (edited 10-29-2005 @ 04:31 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 04:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
You'll need to use trigers.

First a triger that turns on cinematic mode.

Then a triger that plays a dialog file from the game.

then a triger that moves the camera abit.

a triger to make units do something (i.e. attack)

then a triger to turn the cinematic off.

there maybe other trigers involved as well, look on AOMH for aguides on how to make cinematics and using trigers. Everything you'll need to know is on AOMH or on wiki.heavengames.com/age/main_page

[This message has been edited by The_Assimilator (edited 10-29-2005 @ 04:45 PM).]

Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 04:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Thx mate i want bolivar say something like destroy the enemy or something is there a standard spoken text in the game i can load or something? Withou downloading or speaking a text myself ?
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 05:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Don't know. Don't have the game yet, won't have it til friday, maybe he might, you'll just have to play through the areas of the game that involve him and see if he says what your looking for.

other characters might say something along the lines of what your looking for, but if your looking for a specific command that isn't part of a sentence he says to another character, then i think you might be out of luck, don't worry though, i'm sure the sound file you want is in the game somewhere, you'll just have to search for it or wait until it's played in the game.

[This message has been edited by The_Assimilator (edited 10-29-2005 @ 05:38 PM).]

ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-05 05:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
There are a lot of sounds in the sound folder, and I would look at the folder named dialogue. Other sounds reside in the sound.bar folder but you'll have to unpack it to see the sounds inside. Once you've found the appropriate sound file, just stick it in using a trigger.
Kovo
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-05 06:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I have a problem similar.

I want text to show during my cinematic. Is this possible. I have used the send chat triggers, but they wont show up in the cinematic mode. Any ideas?

The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-05 07:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
You need to use the "play dialog" effect, this effect also gives you the option of writing quotes for units, to correspond with what the dialog file says. For example; you've selected the dialog file you want, under that there should be at least three options: 1) Name of the person speaking: This can be anything you want. 2) Subtitle: This is the text lines you see in cinematics that match what the sound file says. 3) THIS IS OPTIONAL Character Portrait: in-game portrait of a character to accompany what they say.

NOTE: This is how it was setup in AOM, it should be the same for AOE3

[This message has been edited by The_Assimilator (edited 10-30-2005 @ 07:31 PM).]

Kovo
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-05 08:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Must I have a soundfile though?
ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-05 09:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Kovo, be more specific. You mean do you need a sound file if you use the dialog play effect to display text? No, you don't.

[This message has been edited by ToMyBoY (edited 10-30-2005 @ 10:00 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames