You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How to use IGC Frigate?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to use IGC Frigate?
Armed Rebel
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-05 09:09 PM EDT (US)         
I'd really like to know how to make scenes where people are on ships.
I know how to place it and what not, but I dunno how to get it to seems as if it is shifting in the wake and what not.

Thanks.

AuthorReplies:
Cavuy
Skirmisher
(id: jonathan1222)
posted 10-30-05 10:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Place the IGC Frigate on water. you can raise the terrian below it to carefully allow units to stand on the boat, without the terrian being shown, or the units legs going through the floor.

To make it "shift in the wake" like in the campaign cinematics, you simply cannot get IGC Frigrate to rock in the waves. Ensemble Studios used the real frigate to remind the player that it's a ship that's rocking in the waves current. You can also try at simulating it with a camera track, but that may be difficult.

Cavuy (formerly jonathan1222) | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-05 10:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
if you put the cinematic ocean around it, it looks like its actually flowing. use that. I've been messing with it and its hard to get hte terrain just right for the units, but I got to keep working on it.

The ocean is called..SPC ocean or cinematic ocean or something. Use that.

Armed Rebel
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-05 11:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Nah, looking at the PIRATES cinematic they do it much better than simply raising the land.

sziggi
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 03:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
I had a prob with the boat spinning around, I solved it by using the terrain "no one may pass". Seemed to take care of that of course now nobodys going anywhere that terrain is. I did note the water flow till I was about done realy need an achored position.
Talon Karrde
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 09:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
are those barrels sinking into the wood?

Bah.
Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 10:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       

Below I am stating how it is done in the ES campaign and the method was given to me by ES_Scout.

Basically, try making a square sort of terrain inside a Cinematic Ocean area. Put the Frigate on that and you will be able to put units nicely.

Note: If it doesn't work properly, you can open up the SP campaign cinematic with the pirates, etc and save the terrain/ship/water part as a grouping and load it into your scenario.

Once you are done with placing units, and use Cinematic Ocean as it makes it look better, use a camera track that loops and just sort of goes up and down. Tweak it and you should be able to get a nice feel of the ship moving. Remember, only use this in cinematics. Don't move the IGC Frigate itself in your scenario.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames