You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How to create visual damage?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to create visual damage?
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
When i create a damage percent trigger the building is only statistically damaged. how can i create visual damage? The damn rubble props destroyed houses only have the circle skins. A bit strange if you there is a destroyed circle house in a american colony
AuthorReplies:
Windmere
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 03:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Are you sure you are damaging the unit enough for the different stages of graphical damage to appear?

Windmere
Age of Empires III Scenario Design
Red Beard
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 04:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I don't have that game myself, but it might be your graphics settings.

(˘•٠˛••°ˉˆ˚°€ ̬ €°˚ˆˉ°••˛٠•˘)
-o˚°o€ Red Beard €o°˚o-
ˆ˚°”-•٠o•|^|•o٠•-“°˚ˆ
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 10-31-05 05:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I know in AoM that when you placed units in the editor, you can controll them. I am not sure if it is the same in this game. Here is an example: Make a house then make an enemy cannon near it. Select the cannon and right click to attack the house. Then delete the cannon and BAM, you have a damaged house. Like I said, I'm not sure if it works in AoE3

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
Moosefood
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 05:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
You are able to control the units in the editor so that would probably work.
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-05 07:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I think that works too. Damage in the scenario editor, I'm pretty sure carries to the real game.

dark_mace
Banned
posted 11-01-05 00:21 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
lol im glad you ask.
I played around with this for about 3 hours.

Theres 2 ways to go about it:

a) There is a effect called "Show Damage" or something along those lines. It ahs 3 properites: Damage, Fire, Smoke.

You put numbers in those to corespond with the different parts of a building that will be on fire and be smoking.

However i find that it doesnt work so well. So what i did was create a trigger where i have like 10 cannons firing at a buidling for about 10 seconds (out of view ofcourse). I havea looping trigger with a condition that states of building damage is >=70% make give it + 2000 hp points. That way the building can be destructed to its lowest possible level (and it has a threshhold) but without being destroyed. ANd it is visually demolished really nicley.

I combine my cannon firing trigger with my Show Damage effect. The Show damage effect doesnt work to well for actual destruction areas...but it works well for fire and smoke.

So i have my building on smoking and burning...and i have the visual damage caused by the cannons.

Naturally after 10 seconds of constant barrage i remove my cannons from the map. It looks nice i must admit.

Its quite possible that im using the Show damage effect inccoretly, but i spent a good 3 hours trying to figure out the best way to do this...feel free to play around with that trigger.

The problem im having with this..is debri refuses to stay. I want my debri to stay also...but i cant tink of anythign to force it to not "rot" away or dissapear.

[This message has been edited by dark_mace (edited 11-01-2005 @ 00:24 AM).]

sziggi
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 08:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Finding where this trigger is used in the camp would probably clear things up a bit. Yet like chat contains I don't believe in its current state could have been used.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames