You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Has anyone found...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Has anyone found...
themarsh1369
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 08:21 AM EDT (US)         
Has anyone found where the default homecities are stored, 'IE: homecityspanish.xml'. I'v searched the cabs on the three discs but no luck. I'd would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Marshall

I'v been playing with the 'sp_homecity' files in the 'savegame' and could customize more if we can make 'homecity' files IE: 'civ files'.

It looks like we can make our own homecities without moding any of the original files, by making our own files and putting them into the 'campain' directory with a sub folder called, something like 'custom homecity'. It would be nice to look at the original files for guidance, thats why I looking for them. Again I'd would appreciate any help in finding these files.

Thanks again
Marshall

[This message has been edited by themarsh1369 (edited 11-01-2005 @ 09:41 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 12:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
You can find the tutorial in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\Campaign\Age 3 Tutorial".

The file "homecitytutorial.xml" lists all of the cards in the game. You just make your own file and pick and choose which cards you want your Home City to have available to obtain.

I'm not sure how to set everything up exactly how I want, but I'm working on it.

themarsh1369
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-05 07:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I have found the the 'homecity' files in the data.bar. Thanks to Ykkrosh / Philip Taylor for making AoE3 ED.
If I come up with anything of interest I'll post a download.

Well... I'v been able to edit the homecity files and have the game read/use them with out "modding" the game...but,
to truly create a new 'civ' it looks like "modding" needs to be done. Looks like I now have to look at the modding forums.

If you want to make your own home city (not civ) you can do this:

1) get AoE3ED open the data.bar file in the data folder. Extract the homecity files, convert them with the AoE3ED converter, and put them in a folder.

IE: C:\Program Files\Games\Age of Empires III\Campaign\Custoum City

Custoum City being the folder you create

2)Open one of you 'sp_' files in

C:\Documents and Settings\Marshall\My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Savegame

3) Edit this line

<defaultdirectoryid>0</defaultdirectoryid>

to this

<defaultdirectoryid>3</defaultdirectoryid>

and this line

<defaultfilename>homecityspanish.xml</defaultfilename>

to this

<defaultfilename>Custoum City\NAMEOFYOURHOMECITY.xml</defaultfilename>

I'm not sure of what all you can do here, I just know I couldn't do what I wanted. A custome homecity file might be a nice addon to a RMS file.

Marshall

[This message has been edited by themarsh1369 (edited 11-02-2005 @ 08:42 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames