Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » CInematic Messages
Bottom
Topic Subject:CInematic Messages
Alex898
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 04:13 PM EDT (US)         
How do you get messages that show up during cinematics? I tried message but it doesnt work.
AuthorReplies:
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 04:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Use an effect called "play dialog", it gives you the option of either playing a dialog sound file or adding subtitles to go with the dialog, which is what the cinematic text is. You don't need a sound file for the subtitles to apear, but it helps those of us who can't read the text fast enough in custom cinematics cos they don't last long enough.
Alex898
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 08:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
How about those chat type messages in game? I tried message but it was really bad and had 4 ugly boxes lol.

Also, is there anyway to disable a home city for the level? Thanks lol

ATTEcLiPsE1
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 09:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
There is an effect that you can use to disable the home city...I forgot what it was called bu just do a little searching, it can't be hard to find if it has the words "Home City" in it.

Also, you can used "send spoofed chat" to send chat-type messages. It will show a chat thing without the player's name but with the player's color. Using the effect "send chat" will show the player's name.

-=*Put this in your sig if you or a friend has survived or was killed in a Pokemon battle.*=-
-=Eyecandy & Screenies=-
-=Join the Effort! Community Campaign!=-
-=Email me at: att.151(at)gmail(dot)com=-
-=My AoM:TT Tag=-
CaveTown
VIP
posted 11-01-05 09:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
The trigger to disable the home city is "Player Set HC Access"

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
Alex898
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-05 11:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Thanks guys, this will really help me XD I'm almost done with the first scenario of my campaign!

I tried both Send Chat and send spoofed chat but neither worked (I used Send Spoof Chat, From Player 1 to Player 1). The Messages has a :, a ? and a ! in it, does that affect them? I know the condition worked because it converts some units and the units did convert, the message just didnt show up

[This message has been edited by Alex898 (edited 11-02-2005 @ 00:15 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames