You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AI Path Trigger Questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:AI Path Trigger Questions
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 12-12-05 04:30 PM EDT (US)         
By PATH I meant attack/defend PLAN.

*** How exactly do AI Attack/Defend Plan triggers work?

*** Do AI Attack/Defend Plan triggers work only if the computer player has an AI?

The reason I ask these two questions is because I have a scenario where the computer player has no AI (I don't want it to have one), but I still want the troops that are triggered to spawn on the edge of the map and walk into a town to attack a certain building or group of buildings so that when the army battles, and a unit no longer has LOS on an enemy target it won't just sit there.

I don't want to use an AI because the computer player has no town. Computer armies spawn on a road at the edge of the map and march towards a town as if to invade it. By giving the computer an AI, the computer would then disobey the trigger orders for its army. So do AI Path triggers have anything to do with what I'm wanting the computer to do?

I appreciate the help.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.

[This message has been edited by Cy Marlayne (edited 12-12-2005 @ 05:40 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 12-12-05 07:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I don't know if you can assign AI tasks without assigning an AI.

You'd just have to add a trigger effect using say timer or something else to move the army once its destroyed the building. Otherwise you could use a looped trigger to move from the action area, say with a condition of timer 2 secs. and make sure the attack move is on. That way, that army will attack move every 2 seconds. Once everything is destroyed in their path, they'll move away. Then disable the looped trigger. With attack move on, the army will move away, but will fight if they encounter an enemy. No enemy, they'll move away.

Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 12-12-05 08:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Yeah, but too many triggers can really lag up a good scenario.

Thank you for the help, I think that's what I'm going to have to do.

Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 12-12-05 10:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       

Quote:

Yeah, but too many triggers can really lag up a good scenario.

Not necessarily true. The real determining factor is how many triggers/effects go off at the same time. Plus if you're effecient with triggers, you can get pretty "intelligent" moves out of units without using very many triggers.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames