You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The question that'll clear it all...
Bottom
Topic Subject:The question that'll clear it all...
Kerrush
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-05 07:55 PM EDT (US)         
Hi again. I'm having difficulties to design a scenario similar to the original ones. I solved some problems but still:

- I've no problem with "AI Start". The villagers are working very well.

- I also made the computer attack the player with its starting units. (with an Attack Plan)

BUT!

- How can I make the computer to continuously produce units and send them to the player? The units just stand around the barracks and only attack if the enemy is in their LOS!

I think many designers suffer the same problem...

AuthorReplies:
Dark_Jedi06
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-05 08:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
You have the AI start object...but did you actually assign a specific AI to the computer?

ESO Name: Dark_Jedi06
AgeCommunity Statistics | ELO Rating

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War
ToMyBoY
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-05 11:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I think once you assign an AI to the computer player you pretty much relinquish control over its units. Otherwise you could just use a looping trigger, say set for 60 seconds, and use the army deploy effect, fire event the next trigger which has an army move effect.

The only thing I can think of is maybe use one of the AI effects with a loop to say defend a point setting the point near the player's town. Loop it for say every 30 seconds. There is also, I think, an AI effect like "attack an army". Just set the player's TC as that army. I'm starting to mess with those AI effects just now myself so not all certain what they can do.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames