You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.147 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
NAT
Banned
posted 02-05-06 12:12 PM EDT (US)         

The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests

News

10/5/06 - a new RMS script for y'all by RF_Gandalf, Gandalf's Random Land Map. A step ahead of ES!
19/5/06 - CaveTown releases the sequel to his campaign Roanoke, Roanoke 2: Mysteries of the Ones
14/6/06 - Botolf releases a nice FF scenario, Seige of Fort Niagara.
16/6/06 - a nice no rush RMS from schildpad, here.
17/6/06 - an awesome set of maps with observer mode enabled, from pftq.
06/2/07 - A very nice Advanced Triggers Set by pftq.
06/4/04 - A great New Editor2 Expansion Patch by kjn, and PureAlbino.
19/4/07 - HTML and BBCode are now enabled in the Download Section for “Description”.

Review Requests!

This thread has been created to help both designers and reviewers. This is mainly aimed for requesting reviews for random map scripts and single player scenarios. Requesting reviews here gives reviewers a base to work from and it prevents the downloads from being too clogged up with people requesting for reviews there.

Before you review a map please do read the Review Guide!

If you would like your map reviewed add a post to this thread, stating the title of the map, it's type and a link to it in the download section. Forummers can then take note and review your submission in the download section. Thanks!

Current Review Requests:
Cinematic: smilie - The wrong path

Reporting Reviews

AoE III Heaven is proud to be the home for many designers and fans in the community. Therefore, in hopes of maintaining a positive environment for all fans including the map makers, reviewers, and just the playing fans, this thread has been created.

This thread can also be used to report comments and/or reviews in the AoE III Downloads that you believe should be looked at and possibly removed. All that I really need are names and a URLs. This will be very helpful in aiding me to keep the downloads clean and tidy.

I have written out an updated version of the review guidelines first written by Angel Spineman. These are only guidelines for reviewing but it is assumed that when you write a review you have read through this article.
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/reviews/camp_guidelines

I'll also try to keep track of removed/changed reviews.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 04-21-2007 @ 11:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Takk
Skirmisher
(id: Luke_Feanor)
posted 02-05-06 12:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 147       

Quote:

Note: Depending on how transparent this is I may decide to add a short list of unanswered calls for reviews to this header post.

I reckon that would be a good idea - this works really well at AoKH under Tanneur. It's much easier to just open up the topic and look at the heading for a list of reviews that do not have reviewers yet than hunt through posts.

Also, maybe you could consider having 'thread reviewers'? At AoKH anyone with 4 posted reviews can become a thread reviewer, and they work from a list from here. It kind of encourages reviewing, and gives a standard to work to; something to aim at.

Lucas is boss.

[This message has been edited by Luke M (edited 02-05-2006 @ 12:37 PM).]

Felix Hermansson
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 02:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 147       
If this is for random map scripts as well as for custom scenarios, then I'd like people to comment on my scripts listed here, especially on those where I didn't receive any feedback so far.
Goblin5
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-06 08:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 147       
I'm looking for as many reviews and comments on the "A Few Random Choices" scenario just uploaded. I am making a larger version and am looking to make it as playable as possible. Thanks all.
boogereater
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 02:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 147       
I posted a review for you map in the downloads section Goblin5 as I see this thread is worthless. Great game by the way.
U_Spawn_U
Skirmisher
posted 03-04-06 01:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 147       
Notice only 4 replies that was should merge thisd thread with Report Download Reviews/Comments Thread

U_Spawn_U - Think About It
NAT
Banned
posted 03-04-06 07:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 147       
I agree Spawn, I'll do it a little later today.
WildCardDoW
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-06 11:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 147       
Will there be an official group for this thread that do the requests or is it for anyone to pick up?
Takk
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-06 12:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 147       
At the moment it's for anyone to look at and review.

Lucas is boss.
Takk
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-06 07:14 AM EDT (US)     9 / 147       
Just to clarify, seeing as there is a little confusion regarding the purpose of the thread: regarding review requests, this thread is for authors who do not have a review yet in the downloads section and would like one. They can request for a review here and I'll put the request in the topic post. Then prospective reviewers can use this thread as a base to work from to post reviews in the download section for those who need it most. It avoids having the downloads section clogged up with review requests and it's nicer to have it all in one thread.

Lucas is boss.
U_Spawn_U
Skirmisher
posted 03-10-06 00:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 147       
Much better joined, god job NAT

U_Spawn_U - Think About It
Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-06 11:41 PM EDT (US)     11 / 147       
Pretty Much all the reviews in the DL section aren't worth it.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
NAT
Banned
posted 03-12-06 08:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 147       
It was Luke actually Spawn, cheers
Goblin5
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 147       
After twice being hit with poor reviews by scarylarry and johnyboyz I am asking that the reviews posted by them be removed from any games I have uploaded, I don't post games to be insuted by members. I thank bheworker for calling out the people who called him a smurf on my review section and the moderators who stated this was untrue. Being that 3 different members are living at this location any reviews or comments made by us will carry a notation of who says what, again I do not visit this site to be insulted nor do my roomates.
I will no longer post scenarios until I feel they will not be attacked by people who feel some competative need to outscore others. That misses the point of reviews entirely.
Tim
Goblin5
Takk
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 09:50 AM EDT (US)     14 / 147       
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I'll check the situation out.

Lucas is boss.
NAT
Banned
posted 03-19-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     15 / 147       
Goblin5, I have answered in the downloads.
dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 03-28-06 01:44 AM EDT (US)     16 / 147       
Please remove the "review" from kyle1292 here.
Takk
Skirmisher
posted 03-28-06 03:14 AM EDT (US)     17 / 147       
Thanks for the heads-up; rating removed.

Lucas is boss.
Poisonium
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-06 10:00 AM EDT (US)     18 / 147       
I think that this download is illegal.
Though, i'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Also this seems illegal.

EDIT #2:
Yeah, i know a mod checked them, but even moderators do mistakes sometimes....

Rain is coming down

[This message has been edited by Poisonium (edited 04-28-2006 @ 10:08 AM).]

dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 05-16-06 10:44 PM EDT (US)     19 / 147       
You really should go through the RMS section at some point. There are many so-called reviews which state not much more than "great map, just like your others", especially RF_Gandalf's maps seem to attract those. Here's just the latest example. Proper guidelines for RMS reviews, along the lines of those for scenarios, couldn't help here!
Takk
Skirmisher
posted 05-17-06 03:45 AM EDT (US)     20 / 147       
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm working on review guidelines for the other categories currently but it takes a while. I've had no proper PC access for a while, but I'll get on it. Thanks.

Lucas is boss.
smilie
Skirmisher
posted 05-21-06 10:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 147       
I would like to have my cinematic reviewed. It's called "The wrong path "and can be found here: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=462. It's a cinematic 4:20 long and tells the tale of two men, who turned the wrong way in life, and are going to meet the consequences.

I based my story on parts of a book I once read, because story-writing is not my strongest point.

Even though I think I did a decent job on my first cinematic, there will be (much) points to inprove. So any tips, ideas etc will be very much appreciated.

---
Oh, btw can I edit the text in the download section without having to upload the cinematic again? The description is a bit short now.

Takk
Skirmisher
posted 05-21-06 01:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 147       
You don't have to re-upload the file when you use the update form; if you just change the description that's the only thing that will be updated.

Added your request.

Lucas is boss.
smilie
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-06 08:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 147       
Ok, thanks . I added some text now, but it's still not much.
annihilator2000
Skirmisher
posted 06-14-06 10:51 PM EDT (US)     24 / 147       
I would like my cinematic that was for the liquid cinema contest, Death by Natives, to be reviewed.
Since Shaw Da Man's cinematic that was also for the contest was reviewed it has past mine in downloads, and being the evil person I am I must regain the lead

ESO: Space_man
AoE3 Cinematics:
Death by Natives and The Last Scenario Designer
Project announcement coming soon!
dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 06-26-06 06:46 AM EDT (US)     25 / 147       
The so-called "review" here is a joke, but more importantly, the file in question is no RMS. It should go under Utilities or Misc Files.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames