You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.851 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 32 33 34  Next Page »
Custergrant
Skirmisher
posted 07-10-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)         

Logo designed by Swift Sampson

Welcome to the Eye-Candy Thread!

This is the place where you can show-off your skills with the editor. All submissions will be stored in the main thread for everyone to see. You can find the old AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread here. You can also view the best 10 screenies submitted from everyone here.

This thread contains eye-candy from 28 users
In total, there are 94 Screenies posted
Top screenshot poster is The Pac Mule with 10 entries
People with a * are connected to the Eye-Candy Guild

annihilator2000
Between the Mountains
Between the Mountains (morning)
Out of the fog

*benjammn311 of Lucky-Zion Studios
Just Bite the Bullet
Life
And the Rocket's Red Glare
The Arrival of General Gage

*Botolf
Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Perfect Night for a Revolution
The Somme

*CaveTown of LiquidFire Studios
Stories of Marshes and Chiefs

chicken101010
Screenie 1

Darth Aroman
Untitled

*GeneralBlack of DGDN
The Flooded Village
Nature Around the Waterfall
The Hunter's Convention
The Campers
What Happened Here?
Forest Lake

Grand Penguin
Screenshot1
Screenshot 2

*hiccuper
Untitled
Forbidden Cliffs
Red Square

irish_legend8
ambush
a new settlement

*Jap88
Untitled

kr1sse
Day at the Spanish colony in Jamaica
Spanish trading outpost in the spring
Spanish trading outpost at night
Dusk - Spanish trading outpost

Linuchadnezzar
Freddie the Awesome Ripper
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle
Downtown New Newcastle
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle

oliver
Screenie 1

*Olauwers of Imperial Creations
Big Stone Statues
Feast in the Palace
Let Me Out!
A Lick of Paint

*omicron1
Crooked Hands
Death

paul ty
Another Day of Fishing
4rth of juily
Daddy, the Mime's Back
Screenie 1
Screenie 2

Selim of DGDN
As The Lines Are Drawn
A Walk in the Woods

*Shaw DA MAN of Lucky-Zion Studios
Toward the summit
Haunted Forest day
Haunted forest night

Steel Cat
Comic-Book Crown
Time Train
Trebuchets, Sappers, Oh My
Space Battle

*Swift Sampson of LiquidFire Studios
Visitors
A Dangerous Path

Sziggiof LiquidFire Studios
Broad_Side_Attack
Whites_of_Their_Eyes
Where_the_Buffalo_Roam
Home_Again
Stary_Sky
Pentagoet
PortRoyal

*The Pac Mule
Average Day on 5th Street
Rainy Day at The Train Station
Spanish Gunpowder
The Gang's on the Loose
Winter Carnage
Open The Gate!
Spaniard Heroes
WARNING! Being Govenor May Significantly Shorten Lifespan.
Yet Another Countryside Skirmish
Move Into The Light
ROME

*Twoqtimes2 of LiquidFire Studios
Honey, I'm Home
Well, It's About Time!!
Indian River Village
The Estate
Farewell
Finally, We've Found Jack Sparrow
Early Morning Battle
Hidden Village
Storm Rolls in on Shanti Town
What Was That?

*WingCatcher
Arrival on a Foggy Island

Von Dutch
The Peaceful Storm

*YousAHo of LiquidFire Studios
Censored
Uncensored

ZELOBSTER
The Brothers Meet
The Cavalry Awaits
The Scouting Party Calls It A Day
A Prospering Farm

*Zeuslord5000
American Defense Post
Dutch Headquarters
The Dock of the Dutch

Co-Leader and Founder of the Eye-Candy Guild
Head of Research and Development for the AOE3 Editor
Designer's Mod Co-Creator
Official Story Writer of Wherever

Come join the Guild!

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 07-01-2007 @ 11:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-02-10 04:35 PM EDT (US)     826 / 851       
More on the press:

Fog in Kolkata
An Indian city with an Iroquois evening light screenshot, though I feel a bit bad because someone already used the same setting and lighting for something like this but I can't remember who I could give credit to for the idea.

Passage to Nippon
I've been wanting to do this particular picture for three years but didn't have the card for the background. Now I do.

Critique?

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 06-07-2010 @ 05:08 PM).]

BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-07-10 05:10 PM EDT (US)     827 / 851       
Hello? Anybody? *sulks*

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-07-10 05:42 PM EDT (US)     828 / 851       
The first one works very well. Especially with the consulate in the foreground and the taller buildings coming up out of the dust. (Given the lighting it's more plausible as dust, than as fog.)

The second one doesn't work as well. The colour of the fog is too bright and washes out the background. Either use a different lighting set or use the Set Bloom Fog trigger effect to pick a nonwhite colour for your fog. I realize you're trying to create a false skybox using fog + terrain elevations. If you use a larger map size, with most of the map behind the scene and somewhat embellished, you can use less fog, and experiment with different colours and effects. Of course, it takes a good graphics card and fast CPU to do this, otherwise taking a low screenshot lags a lot.

The first screenies I took of Cahokia were really low quality because I had built all my test monuments and pyramids on a 200 x 200 map. I had to add 300 map units of blank map behind the scenery to give myself enough landscape to not have a black or grayed-out distance. I wanted to give the impression of a vast Classical Mississippian city with extensive farmlands and river traffic. You have to plan that into your map and build it, if it's not there in the picture, your imagination won't be able to make it appear for the hundreds of people who will see your screenie.

In your case you might want to expand Dejima Bay and place the island off in the far distance, to be your false skybox. Line it with Portuguese buildings and Nat Jesuit Temple reed huts mingled with a few Japanese-style buildings. Let the viewer see that the port of Dejima was a busy place, crammed with the ships of all nations and the Japanese traders and imperial customs agents. Behind the island lay the other side of the Bay and the Honshu mainland. These should be a faint hint and mostly shrouded by fog. Use YP Prop Fog at water level if you can.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-16-10 06:01 PM EDT (US)     829 / 851       
I have set up two major projects that I intend to make. I would like some opinion as to which one I will start first. Both are a series of pictures.

Since the Chinese expanded very far West during their time, almost as far as Kyrgyzstan, I wanted to do a a shot of a Western Chinese settlement with references that I got from watching Chinese movies. However... The size of the settlement I did not plot out in a very controlled manner.

Deargodwhathaveidone

I will expand upon this ridiculous miscalculation of land by plotting and construct a realistically sized Western Chinese settlement and zoom in on each cardinal direction of the town and provide detail to that particular part. Say the southwest will be the marketplace and west/northwest will be the Arab, Turko, and Chinese communities alongside a great mosque and several Buddhist monasteries, etc. I have all my references in mind, all I need is time.

My other project will be a War Story, which I gladly intend to post in the War Stories thread with an actual story to go along with it. This will typically be an illustration of what I wish AOE3 could have been if it were detailed.

Peninsular Supremacy

It is a fictional scenario in Canada. The French have started forming a major colony as a headpoint against the British in a bid for the Canadian territory. The fully built colony would be impregnable as the natural boundaries of the mountains, the narrow rivers, and almost wall-like forests encasing three-fourths of the colony would provide a safe haven for French forces. The only accesible point to this natural fortress are two rivers watched over by a mountainous strip of land. A water crossing divides an isthmus, providing clear access to the rivers leading to the colony. British traders and settlers leap to action to colonize and control the peninsula and blockade the French fortress into surrender. Should they fail, British control over Canada would be impossible.

The screenshots would detail the French and British squaring off in a typical AOE3 style game, only in more detail than our predecessor.

As much as I like to kick a dead horse, I don't always have time for it. Which one should I do?

oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 07-26-10 03:19 PM EDT (US)     830 / 851       
Wow this place looks like a graveyard.

Just wanted to say that As_Saffah and BurningSushi460 that I have previously grown much inspiration from you two and that your artwork looks fantastic.

eso name: oliandsam
clan: some silly dutch one
"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."
Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodriguez
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-24-10 02:07 PM EDT (US)     831 / 851       
Merry Christmas from the Fall of Russia!

At a hidden camp deep in the Ural Mountains, Ulbrecht, Oskar, Cesare, and Magnus take a break from their daring conquest of the Russian Empire. The sympathetic Patriarch Nikolai leads their ragtag camp in a chorus of Christmas hymns as hungry miners and Nootka warriors tear into their presents.

The men have saved up loot and rations for months to exchange on Christmas, under the noses of the Imperial Cossacks who demand taxation on Christmas presents. "Christmas is about love, and giving it should be free," says Oskar.

Magnus got a bottle of amaretto from Cesare.

Ulbrecht got a letter from home in Frankfurt with a packet of spice cookies wrapped in a few grease-stained pages from the Frankfurter Allgemeine. The dated newspaper page turned out to be the more valuable gift, as it ran a headline telling of the Tsar's troubles. "Ach, he's spread very thin. It is time to strike!"

Oskar got a cedar box full of smoked salmon from Klahanie, the Nootka war chief. When he asked Klahanie where he could get such nice fish, the chief said, "The colder the water, the better the fish. Here the rivers freeze almost to the bottom - the fish are better than home."

Oleg Kamin, the miner foreman, got a pack of bacon from Ulbrecht and a can of tobacco from Magnus. "Are you sure you are not trying to kill me? Some doctor in France says that eating too much bacon and smoking too much will cause cancer." "Pshaw," replied Magnus. "Nonsense. Besides, if you don't eat, the cold will kill you long before you have time to worry about cancer. Look where that sort of thinking got Napoleon at Borodino. We will make no similar mistake here."

Klahanie got a new hat and a lucky nugget cloak pin from the miners. "You know," said Klahanie, "in my country, this little golden rock has sent thousands of men to their deaths - I can't see how it is supposed to be so lucky." He kept it anyway, and had it made into a ships compass in Vladivostok. "A much more useful doodad for a whaler such as myself," he mused.

Just thought I'd whip up something fast, no great technical prowess here. TFOR is a classic AOE3 RPG map, one of the first ever custom scenarios online.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 12-24-2010 @ 02:31 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-30-10 11:38 AM EDT (US)     832 / 851       
Here are two noobish screenshots

Now, finally: where is the duck ?

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
red527890
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-11 06:40 PM EDT (US)     833 / 851       
I have only just started using the scenario editor, i havnt really made any good campaign scenairos, but i have made 3 *Collosseum* games.The names are RBS-02..RBS-05..RBS-06 I have made each scenairo from a blank map."Not" ripping off other peoples work! i wish i knew how to make a link for them. sorry i am new to all of this.

New Photos Added Often-
Open Link and scrolle through pics.

-My EyeCandy -Tell me what you think
Link---- Link has been moved

](((redBUILTscenairos))) (TM)

[This message has been edited by red527890 (edited 03-31-2011 @ 02:17 PM).]

Mercante
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-11 07:19 PM EDT (US)     834 / 851       
Ambient and clean-cut. This picture is simplistic and as far as criticism is concerned, if you really wanted to make it in-depth, you could have added some Amazon foliage embellishment under the trees to fill up the sparse spaces and give it more solidity.

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half filled. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No longer a problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky
red527890
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-11 07:59 PM EDT (US)     835 / 851       
--link has been moved--

[This message has been edited by red527890 (edited 03-31-2011 @ 02:16 PM).]

maxulino
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-11 07:40 PM EDT (US)     836 / 851       
two things:

1. can any mod put my screens that are on a topic called My three first screenshots to this list

2. How do you take out the editor bar that is in my screens at top ( do you need to cut them with paint?)
Mercante
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-11 09:49 PM EDT (US)     837 / 851       
@red527890: Your gallery is quite impressive. It seems like work fit for a high-class AOE3 scenario. However, the standard technicalities which can be adjusted in Options make it quite unsightly. One, try clearing up the screen of any UI features so that it doesn't shatter the depth, such as unit alphas, using print screenshot in the File bar rather than print screen on the keyboard, and so forth.

@maxulino: Dawg, that thing hasn't been updated in four years. You think its going to be updated now? Also, just by going to Screenshot in the File bar, you can check the boxes shown that will eliminate the UI and such so that the picture is clean when the image is shot.

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half filled. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No longer a problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky
red527890
Skirmisher
posted 03-09-11 12:22 PM EDT (US)     838 / 851       
I sorted my images a little bit better.(no more random links everywhere)new added often

(79)CollosseumMaking:-- http://cid-01df8e0bf1b4175d.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=1DF8E0BF1B4175D!446

(38)Middle East:-- http://cid-01df8e0bf1b4175d.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=1DF8E0BF1B4175D!526

(133)Natives&NorthAmerica:-- http://cid-01df8e0bf1b4175d.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=1DF8E0BF1B4175D!565

(60)Tropical&Asian:-- http://cid-01df8e0bf1b4175d.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=1DF8E0BF1B4175D!699

(16)TheCave:-- http://cid-01df8e0bf1b4175d.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=1DF8E0BF1B4175D!760

(17)FewRandom:-- http://cid-01df8e0bf1b4175d.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=1DF8E0BF1B4175D!777

I know some of the screens deffantly need a bit of tlc but i get to many different ideas, and usually want to start somthing els as soon as i start a project

Anyone know if theres a mod or some way to add new buildings etc to the scenairo editor ? Like the buildings you see in the homecitys..

(((redBUILTscenairos))) [RBS]

'/¯¯¯¯/\¯¯¯¯\`·.''/¯¯¯¯/\¯¯¯¯\·. /¯¯¯¯/\¯¯¯¯\`·.'
|.·´`·.·|:/____/`·.'|·´`·.·´|:/____/`·.\____\::¯¯¯¯`·.'
|.·´`·.·|:\¯¯¯¯\:./'|·´`·.·´|:\¯¯¯¯\·./____::\¯¯¯¯\`·.'
|____|::|____|`·.'\____\/____/`·.\____\/____/`·.'
'`·.:::::`·.`·.::::'`·. `·.::::::::::::'`·./ '`·.:::::::::::::`·./

[This message has been edited by red527890 (edited 03-31-2011 @ 02:21 PM).]

oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 11-15-11 11:19 AM EDT (US)     839 / 851       
Got bored had a spare hour so made this:

onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 11-15-11 07:26 PM EDT (US)     840 / 851       
looks nice
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-12 10:45 PM EDT (US)     841 / 851       
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-14-12 04:19 AM EDT (US)     842 / 851       
nice use of skies. Looks nice

I'd rotate the sun because the ships shadow looks strange (under the reflected part - too low settings?)

http://imageshack.us/f/403/screen77.jpg/

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 01-14-2012 @ 04:39 AM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-14-12 08:23 PM EDT (US)     843 / 851       
As a general rule, you would prefer to have the sun behind the viewer, so that the surfaces facing the viewer are lit up brightly.

Backlighting using a sun position low on the horizon does reflect off the water very nicely. This can be used to hide underwater shadows.

However, sometimes you want to show the shadow of floating objects under the water. If your setting is on a shallow tropical bay, the water is often crystal clear and boats, canoes, etc. cast a crisp shadow on the sand below the surface.

This is only in the shallowest part though. Once the beach begins to slope downward into the bay, the shadows are broken up by the depths and also by the rippled patterns waves leave in the sand.

There's a guide for using Set Water Lighting triggers to make dazzling screenies on any body of water.

Man, this makes me want to make some more eye candy. brb

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 01-14-12 09:59 PM EDT (US)     844 / 851       
wow, i didn't know i could be so inspiring well, here's another one :P
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-12 09:23 PM EDT (US)     845 / 851       
Nice building arrangements ^^^

Here's one I just made

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 09-24-12 01:02 AM EDT (US)     846 / 851       

I am currently procrastinating doing my homework due to tomorrow so I decided to put my best effort forward in recreating El Tres de Mayo, by Francisco de Goya.
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 09-24-12 02:13 PM EDT (US)     847 / 851       
Kind of mediocre...

You could have had several different plays of white and various brown/gray/black colors for the villagers and the riflemen. The riflemen could have probably been different types (Strelets or Guard musks?) IGC units would have been beneficial, even, with them so close to the viewer.

Your lighting is probably bluer than it ought to be if you're going for that painting and the nighttime skybox could be used in the background.

I would have roughened and then smoothed the terrain everywhere to create more variation and kind of mound it up around the fort a bit to hide the ugly ground decal and make it look more realistic, and probably would have used more buildings but made them farther away.

and more that I'm not really into typing out...

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 09-24-2012 @ 02:14 PM).]

CYLee777
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-15 05:48 AM EDT (US)     848 / 851       
Anybody got any ideas on how to make a realistic Great Wall of China?
renai
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-18 02:36 AM EDT (US)     849 / 851       
This is my eye candy from my first custom scenario : Makhikoi Episode 1 - Nineteen Tribes. I have submit this custom scenario to Aoe3 Heaven. Download HERE.

in this scenario, I have put all 19 Native American Tribes settlement in there. I just love playing NAT units and decide to experience with it.

[This message has been edited by renai (edited 02-11-2018 @ 11:24 PM).]

renai
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-18 06:26 AM EDT (US)     850 / 851       
This is eye candy taken from my second scenario, Makhikoi Episode 2 - Sioux and Natives Alliance. You can download it HERE.

renai
Skirmisher
posted 02-28-18 11:49 PM EDT (US)     851 / 851       
Here the eye candy taken from my custom scenario "Makhikoi Episode 3 - Aztecs and Natives Coastal Clash". Scenario available at download section.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 32 33 34  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames