Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » RM Idea Contest
Bottom
Topic Subject:RM Idea Contest
Aoe3_Badger
Skirmisher
posted 04-06-12 06:56 AM EDT (US)         

You have always wanted to make a great RM for Aoe3, but you are not a coder, right? Or perhaps, you don't understand a thing of scripting. Maybe you have decided to learn RMS, but then got lazy?

Well, your dreams have finally come true! For the first time in Aoe3 modding history, you have a chance to get RM based on your ideas, without needing to script it yourself. Isn't that great?

Basically, here is how it works:
1. There will be one week to post a RM idea, and that will work as your entry for contest.
2. After a week, judges (AOE_Fan aka Aoe3_Badger & Pepp) decide on the best idea and announce the winner.
3. The winner of best idea gets a RM based on it. The map will get scripted by AOE_Fan.

Rules and notes:
1. Only 1 idea per person is allowed.
2. Winner is decided by AOE_Fan and Pepp.
3. There is one week's time to post ideas. The deadline is Thursday 12th of April, 18.00 GMT.
4. The idea can contain modded things, but they don't come with the map. In these cases, similar replacements from unmodded Aoe3 (+TWC & TAD) will be used as much as possible.
5. The winner gets permission to use the map in own projects/mods, the same of scripter needs to be mentioned though. AOE_Fan also has permission to use the map.
6. The winner can edit the map later.

Guidelines, so that you have better chances of winning:
1. The map should be unique, try to bring something new.
2. Large areas like "USA", "Europe" or "Russia" are usually hard to make look good. Smaller areas like "Ireland", "Finland" or "Alps" can be better.
3. The map idea should be thought out well.
4. If the map has natives, it is wise to use fitting Aoe3 ones, as much as possible.

So, let's start it then, shall we? Good luck for everyone on making those RM ideas. Remember, only one can win!
If you have any questions, just ask. I tried to say every important thing...

PS: The contest is also running in other forums:
WotTA
NE
AgeCommunity

RM scripter and coder for Knights & Barbarians mod

[This message has been edited by Aoe3_Badger (edited 04-06-2012 @ 05:26 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Enzoo
Skirmisher
posted 04-07-12 11:34 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
well i made several RM ideas which are on my computer, i was always too lazy to write them to RMS. But those maps (often i just took the basics from standardmaps like yukon) would be top maps in terms of balance/make the gameplay funnier, more fair, ... i know its hard to write maps like that with RMS (=bs :/).
So im not sure if it makes any sense to send them since that what u guys are searching for is just a fantasy wonderland for concripts it seems. or am i wrong?

[This message has been edited by Enzoo (edited 04-07-2012 @ 11:36 AM).]

Aoe3_Badger
Skirmisher
posted 04-07-12 12:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
We aren't searching for any specific type of RM ideas. They can be "fantasy wonderlands" or real places on earth, we don't care, as long as the idea is good. So just go ahead and give us your best idea!

Also, there is only 1 contestant currently and that means you have much higher chance of winning...

Enzoo
Skirmisher
posted 04-10-12 03:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
yes but if i send a good map (good in terms of good to play aoe on high skill lvl) which looks like nothing special it makes no sense to send the map at all, thats what i meant.

[This message has been edited by Enzoo (edited 04-10-2012 @ 03:33 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 04-10-12 05:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
I think they search more for creativity

At the wotta forum you can get a view on other forumers presentations.
http://wotta.com.br/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1411&sid=f2475b65e2b8f3ba4772b049f075d5a5

Remember the deadline is the 12th april

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 04-10-2012 @ 05:49 PM).]

Aoe3_Badger
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-12 12:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Okay, Pepp hasn't yet replied to my PM, I hope he does that tomorrow. I cannot tell anything about who the winner is, but here is the Top 5 in no particular order:

Dark Force: Denmark (NE forum)
Hoop Thrower: Tierra Del Fuego (WotTA forum)
MAF: Lost Valley (WotTA forum)
Tahattus: Great Zimbabwe (WotTA forum)
Sanguivorant: Hostage (WotTA forum)

Enzoo
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-12 02:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
why not just make the rough example with szenario editor? but too late now.

anyway, i would like to organize a competition for a map which can be used for high level aoe play, in terms of aoe 3 skill and aoe players who would like to play the game on a balanced/good map (not szenario). i guess this map would be used very well and would really help the aoe community. ofc those mapmakers would kinda waste their time then for it if they dont play aoe at all. just an idea and at the moment they are gonna make the winner map i guess.

[This message has been edited by Enzoo (edited 04-14-2012 @ 04:47 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames