Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.52 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Wars of Middle Earth
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wars of Middle Earth
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
checanos
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-13 01:56 PM EDT (US)         

Overview: This mod focuses on the events during the War of the ring but also has other eras present. I am attempting to make a clean, historical and balanced modification.

It will include:

*Several new maps, natives and mercenaries

*New ages: First age, Second age, Third age and Fourth age

*New UI skin

*New units, techs, and Home cities (As well as cards)

*New music

*12 New civilizations and 3 new cultures

Civilizations I have started and worked on:

Angmar
Arnor
Dwarves
Goblins
Gondor
Harad
Isengard
Lindon
Lothlórien
Mordor
Rhûn
Rohan

Civilizations I plan to also include:

Mirkwood

Civilizations overview

Arnor

Culture: Men
HC: Annúminas
Leader: Elendil
Style: Rush/Boom
Economy focus: Exp. and Food
Bonuses:

*Ages up through events rather than politicians, which provide technologies instead of units.

*Infantry give +10% Exp. when created.

*Can send Home city politician cards, that have a better effect depending on which event you aged with.

Distinctions:
*Home city military card provide less units.

*Is rather weak in the third age.

*Has a large navy and many navy/mercenary/ally cards available.

Units:
Archer, Swordsman, Spearman, Ranger of the North (UU), Horseman and Lancer.

Navy:
Fishing boat, Transport ship, Warship and Númenórean ship.

Gameplay Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG2AGgNQxGg
(features hobbits and ents)

Pictures

Dwarves

Culture: men
HC: Erebor
Leader: Thrór
Style: Turtle/Boom
Economy focus: Gold and Wood
Bonuses:

They have stronger and slower villagers that gather better at gold

They have 180 population, but their villager build limit is 80

Buildings cost gold

HC cards are better but they have a slow Exp. rate.

Units have more hit points but less Line of Sight and speed

They also have no cavalry and a small navy

Units: Archer, Axeman, Axe thrower (UU), Dwarven pikeman (UU), Fishing boat, Ram, Spearman, Swordsman and Transport boat

Pictures

Goblins

Culture: orc
HC: Goblin town
Leader: Great Goblin
Style: Rush
Economy focus: Gold and Food
Bonuses:

All buildings (except town centers and walls) are 70% cheaper but can be captured by anyone (like sheep)

They have the snaga as their villager, a weak villager with a strong attack. They have build limit of 80

All units are cheaper but weaker

They have a weak navy and can train cavalry through a card

Units: Cave troll, Fishing boat, Goblin archer (UU), Goblin spearman Goblin warrior, Gundabad orc (UU), Ram, Transport boat

Through cards: Balrog, Warg, and Warg rider

Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2oM1PwPvQ

Gondor

HC: Minas Tirith
Leader: Denethor II
Style: Boom
Economy focus: Food
Bonuses:

Gondor can build Warning beacons. These buildings can summon armies, but each time you call an army it gets more expensive and takes more time to train

Has a well rounded military

Units: Fishing boat, Horseman, Knight of Dol Amroth,
lancer, Longbowman, Ram, Ranger of ithilien(UU), Spearman, Swordsman, Transport ship and Warship

Pictures:

Harad

HC: Umbar
Leader: Unknown
Style: rush
Economy focus: Food and Wood
Bonuses:

Buildings cost -50% but lose hit points over time

All HC cards that send units can be sent infinity

Units: Archer, Ballista (UU), Corsair (UU), Corsair ship (UU), Fishing boat, Horseman, Longbowman, Mounted archer, Mûmakil (UU), Ram, Spearman, Sworsman, Transport ship and Warship

Pictures:

Isengard

HC: Isengard
Leader: Saruman
Economy focus: Wood and Food
Bonuses:

Insengard starts out as part of gondor but when it reaches the third age it changes with all new units and technologies

Isengard can also build the Tower of Orthanc with provides several technologies

Units also are cheaper but weaker when they reach the third age

Has a weak navy

Units: Archer, Fishing boat, Horseman, Ram, Spearman, Swordsman, Transport boat

Post third age:Crebain (UU), Fire of orthanc (UU), Fishing boat, Uruk crossbowman (UU), Uruk pikeman (UU), Uruk scout (Uu), Warg, Warg rider and Transport boat

Pictures:

Lindon

Culture: elves
HC: Grey havens
Leader: Gil-galad
Style: Rush
Economy focus: Exp. and Gold
Bonuses:

Has extra technologies that provide a large advantage at a high cost.

Docks auto produce exp.

Has a strong navy both ingame and with HC cards .

Units auto heal over time.

The Units are better but the overall population is 180.

Elven villagers gather faster but are more expensive and only 80 can be trained

Units: Archer, Elven transport ship, Elven warrior, Elven warship(UU) , Fishing boat, Mounted archer, Ñoldorian lancer (UU) and Ñoldorian warrior (UU)

Pictures:

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqSprKePJog

Lothlórien

Culture: elves
HC: Caras Galadhon
Leader: Galadriel
Economy focus: Wood
Bonuses:

Units auto heal over time.

The Units are better but the overall population is 180.

Buildings are slower to build but they spawn Mallorns when built

Mallorns slow down nearby enemy units

Has mainly ranged units, but a weak navy

Elven villagers gather faster but are more expensive and only 80 can be trained

Units: Archer, Elven transport boat, Elven warrior, Elven warship, Fishing boat, Galadrim warrior (UU), Mallorn (UU), Mounted archer and Warden of lorien (UU)

Pictures:

Mordor

HC: Bara-dûr
Leader: Sauron
Style: turtle
Bonuses:

Can Build guard towers for free but they take longer to build.

Has several elite HC units available.

Has have the snaga as their villager, a weak villager with a strong attack. They have build limit of 80

All units are cheaper but weaker

Has a weak navy.

Units: Fishing ship, Olog-hai, Orc archer, Orc spearman, Orc warrior, Ram, Siege tower, Transport boat, Warg and Warg rider

HC Elite units: Black uruk (UU), Morannon orc (UU), Morgul orc (UU) and Nazgûl (UU)

Pictures:

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEu6Mn9uhac

Rhûn

HC: Unkown
Leader: Unknown
Style: turtle
Economy focus: Gold and Food
Bonuses:

Buildings are 1.5x times more expensive but a unit spawns each time a building is built.

Is good for raiding and rushing.

They Have a strong cavalry force

Units: Archer, Axeman, Balchoth raider (UU), Fishing boat, Halberdier (UU), Hoseman, Mounted archer, Ram, Sworsdman, Transport ship, Wainrider (UU) and Warship

Pictures:

Rohan

HC: Edoras
Leader: King Théoden
Style: Rush/Boom
Bonuses:

Each age up provides a farm wagon, they also start with one

Has an immense cavalry force but a weak navy

Units: Archer, Axeman, Fishing boat, Horseman, Lancer
Mounted archer, Mounted axeman (UU), Royal Guard (UU), Swordsman and Transport boat.

Pictures:

Gamplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5JP7zUzFyE

If you have any suggestions/ideas please post them (especially ideas for civ bonuses). Please make sure they are also historical.

I started this modification September 2012 and have done quite a bit. Currently there is no release date but if you would like to help it would go by faster. Just contact me through PM or email. Currently I need help with:

RM scripting
AI scripting
Ideas for bonuses, cards, techs, politicians...
Voice sets in Black speech
Voice sets in Elvish (Quenya and Sindarin)

I hope you liked it

[This message has been edited by checanos (edited 08-30-2013 @ 11:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 07-31-13 03:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 52       
This is quite amazing!

leon o duque
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-13 05:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 52       
wonderful work checanos, butt as isengard have few unique units i think that will be good ading the explosive mines created by saruman. and i am the same leon of wotta forums so we can talk about this also in wotta forum.
checanos
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-13 06:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 52       
This is quite amazing!
Thanks!
wonderful work checanos, butt as isengard have few unique units i think that will be good ading the explosive mines created by saruman.
I actually have that unit I just forgot to write it :P thanks
Sicunder
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-13 08:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 52       
checanos, nice work- i really liked rohan.
leon of wotta, your mines reminded me of that ogre of saruman (in movie) who blew up the water drain before the elvish archers could shoot him down-

1. are we talking about a very fast petard type unit- may be the only one in game available to isengard?
in that case i recommend.

this guy(chilche-igc) made more ugly and pale holding a bombard cannonball make spiky-

2. also the sauron's eye can give politician sauron the power to enable - far reaching line of sight - like what ottoman consulate does for India.

3. may be you can modify toro del oro for home city towers of isengard and mordor.

4. isengard can have faster wood cutting bonus- saruman politician.

5. the cave type underground factories with some constant workers like Jesuit village, and one orc master standing shouting (anime same as celebration anime of urumi) in the middle. only available to dwarves and one of the resource is mithril.

6. any ideas about natives who live in caves?

7. forest type natives?- walking trees that hit buildings like mahout and crush infantry the same way. theur village will actually a forest(not wood but terrain feature with additional fallen trees terrain from great plains maps)

8. warg raider cavalry- i am sure you have it, but i was thinking if enlarged aztec jaguars can be used instead of horses.

9. stronger walls of mordor based on grey-black Japanese wall

gates look like the black gate has in built fort towers?

just these ideas for now.
you guys can try and visit here more often here- not just for the opening post.

[This message has been edited by Sicunder (edited 08-01-2013 @ 07:46 AM).]

checanos
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-13 10:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 52       
2. also the sauron's eye can give politician sauron the power to enable - far reaching line of sight - like what ottoman consulate does for India.
I have it where it enables spies
3. may be you can modify toro del oro for home city towers of isengard and mordor.
The tower of victory works better
4. isengard can have faster wood cutting bonus- saruman politician.
for a bonus it is too generic, but they do have more techs related to that.
5. the cave type underground factories with some constant workers like Jesuit village, and one orc master standing shouting (anime same as celebration anime of urumi) in the middle. only available to dwarves and one of the resource is mithril.
I'm not sure If I understand you completely
6. any ideas about natives who live in caves?
The dwarves of the iron hills
7. forest type natives?- walking trees that hit buildings like mahout and crush infantry the same way. theur village will actually a forest(not wood but terrain feature with additional fallen trees terrain from great plains maps)
Ents are included, but have the mahout anims is impossible.
8. warg raider cavalry- i am sure you have it, but i was thinking if enlarged aztec jaguars can be used instead of horses.
Right now I have the black knight merc horse as the warg for the warg rider and a retextured warg for normal wargs. (hopefully it can be raised in scale) Can you attach riders to jaguars? I tried with wolves and it did not work.
9. stronger walls of mordor based on grey-black Japanese wall
Worth trying.
just these ideas for now.
you guys can try and visit here more often here- not just for the opening post.
Thanks for the feedback. Who do you mean by "you guys"?
leon o duque
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-13 12:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 52       
wow that mod mod is wonderful there is even ents there, butt will be good adding troll or half-troll warriors for the orc factions.
Victor Hurtado
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-13 01:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 52       
Half trolls are from Harad (human faction) and olog hai, a Mordor unit is a more intelligent troll. Goblins also have a Cave Troll.
Checanos wrote the explosive, it is the Fire of Orthanc that was already there.

[This message has been edited by Victor Hurtado (edited 08-01-2013 @ 01:25 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-01-13 02:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 52       
this is so impressive, the textures, the HC's, the icons and portraits... Amazing how this could all be done from one person within so less time.

Unluckily I dont have the skills to help you (AI & RMS). Duno if you intend to use medival siege engines... there I could offer decent ones.
Right now I have the black knight merc horse as the warg for the warg rider and a retextured warg for normal wargs. (hopefully it can be raised in scale) Can you attach riders to jaguars? I tried with wolves and it did not work.
rescale a model isnt a problem at all. There should be more problems with attaching riders to wild animals. I am almost sure one could get a wolf rider, but one has also to increase the wolf in size

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 08-01-2013 @ 02:47 PM).]

Victor Hurtado
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-13 02:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 52       
I wrote that in NE foruns:

Some ideas (some are not very original)

Goblins: The have a special type of outpost who is strong but they don't have upgrades, so they are weak in later ages (and could be captured), they also spawn Orc Spearmen every time, so they make an excellent rush but are weak in deffensive acts.

Lothlorien: I think is better to use Mallorns as small banks, and the forest wardens can also build traps for defense, but the traps must be close from the town center.

Arnor: The only civ with revolution. The revolutions are Cardolan and Rhudaur, when you turn into Rhudaur you go to the hands of Angmar and you can train orcs, and Cardolan can train hobbit type units. Arnor could have fewer villagers, but their buildings could have a food trickle to help in some aspects, so if you destroy their buildings, their economy is dead.

Woodland Realms (Mirkwood): Some UUs could be Forest Axeman (elvish axeman with a high bonus against heavy infantry) and Silvan Archer (a simple but with high attack elvish archer). Their Bonuses could be faster units and the buildings have a stealth bonus, so you must your explorer to find them.

Well, that is all, I hope you like it.
posted 08-01-13 03:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 52       
I can help you partially on the AI. I have made my own variant of the Draugur AI and have gotten it to train new units and upgrade new techs, and of course, made its management of economy better. First, I could give some major pointers.

Currently, I know how to make them gather less/more wood, am a bit amateur in some fields, but overall I think I could get an AI working with this mod that attempts to counter your units.

It is possible, if units have build limits, to make the AI build them separately.

Also, there is something called a 'SimpleBuildPlan' which uses one 'gEconUnit', or villager, which makes one villager build a building.

Thus, for SimpleBuildPlans, you get one villager building something. It should be possible to make a SecondaryBuildPlan, with 2 Econ Units.

I have found out how to make the AI build walls effectively and upgrade them. The radius for their main base is 55.0 ingame meters, which can be increased, but if it is, then RMS have to be programmed to position players further away from each other; if not, you may have problems building walls. I put the Wall radius 59.0, and wheras 60.0 and 61.0 work, they often hit other computer player walls in the process.

Note that a bigger base radius will help the AI tremendously on maps where they are positioned close to the edge of the map.

It should be possible to make them build more walls in team games, less in 1v1s, and to make different lengths of walls. It is possible to make certain civilizations use more walls than others.

Currently, I have found out how to make them build 3 walls on their own, from the Industrial Age onwards. Radii are 59.0, 89.0, and 120.0 meters. In your case, I either assume that is the Third Age or the Fourth Age. Nevertheless, if it is still 'SetAge=4' thing, or Imperial Age,

<Effects>
<Effect type ='SetAge'>Age4</Effect></Effects>
</Tech>

then, the AI will read the Ages like that. Also, it enables 'TechMonitors' for certain 'Ages', like Stagecoach for Fortress Age (since this tech can be researched at any trading post by the AI, they try and research it at every trading post, and since it is a UniqueProtoInstance, it only affects that trade route/native post. Nevertheless, it only appears at the trade route posts for Human players. In this light, its best to have the AI attempt to upgrade it later in the game).

To begin with, I either recommend to start as a base from the Draugur AI, or build of my variant, which has several major improvements. I must warn you, however, that whatever is added, especially from the homecity, takes a lot of testing to accomplish to make the AI put it in its deck. Overall you will aim for about 13 special cards to be included, or else the comp will just spam unit shipments.

It is also possible to make them favour unit, crate, wagon shipments, and the like, or to disfavour them. Partially, it is also possible to make them randomize strategy, though I would rather see them in more uniform to their civilization, or always supportive of their allies.

The AI does not know how to use stealth. To make this work with Nazgul, make Nazgul auto-stealth after a while, and make a scout monitor with them or something. The AI might not be able to handle the unit properly, unless they are primarily a fighting unit. Currently, the AI uses 'attack-move', meaning they attack your units when they see them. The Draugur AI makes more intelligent attacks, and actually flanks your armies. The reason the standard game AI sucks so bad is that it doesn't have any specific tech monitors and is not given any instruction on strategy. Age of Emprires III lacks the .per and .ply files that handled micro in Age of Empires I and II (Ages I especially):

http://aoe.heavengames.com/siege/AIandPER/plyfiles.shtml

"The aoe.ply file is found in your Age of Empires/data or /data2 folder. It is a small file, around 5KB, and here is what it does: The aoe.ply file is basically an extension of the Per file; it helps the AI use sophisticated strategy during it's attack. The main difference between the Ply file and the Per file is that the Ply file is more complex and controls only the attack, and only one Ply file is used for the entire game, while many different Per files can be used. It seems the AI randomly selects an attack format from the Ply file, depending on it's current situation."

There is another AI which deserves mention, and that is Nuggetfungs AI, and also another, Kangcliff's Napoleonic Era AI, and both are well-rounded. Nuggetfung's strengths are in his AI's supportiveness and aggressiveness, I've heard good reports of Kangcliff's AI, mostly from the NE crowd, and also my AI is more all-rounded, meant for Supremacy, Deathmatch, and partially, a lategame build. My AI does not play well on treaty, though in a normal supremacy game, works towards a lategame build. It does not use resource cheats.

I do not know how to make the AI register new treasures, as to get those. Simply, the Drauger AI just gathers treasures over time. It may do so with yours as well if you make new ones.

When you tell them to build a Town Center with a 'Hero' unit, or Explorer, they will send a villager, because they think it is a 'SimpleBuildPlan'. Thus, there has to be a certain amount of 'AI techs', which enable their villagers to build town centers, and thus, your problem is fixed. However, another option which works well without draining their resources is to let them ship a Covered Wagon.

If you have also noticed, it sometimes takes them a long time to build towers, or outposts from outpost wagons. There is a WagonMonitor which new wagon units need to be put to in order for them to build those wagons. In some cases, you also need to put it at other places in the AI for them to build it. Also, building new, specific buildings, unless they use the old units/buildings names in the proto/techtree files, have to be given a certain unittype that is to build them.

The AI only likes to research 12-13 techs from a building. After that it considers those remaining techs secondary. If you tell them to upgrade more, they may wait until their base is no longer under attack to start researching more.

When they are under 120 population and under 2000 of each resource, they like to simply 'trickle' units, thus build 1 Uhlan at a a time or 1 Musketeer from a barracks at a time, or in your case, 1 Elven archer and/or 1 Musketeer. To get them to fix this is currently beyond my skill. I only know theoretical ways to fix this, and one known way is the 'SimpleMaintainPlan', which makes them maintain 1 at a time. Another better option is to make every civilization get the 'BlockTrain', or 5-10 units at a time. Then the computer just builds them like Blocks.

However, the computer does relatively badly with banner armies. Just as it sometimes trains two groups of 5 Muskets from a barracks and 2 groups of 5 skirmishers afterwards, it attempts to build 20 banner armies, because each of those banner armies are counted as "1" unit, or "1 musketeer", thus they will never make use of 10 War Academies because they will use two to spawn 12 Banner armies. This, of course, is only if they have the resources. If they have less resources, often they use a more mixed unit que.

The AI training otherwise is actually not coded. It is a random integer which plays into what unit preferences you make them do. Currently, the Game AI favours Halberdiers, because they do the most damage for their cost and population count, and bases also its unit concentration on what Biases it has. For instance, InfantryBias, CavalryBias, ArtilleryBias. Each civilization has the capability of training their specific units, with the proper concentrations of what you want them to build. Generally, they do better with mixed-ranged forces, with Cavalry support, and/or heavy melee infantry (such as Doppelsoldners, and in your case, Elite Mordor HC units or Uruk-hai of Isenguard).

The Draugur tends to also favour Lancers, especially the Draugur, if possible. In my mod, I played down the Lancer bias, and favoured more moderate cavalry, and also made them favour more skirmishers.

If you have used any of the original Age0Techs like Age0Dutch for the mod, and just replaced the contents, then the AI will need to be coded "CivDutch" for Mordor, or if you have not done this, then there is a bit of work to do concerning the new civs and the AI. This also may be a bit gray or me if I do this coding, for I will be going into newer, foreign realms of coding.

AI note: if the tech you want them to research doesn't exist, (or you remove the tech from the tech tree), or if there is one typo in the AImain.xs, it will fail to load.

As for this, I do hope this information helps a lot.

In the cases stated above, however, I deem it good to simply give as much information about the AI, so that others can also help on it if necessary. When you are finalizing your mod, that is the time when AI coding can really begin. Before, I wouldn't recommend it because you may be switching techs back and forth, etc.

As a disclaimer, if I help code this AI, note that I am working partially on my own modifications, so sometimes may be tied down with those, and often enough with real life.

But this is possibly the most original modification I have ever seen for Ages III. Keep up the great work.

best of regards,

murdilator

[This message has been edited by murdilator (edited 08-01-2013 @ 03:48 PM).]

checanos
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-13 04:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 52       
In the cases stated above, however, I deem it good to simply give as much information about the AI, so that others can also help on it if necessary. When you are finalizing your mod, that is the time when AI coding can really begin. Before, I wouldn't recommend it because you may be switching techs back and forth, etc.
I thought so too. Your Ai sounds good because if the goblins can't make walls then they are pretty weak.
Woodland Realms (Mirkwood): Some UUs could be Forest Axeman (elvish axeman with a high bonus against heavy infantry) and Silvan Archer (a simple but with high attack elvish archer). Their Bonuses could be faster units and the buildings have a stealth bonus, so you must your explorer to find them.
I was thinking about Silvan archers, any ideas to make them unique and different than other archers? I also thought about stealthy buildings, but I heard it is hard to manage. I will see when I start on Mirkwood. (probably after the Hobbit 2 comes out, because there is little material about them to work with)
his is so impressive, the textures, the HC's, the icons and portraits... Amazing how this could all be done from one person within so less time.
Thanks! it definitely has been hard, but at least I have a strong base now to ask for help.
Unluckily I dont have the skills to help you (AI & RMS). Duno if you intend to use medival siege engines... there I could offer decent ones.
Well I was thinking about a catapult (gondor and mordor) and balista (harad), If you want I could do something for K&B in return.
but* will be good adding troll or half-troll warriors for the orc factions.
Half trolls are avialble as a mercenary to Harad and Mordor. (maybe also Rhûn, i can't remember)
Sicunder
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-13 05:17 PM EDT (US)     12 / 52       
5. the cave type underground factories with some constant workers like Jesuit village, only available to dwarves and one of the resource is mithril.

I'm not sure If I understand you completely
sorry about that-
and
i was referring to the man made mine-shaft that dwarves can make over the mithril mines, which extract coin from it on it's own without a villager(i think it's a novel concept- and atleast i like it). and increases infantry hp if even a single one is built any where in the map- thus making dwarves more powerful on mithril maps

we know that when we make a building the terrain beneath it get's modified (flattened in most cases), the mithril mine shaft will be such a building that makes the ground deeper like the caves in the campaigns.

here's a shot of mithril mine shaft building. (at present i have saved it as a grouping. it's very rough people are free to improve the looks.

since, the whole grouping is made within the area of the tin mine so it should not be a problem for placement rules.

a precious metal mithril one of the coin resource - i also want to link it with - armor bonus specially for dwarves but do not know how-
it can be under ground- like this in caves or in deep areas -are they possible in rms?

also do you have a petard-urukhai (berserker)- for which i posted chilche photo?
if the goblins can't make walls then they are pretty weak.
keep them as natives

edit:sorry stupid suggestion this one
but if you are playing with ai you have to make compromises may be use lan.

[This message has been edited by Sicunder (edited 08-01-2013 @ 09:08 PM).]

checanos
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-13 09:23 AM EDT (US)     13 / 52       
@Mister SCP
I am almost sure one could get a wolf rider, but one has also to increase the wolf in size
Really? If so that is perfect

@Sicunder
a precious metal mithril one of the coin resource - i also want to link it with - armor bonus specially for dwarves but do not know how-
it can be under ground- like this in caves or in deep areas -are they possible in rms?
I don't know if it is possible, but there are Mithril related techs.
i was referring to the man made mine-shaft that dwarves can make over the mithril mines, which extract coin from it on it's own without a villager
So is it like the sheep where you have to capture it for it to give you resources? or do players build it? (like a bank)
here's a shot of mithril mine shaft building. (at present i have saved it as a grouping. it's very rough people are free to improve the looks.

since, the whole grouping is made within the area of the tin mine so it should not be a problem for placement rules.
I don't think it is possible to add groupings to buildings.
Sicunder
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-13 10:04 AM EDT (US)     14 / 52       
rescale a model isnt a problem at all. There should be more problems with attaching riders to wild animals. I am almost sure one could get a wolf rider, but one has also to increase the wolf in size
you are just great scp- i don't mind if it is a jaguar or a wolf that warg rider mounts as long as it's something other than a horse.
So is it like the sheep where you have to capture it for it to give you resources? or do players build it? (like a bank)
yes, they are captured that way,

my plan was to to make a building that uses mithril metal mines as a slot to be build upon (like trading posts),
and slowly consumes it without having any villagers to work on it,thus saving population spot.

just like an outpost does the work of shooting enemy without having any soldiers in it
or
Japanese shrine garners resources from the attracted animals without the help of villagers. without taking pop space.

here gold mines are like animals,
and mineshaft/quarry building is like a shrine.

i guess we'll have to make a mew mining resource with a specially made mines which double as slots upon
which quarry/mineshaft building can be built.

the building will go useless once a mine is depleted. just the way fishing boats go useless once the fishes are gone.

and it will be easily convertible by orcs if an orc approach it when your unit is not near it.

when that happens,
it becomes a orc dojo which will hurt the settlers bonus, the orc spawn will be medium speed
but there will be a slower spawn of balrog.(modified George crushington but far less strong and easy to kill and with less funny anime.

ONE MORE THING-
i have heard that- in Napoleonic era mod an explorer can make his own mines like a building,
so i guess what i am saying is not entirely impossible.
we can give the same ability to the dwarf explorer.

also, a mineshaft like a shrine will have techs related to Armour (tepe style) and will give military bonuses (like golden pavillion).
-----------------------------------------------------------
also some new ideas-

if your eye of the sauron spies ability is it like Buddha,
then i have some eyecandy ideas not necessary for the gameplay.

eye of the sauron- tech can be linked to a black dragons flying around animation- they will fly around normally just like birds in a normal rms, enabled for the time till the tech is active.

but such a creature is not there in not there in aoe3 art. but i am sure aom has it, we can assign them the same skeleton and anime which aoe3 birds and vulture have.

we do have flying eagles in embellishment folder,
can they be used as big eagles of gandalf? after rescaling to large?
the animation will show them as big eagles flying all over the map, and depriving the enemies the spy ability for one minute even if spies is already researched (nazgul tech- enabled from the eye of sauron).

if you remember, in the movie gandalfs eagles scare away the spying dragon riding nazguls. thus they counter spy ability.

hunting eagles tech will act as the tech portrait.

we can not show them fighting in the sky but we can show them as counter techs. especially with the flying bird animations we have.

thus the gandalf can hide movements of his troops. in the movie too he used decoy tactics to hide frodo's movements.

also cast oneself ability for frodo/bilbo because of the ring,

@ scp, do you remember my paratrooper parachuting suggestion for titanjokers mod?

for the witchking of nazguls- he will be shown changing to a dark dragon rider just above where he was standing (a hot air balloon) he can travel as far as the dark air balloon goes and when it falls he'll be spawned as a mounted unit at the spot where his dragon lands(where the balloon falls). this will also give him a temporary attack aura ability.

and this is for fun,

or may be a wonder?
mount doom.

-----------------------------------------------------------
also i think fountain of youth is very elvish.

[This message has been edited by Sicunder (edited 08-02-2013 @ 01:07 PM).]

the egyptian
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-13 03:53 PM EDT (US)     15 / 52       
just amazing and impressive how things r made..!! i wish i could help,, but my experience is not as one tenth of that..
but great job anyway
checanos
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-13 04:51 PM EDT (US)     16 / 52       
if your eye of the sauron spies ability is it like Buddha,
then i have some eyecandy ideas not necessary for the gameplay.

eye of the sauron- tech can be linked to a black dragons flying around animation- they will fly around normally just like birds in a normal rms, enabled for the time till the tech is active.
I'm sorry but that is way too complicated for what it is worth.
the building will go useless once a mine is depleted. just the way fishing boats go useless once the fishes are gone.

and it will be easily convertible by orcs if an orc approach it when your unit is not near it.

when that happens,
it becomes a orc dojo which will hurt the settlers bonus, the orc spawn will be medium speed
but there will be a slower spawn of balrog.(modified George crushington but far less strong and easy to kill and with less funny anime.
Again too complicated.
just amazing and impressive how things r made..!! i wish i could help,, but my experience is not as one tenth of that..
but great job anyway
Do you know elvish? XP

Edit: I posted some pictures of Isengard.

[This message has been edited by checanos (edited 08-02-2013 @ 08:02 PM).]

Sicunder
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-13 06:27 AM EDT (US)     17 / 52       
I'm sorry but that is way too complicated for what it is worth.
may be for campaign scenarios if not for the rms.

bye
leon o duque
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-13 10:00 AM EDT (US)     18 / 52       
checanos will be good adding hobitt natives,the units could be like this:
brave hobitt : hand infantry is fast and can sthealth is weak and cheap[\center] and some techs:
den dewelling:buildings have more hitpoints[\center]
mushroom cooking:vilagers gather berrys faster[\center]
the egyptian
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-13 10:28 AM EDT (US)     19 / 52       
yes a little just few words :P but i have really free tongue can pronounce any language like native..
btw um castel from wotta forum..!!
Sicunder
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-13 10:44 AM EDT (US)     20 / 52       
they will probably be better as totally non militarized natives-
simply like local villagers from trading post - just the way there are cree couriers,
difference being that,
they have better gather rates at jobs like-
plantation and mills and farms (unlike men they are more Eco-friendly and are poor for exhaustible resources like hunts, mining, wood etc)

remember all hobits share the love of things that grow.

but i can imagine following special units enabled by TP techs at town centers as per culture of the major civilizations-

1. dwarwes- adventurer bilbo (high hp mithril vest, stealth from ring, and anti orc bonus and increased los- sting)
2. men - guard of the citadel peregrin, king's squire - mounted unit pippin
3. elves - frodo (bilbo except the sting), samwise (lao chen like punch ability but spyglass ability too to represent light of the evening star).
4. mordor/isengard- gollum (stealth ).

[This message has been edited by Sicunder (edited 08-04-2013 @ 01:46 AM).]

leon o duque
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-13 11:54 AM EDT (US)     21 / 52       
cool idea sicunder

[This message has been edited by leon o duque (edited 08-03-2013 @ 07:08 PM).]

Sicunder
Skirmisher
posted 08-04-13 01:35 AM EDT (US)     22 / 52       
thanks.
believe i have many items (plymouth props, party props in home city)in scenario editor to make
ok looking hobit villages but to create better/perfect hobit villages-
i'll need some items in home cities- like fishing guy etc.

also i have problem with hobbit houses
only if i can modify roofs of hobbit houses- to look like new englang ground (yes infact i believe hobit villages should match new england terrain)

[This message has been edited by Sicunder (edited 08-04-2013 @ 03:29 AM).]

Titan Joker
Skirmisher
posted 08-04-13 07:13 AM EDT (US)     23 / 52       
Wow! That's beatifull! I really like the art work: the textures of the buildings and units, the HC are great!

I don't think you know this, but I'm importing some new models for AOE3, and plan to release them to the comunity, some of these include buildings and other 3d models from other games/mods.

For example, I have an already imported Tower of Isengard - Orthanc, from AOM: LoME, I also edited it, since it's impossible to make them like the ingame buildings, (like losing the roof tops when a cannonball hits it), but I made a build stage and 3 damage stages to apply them.

If you want, I can release some of these in the 1st pack of imported 3d models, of course after the permission of the model creators. You only need to ask!
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-04-13 11:43 AM EDT (US)     24 / 52       
thats a nice 3d work.

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
Titan Joker
Skirmisher
posted 08-04-13 12:37 PM EDT (US)     25 / 52       
thats a nice 3d work.
No no no! Thanks for the complement, but I didn't create this! I only converted them from AOM's brg. to AOE3 Gr2. And they were made by other modders from AOM, I can't take the applaudes for something that I didn't make.

But if you're talking about the build/damage stages, it also didn't took a lot of work, most of it is just a rotatation of certain vertices while the rest isn't selected. I came up with this when I figured out it is impossible to the see damage rate on imported buildings. Then I realized I could make stages for them, and applied it on build and damaged logic. Not so troubling at all.

The textures of all my imported work go to art/imported, so no texture bug for them, and it also includes a temporary-bumpmap, since I haven't yet figured out how to make it in GIMP, I have a temporary one, where I can use replaceTexture to a working one when I finally find out how.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames