You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Redcoat/Musketer Swarming
Bottom
Topic Subject:Redcoat/Musketer Swarming
Stones Throw
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 00:58 AM EDT (US)         
May only work with British. You must also be able to gather a lot of food and gold. I recommend doing this in Imperial/Post-Imerial age.

This almost always works! If it fails the first time, keep using it.The object with this strategy is to completely overwhelm the oponent with musketeers/redcoats. Build a fort. Set the gather point for the enemy town center. And then...just keep making muskets' till the enemy gives in. If you do it with speed always wins, then you eventually end up with some massive army.Oh, also! If you use this on mutiplayer and the person gets wise and uses things good against musketeers, either attack your other oponent, or pull out some other cheap, swarmable unit till that dies off, then go in again with the Muskets'!! Yay, musketeer spamming!!

Alright, that's it. That's all I've got. Open for comment!

Stones Throw, master of uselessness!!

Mwehehehehehe!!

Okay, I admit it. I use speed always wins. And, sometimes, x marks the spot. So there.

AuthorReplies:
Osheal
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 01:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
okay, ill be patient heh.
any army made up of one unit is a really bad idea with the exception of possible french imperial gendarmes.
have you ever heard of falconets or heavy cannon? good bye muskets.
anyone beyond newb to rook is going to know how to counter massed muskets fairly easily.
Boss_of_MASS
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 01:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
...Playing in post imperial with cheats isnt really playing AoE3, and like Osheal said, cannons will slaughter your musketeers. Also even if you did have more than just your fort building them you probably wouldnt be building them fast enogh to have a sizeable attack all at once...
From_Hamsterdam
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 02:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
isn't that an typical ottoman rush? just making lots of muskets and chucking them at them.

If James Bond 007 is such a good special agent then why does he have to escape so often?
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 08:12 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Yeah, but those are jans and can be done at like 5 mins with a gabazillion jans, plus silk-roaded TPs... awful.
MusketKing
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 08:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
stne throw did u never wonder why the call my 'MusketeerKing'
but seriously LI are so cheap to spam and i dont think it would work
u spam musks they spam skirms
now who do u think will win?
i suppose u could whip out l bows... but its likely as soon as there realising ur only using infantry they will bring out some cannons
but then u could use hussars...
but then its no longer a musket spam

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
far_easterner
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 04:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
don't muskets and the like (jans) get a 2.3x bonus vs. light inf? cuz i know industrial age port muskets in melee mode totally own fortress age sioux wakina rifles (in small numbers < 30)
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 01-13-07 04:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
Light Infantry in TWC refers to two Aztec "cavalry" units - Coyote Runners and Eagle Knights. Common misconception, don't worry!

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 01-13-07 05:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       

Quote:

cuz i know industrial age port muskets in melee mode totally own fortress age sioux wakina rifles (in small numbers < 30)

musket melee > wakina melee, without any upgrades or multipliers.

industrial > fortress for about 25%

in small numbers actually all wakinas get into melee, in contrary to large numbers where some might continue firing.

So the fact that you won wasn't due to some multiplier, but to technological advantage and the fact that your units are stronger melee fighters anyway.

far_easterner
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 07:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       

Quoted from just a player:

Light Infantry in TWC refers to two Aztec "cavalry" units - Coyote Runners and Eagle Knights.

!!! pretty much everyunit gets a bonus vs. light infantry...wow...so aztec ain't so powerful afterall

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 07:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       

Quote:

musket melee > wakina melee, without any upgrades or multipliers.

Are you sure? Muskets really don't have anything 'special', for a melee attack, just a decent melee base attack with a good multiplier against cav. Wakinas have a decent melee attack, and a 2 multiplier against muskets in melee.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Earl Samsca
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-07 08:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Erm.. Wakina have a crap melee attack, but doubled its about the same as a Musketeer attack.

However the Musketeer (assumed vet upgraded) has over twice the HP and 20% hand resistance wheras the Wakina has nothing.

The issue is however that your almost certainly not going to get all the Wakina into melee and those who are not are going to be massacreing your muskets.

RiPP
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 07:53 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
All i have to say to this post is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TOATALLY OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Krator
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 10:52 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Whoa, ASCII art with exclamation marks.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
SahintheFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 08:49 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Muskets get a 2.3x bonus vs. light infantry, which INCLUDES SKIRMISHERS (not just Aztec semi-cav). This bonus is also present against abus guns.

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 08:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
Ahem! Light infantry only refers to coyotes and eagles, not the light infantry units (now known plainly as infantry units), that we referrered to as in vanilla.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames