Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Atztec vs Iro
Bottom
Topic Subject:Atztec vs Iro
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 03:26 PM EDT (US)         
What can you do? He can rush before you have enough wood for houses rax and units, he can fake rush and FF very quickly, and then... Forest prowlers...
AuthorReplies:
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 03:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
infantry>aztec

seeing as iro currently has the best infantry unit ..

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
sandman666
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
vs rush dont get rax immidiealy u can't afford the wood, just use mace shipments and big button jaguars if u garrison ur tc and use minutemen dance u can kill the rush

vs FF i dont know what to do though. forest prowlers op...

F1RE_FLY
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 05:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Make sure you have the coyote combat card. So if he fakes a rush and you have units, you can use your jaguar knights to take out houses and warhuts and maybe even a TC.
Then mass coyotes in preparation for his noobness laming.

~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
ESO: F1R╔_FLП
~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 09:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
i dont play azzies, but when i play against them as iros, H&R with shipped mace mass keeps the early toms off, then sometimes the azzie will go straight FF with me but that doesnt tend to work out well for him because i still have map control when its said and done, so id say making some jags and backing them with the maces and take out the forward hut is good because the iro probably isnt going all out rush (well, i dont anyway, once those maces come in its over for the raiding and the azzie colonial > iro colonial imo, but if he is gonna all-out rush you, mace+jag owns him with coyote if hes going into aenna), then take out any outlieing buildings you can find while FF'ing.

imo coyotes are strong units, they seem to have less of the pathfinding issue and there can be more of them to swarm LI, so make lots of coyotes with he hits fortress theyll poon early prowlers and mantlets but WATCH out for the cuirs, they are game-winners, you may want to ship or make some pumas in colonial or some eagle knights in fortress if you can get them out fast enough. throw in some arrow knights and skull knights if you can for the warhuts. watch out for the warchief shot.

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

[This message has been edited by exc4libulz1022 (edited 01-15-2007 @ 09:20 PM).]

Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 12:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Thanks. I think I should've known, seeing as I used to play Iros, maybe it's just newness to Aztecs.
empireVeljanoski
Skirmisher
posted 01-23-07 07:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
if the battle keeps going to late ages and u survive with the aztecs i just use my healers on the firepit but not villagers because they still gather resources , and start making legendary skull knights because i personally think they are a REALLY good unit that owns heaps of other units.
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 01-23-07 09:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
They are, but you can't replace them fast enough to compete in a late game spamfest.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames