You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » economic theory shipment
Bottom
Topic Subject:economic theory shipment
IRP_m0f0
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 09:27 PM EDT (US)         
when should it be played when your civilization gets villager shipment thanks in advance for help gl when you play
AuthorReplies:
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 01-15-07 09:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I would never change a 3 Vil shipment for an Economic Theory one.

Even though it is an Age 1 card, I'd send it later in the game. I see it just like any good economic card (such as Refrigeration), but it takes an Age 1 spot.

As Russian you'd probably want a trickle card, while as Portugal saving your shipment might be a better idea.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 09:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Yeah.

Edit: by George Walkie beat meh!

[This message has been edited by George_III (edited 01-15-2007 @ 09:47 PM).]

IRP_m0f0
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 09:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
thanks guys
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 10:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
I used it a few times in Spain mirros, and I 'd like to say it's the reason I won.

As Russia I'll make it my first card usually, because although it doesn't pay off as quick as wood trickle, it surely makes a more significant difference relatively early in the game. Let's put it this way, if your against a rusher and you think that an early game battle will determine the game, stick with wood trickle. Otherwise, Economic theory > wood trickle.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-07 10:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Whats economic theory shipment..

BTW: when do russians get their trickle card? Like wat hc lvl.

kuzyk
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 00:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
the card upgrades stuff by 10%. so if you can send 5 vils or 10% early on, its better to send vils. if you had over 50 vils when you planning on sending it, then eco theory is better. so if you are 60 vils, it is basically sending 6 vils that take no pop space.

russia gets trickle at level 25.

Omnizero
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 03:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
I'll ship either economic theory of improved buildings as portugal. I cannot think of any other time when I'd send it early game

"Speedy Halberdiers just own things" ~TarsTarkas
XploSionS
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 03:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
i usualy send it around late colonial as french after you have fought off their rush and you have spare shipments due to the pressure being let off of you slightly, thats a gd time (usualy around 30 CdB(i only send it after 4 CdB))

eso name: _XploSionS__

===quit due to the many many whinge and whine topics===
Osheal
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 11:11 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
since it will add 10% to just about anything a vill can collect its basically like shipping 1 vill for every 10 vills based on max vills.
so if you have 10 vills max it is only shipping 1 vill. 30 vills is like shipping 3. 99 vills is like shipping 9.9 vills. so its a nice card but not anything special except that it can be shipped early so the effect has more time to accumulate. it would be more desirable than an age 1 mill card for 15% for sure but its no silver bullet for a oped eco.
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-07 11:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
It's a late, late game card. To be sent after you've send the 20-25% upgrade cards like Refrigeration or Textile Mill. And it's quite nice, since it affects everything, including fishing boat gathering rates.

It should never be a first card, though.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
zion_CDawg
Skirmisher
posted 01-17-07 12:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
I think in an ideal world the best situation to send it ever is as the 2nd card on a water map, play as Portuguese . 1st card would be schooners.

When I played as Ports it was often my first card. By the time you're going to fortress it comes close to 3 vills anyways. some may argue holding the shipment instead though... someone wanna ask Asgard or I_am_grunt what they do (since they are the top Port players now...)

Currently retired from AOE3... moved on to LOTRO... yeah an MMO... but a fun one!
Hockey fan for Life:
"I believe the Canucks of Vancouver are formidable warriors." -Teal'c, Stargate SG-1
IRP_m0f0
Skirmisher
posted 01-17-07 11:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
thanks for the help gl guys
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames