You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » 25minute Imperial Age, full map control...
Bottom
Topic Subject:25minute Imperial Age, full map control...
OpenWar
Skirmisher
posted 01-17-07 05:00 PM EDT (US)         
The Game

I played this game last night. I started out raiding and killing many of his villagers with my 10 musketeers but then something weird happened. After defeating all my musketeers, he walled off the ENTIRE map. I was walled into a corner and was left with only about 1/3 of the map to me. After this...he did an AMAZING boom and amassed 99 villagers within about 15 minutes. Then he got to the Imperial Age within 25 minutes. He came at me at about 30 minutes with a fully upgraded Imperial army with me still stuck in the Industrial Age. I was obviously having trouble with my economy because the entire map was cut off from me and without the map I had no gold or food.

So the moral of this story is:
Don't let your opponents wall up the entire map. He had it all walled by about the 10 minute mark....

But the fact he got an Imperial Age time in under 25 minutes astounded me.

I usually hit Imperial around 40 minutes IF the game has gone on that long (which I try to avoid).

My AoE3 Stats
My Warchiefs Stats
Games currently playing:
Age of Empires 3 (and The Warchiefs)
Proud author of the Comprehensive Guide- The Basics of Age of Empires III guide!
AuthorReplies:
pookcur
Skirmisher
posted 01-18-07 11:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Most good players will age up to level 5 within 20 to 22 minutes. They will have 2 factories going within 24 minutes and Imper Germs by 25 minutes. By 26 minutes they will have 30 vills, 3,000 coin and meat, 500 wood. At 28 minute they will spawn out instant Imper. Germs. at will. I usually play 3 v 3 nr 30 nb on large great plains and we own the map at 30 minutes. When we rush I have 30 Imper. germs with 1080 hitpoints. Most season players will be age 5 in 20 minutes, the fastest I've ever done it was 21 minutes and 19 seconds.
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 01-18-07 11:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
@pookcur: this isn't about a treaty game

@OpenWar: Brit can boom enormously well if let alone. You should have tried to get through the wall I guess. If you let him build such a wall it's your fault you're lost.

LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 01-18-07 12:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
25 min imperial age isnt impressive, try aging at 15 while making units to defend! gogo dutch boat boom

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Earl Samsca
Skirmisher
posted 01-18-07 12:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
To be honest you should have been kind of.. suspicious about a 7 minute colonial time.
Captain_Malavir
Skirmisher
posted 01-18-07 02:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
yes, if you let him build walls, after raiding... and why didn't you defeat him? if you were raiding with musks, you should have rushed his base...
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 01-20-07 01:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       

Quote:

Most good players will age up to level 5 within 20 to 22 minutes. They will have 2 factories going within 24 minutes and Imper Germs by 25 minutes. By 26 minutes they will have 30 vills, 3,000 coin and meat, 500 wood.

what are you kidding me? ive played maybe like 5 treaty games, but by 26 mins im probably at vil cap or close....30 vils?

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

mastermuir
Skirmisher
posted 01-20-07 03:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
i used to play alot of of nr matches pre expansion pak with brits i could get blockade in 21mins or less if my opponents aren't good
RedStripe
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 10:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
LoL, your funny. I can age 5 by 12:29. Check out my topic "Ottoman Imperial in 14 Mins"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames