Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Port counter rush
Bottom
Topic Subject:Port counter rush
Abnpaladin
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 01:35 PM EDT (US)         
How can port counter a rush well? I am not too effective till fortress age and need a way to defend vs. rushers.
AuthorReplies:
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 01:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I haven't played prots, but I'll try to help.

Send CM/IB first card, and put both TCs near each other. They should damage the rush and hopefully allow you to get to fortress no problem.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
sandman666
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 01:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
if u ff vs a rush put the tcs near each other.
if u boat boom then put it near the coast ship 8 xbows and train xbows. with the help tc fire u should be able to kill the rush. only boom from 1 dock vs a rush
use muskets instead of xbows vs rods
vs iro rush put it near ur other tc or u will lose it for sure. well mostly u lose it anyway vs iro fast rush it's really gay.
crazykid
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 02:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
yeah i normally put my age up TC next to the first and send the "minuteman card" card as the first card. I sometimes send the cheaper towers card as a second card while aging up and as a third send 8 bowman card and build some more bowman. That's a pretty good defense for the base but I just got back into the ports and im only a master srgnt.

EDIT: my idea is only if hes attacking heavily in colonial. You dont want to get stuck back in colonial too much if he fakes a rush and ffs.

[This message has been edited by crazykid (edited 01-27-2007 @ 02:50 PM).]

Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 11:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
If there is water set the second tc as close as water as possible, send schooners and start a water boom, as soon as you can send either 700 gold (if you planing on reaching fortress) or 2 caravels if the rush is fast.

You might lose your first TC but there is no way they are going to touch your second tc as the caravels will put a halt to any rush that dosnt include abus guns.

Beren Erchamion
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 01:28 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
If you send CM and gather enough so you can call out the

larger shipment (or both) u can call it out and hopefully trap

his army between the militia and destroy it. or follow him

while he retreats. kills his FB if he has one. go back to

gathering. if u still expect another attack gather enough for

CM from other tc. you won't be able FF but u will have a god amount of vils.

many ppl make the mistake of sending colonial militia but not keeping enough resources stock piled for it.

on some maps setting up tc in a hidden location and moving vils once u have enough to ff. (keep 5 or so at 1st base)

then you can age up safely and when the game. - don't risk setting tc up far away against civs that age up fast.

Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 01-28-07 07:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Beren, you shouldn't put a blank rule between every half sentence. It makes your post read like a poem.
crazykid
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 10:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Well, maybe he justs likes to think that everything he writes is music to our ears jk
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 04:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
The only difficult thing about repelling rushes as Ports is the lack of food. You really need to herd early or get lucky in order to acquire enough food to make use of both TC's and remain steady economically. Most civs beat rushes when their economy surpasses the enemies, but this is more difficult for a Port player IMO because you have less villagers and a very food dependent economy.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 04:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
IMO ports should always FF. On water add a nice fishboom.

Once in age3 get mams, boom and spam some cassas+goons as defense.

Then simply outboom your opponent....

PS: CM as rush defense.

Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 06:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Biggest problem is that if you want your second TC to even get built against a fast rush you will need to age up with around 12 vills, thats barely enough for constant vill production from your 2 tcs let alone try to make an army for defense, and keep in mind if you want to get any good out of CM you will have around 10 vills idle..... >_<
sandman666
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 09:01 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
ports are not weak in age2.
they can perfectly pump musks/xbow from 1 rax + using 8 xbows/ 6 musks as first shipment while booming from 2 tc's if u use ur saved 1st shipment on food/wood crates as 2nd colonial shipment instead of wasting it on stuff like CM and IB.
but it's better to FF with them anyway.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames