Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » NR40 ECO Question
Bottom
Topic Subject:NR40 ECO Question
jampotbicks
Skirmisher
posted 06-10-08 12:06 PM EDT (US)         
When in a nr40 game when there is water, how many fishing ships should I have and how many villies.
AuthorReplies:
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-10-08 12:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Uh, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 99/99...unless you're playing Germany or India where you have to leave a little room for the free Uhlans and/or villies.

Fishing boats: at least enough to fill up all the available whales, maybe not exactly 99 because once you run out of fish you'll have to start deleting boats, and its a waste of wood. so maybe 65 boats.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 06-10-08 12:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
99 Vills/All whales covered/lotsa boats for fish, then delete the extra boats on fish. They will make up their cost in the food they gather (I think)

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
jampotbicks
Skirmisher
posted 06-10-08 02:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
"Uh, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 99/99"
So I only have a 2 pop army?
NerVe_Viper
Age Sanctuary Admin
(id: FeaR_VipeR)
posted 06-10-08 02:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
By the time treaty ends, with 99 vills/99 fb's, you'll have a few hundred thousand resources. You could then afford to delete most/all of your fishing boats.

AoE3 Heaven cherub
AgeSanctuary administrator
NerVe Clan member
StevoPhilo
Skirmisher
posted 06-10-08 04:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I'd say get more settlers than fishing boats. Fishes only provide with little meat whereas whales provide unlimited gold.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-10-08 09:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
You do want to have a good fishing fleet, if only to fish them all up before your enemy can build HIS fleet. But again, trading maybe 10,000 food on the water for the 2500-3500 wood it takes to build an aggressive fishing fleet (not includeing whalers) especially early in treaty is difficult.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames