You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Treaty Discussions

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Treaty Discussions » british nr 40 help plz im a noob =)
Bottom
Topic Subject:british nr 40 help plz im a noob =)
last dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 06-15-07 06:47 PM EDT (US)         
does anyone have any good turtle starts for british such as units and stuff i usually play on lrg g plains 3v3's all help is greatly appreciated ty

oh and i have the warchiefs ty again

[This message has been edited by last dragoon (edited 06-15-2007 @ 06:52 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 06-15-07 07:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
RiPP
Skirmisher
posted 06-16-07 07:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
MusketKing
Skirmisher
posted 06-16-07 08:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
I find it funnier he spelt COUGH wrong every single time.

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 06-16-07 09:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
And, by the way, there's no reason you'd want to turtle in a NR 40 game. The idea of turtling is spending resources in defensive structures and a defensive playstyle while building up your economy... In a NR 40, at least in the first 40 minutes, just building up your economy is enough.

I don't play them, but the basic idea is:

- Get as much Settlers (99) and as much economic upgrades as fast as you can.
- Get as much unit upgrades you can, but have in mind the few units you are going to spam. In British's case it's probably Imperial Redcoats, Imperial Longbowmen and maybe Imperial Life Guard Hussars - always having artillery in mind.
- You don't need military shipments, and even Settler shipments/Resource shipments may be ignored unless you want them to age up faster.
- Remember you might be Blockaded, so try to send your best cards before that happens. Two factories included.
- Spam Walls. Lots of.

Also, ignore everything about sandwichs. I've tried before and they aren't really that effective.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 06-16-07 10:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
lol walker ^

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
last dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 06-16-07 12:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
ty vm walker i knew most of that well all that mostly and ty i will spam more walls now ty vm ur the only one actually heling instead of posting looooooooool over and over again lol
Jer_IV
Skirmisher
posted 06-17-07 12:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Play nr45 instead. But anyways when I play british I follow this very basic build order.

Discovery, all vills on food, build houses with what you got from crates, create 1, maybe 2 vills then age up.

Colonial send most vills to wood and spam Manors. You should have around 45 vills, once you are at its limit gather resources like normal and keep spewing vills.
Make walls, you should have 2 vills building a wall throughout the whole game. Build a church and research the wall improvement.

Fortress put up your fort, put up another TC and make a whole bunch of vills maybe 70 or so.

Industrial finish making your vills, send your factory card, still make walls.Research the training upgrades at the church.

Imperial put up your capital research Spies if it won't deplete all your coin (if you do this use redcoats for awhile) and research the food and coin gathering improvements. Build 4 barracks, 4 stable, and 4 artillery foundrys. Fully upgrade Hussars, Musketeers, and Grenadiers. If the enemy is a cav masser, hussars are fine cause of the 10% Royal Guard upgrade. also you can use Musketeers if you switch them to had combat. First battle mix in a few of them all, if they have all infantry use Grenadiers and Musketeers.

Just be smart and use unit counters. Dont forget the improvements at the Mill, Market and Plantation. Build an Arsenal and research anything that involves Musketeers, Grenadiers, and hussars.

And I have no experience turtling with British but im pretty sure you wall urself in and use longbowmen behind the wall. And you will need the colonial militia card.
Threesnrocks
Skirmisher
posted 06-17-07 04:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
What could you possibly do in nr 45 that you couldn't do in nr 40? And who really needs a BO for nr 40? It's straightforward yawnage, doesn't adding a BO make it even more boring, as it removes the possibility that you'll make an exiting mistake?

ESO: 3snrocks

Quote of the Day: Experts opinions can't be taken as valid, because they arn't legitimate.
steve09
Skirmisher
posted 06-17-07 06:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
might as well do a nr 3 days if your gonna waste time doing nr 45...

quoted from jafit talking smack about ender in regards to the abus nerf: "He's probably in a fetal position on the floor holding an action figure abus gun."
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 06-17-07 06:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
It seems like there'd be so much waiting in a NR game that long, maybe a 20 min treaty game, but beyond that is wasting a lot of time IMO.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames