You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Treaty Discussions

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Treaty Discussions » My Sweet Sweet Sheep....bahhhhhhhhh
Bottom
Topic Subject:My Sweet Sweet Sheep....bahhhhhhhhh
armyballer
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-07 10:11 AM EDT (US)         
Ok, I'm playing a 3v3 NR 40 game right, the battle has been going on for about 15 mins with no clear winner. I decide to try something rather cheap and send 20 Uhlan up the trade route to find a weak spot. About 1/2 way up the trade route I hit a wall, a wall of Baaaaaaaaaa. Sheep, this guy has blocked the trade route with sheep. Oh, it gets better; so I start beating on the walls right (as his ballista towers are pummeling me, 3 on each side) so I decide to cut and run. Nope, that’s not going to work either, one of his team mates has moved in another flock to block my escape, he then brings in about 20 muskets and proceeds to snipe my cav to its grave. I have seen the trade route be blocked before but never seen this elaborate “trap” method. We ended up getting to their eco but not via trade route. Just thought I’d share this, it was pretty funny and at the same time pretty sad.
AuthorReplies:
SmashNBash
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-07 10:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
yea sheep is the only way to block otherwise vulnerable entrances created by not being able to wall up over trade routes.

Lolocausts are fun.
scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-07 10:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
i really dont see how turtling to this extent in a game can be enjoyable.
I had this happen to me recently where my 2 foes just walled and towered. It really puts me off the game and i think it took me 5 days to have any desire to play again.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-21-07 11:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
baller that is so retardedly awesome...I wish u had gotten a screenshot of the sheepacade across the trade route.

reminds me of one of the scenarios in the AOM campaign where you hae to guard a long winding trail from a bunch of anubite guys and u can't build walls across it, but you can effectively block it off with buildings...I just made several barricades of random high-hp buildings at several points...it took them long enough to burn through the bldgs I won.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Zongo
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-07 11:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
haha, sheep r OP

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."
windrider
Skirmisher
(id: frankle)
posted 06-21-07 04:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
ever heard of mortars, then converting the sheep?

"There is one quite often recalled, attributed to several sources, which was given following Jackson's extraordinary performance on September 13, 1847. it is a comment that could have applied to so many, an extraordinary generation of American soldiers: 'He will be heard from again.'" - Jeff Shaara
SmashNBash
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-07 04:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
hey frankle, have you ever been in said situation?

let me put it in perspective.
IR I.............................VILLIES AND ECO
IA I.............................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ID I
IE I.........maxrange or mortars
I I
IR I
IO I
IU I
IT I
IE I___________________________
I
L_____________________________ENTRANCE

MORTARS
OOOO

YOUR MORATRS WONT GET THERE.

Lolocausts are fun.
windrider
Skirmisher
(id: frankle)
posted 06-21-07 08:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
then move your army. I personally don't have experience in this type of game, but my general tactical opinion tells me that if you move the mortars forward with a meatshield, you can blast the wall around it and convert the sheep. once this is done, you can spam units into the hole and proceed to crush their army and fire shots at their eco. what brings up a need to take the trade route? If they were intelligent, they would have walled that off too. And you know what the best solution is? Annoy ES about getting us some gates over trade routes.

"There is one quite often recalled, attributed to several sources, which was given following Jackson's extraordinary performance on September 13, 1847. it is a comment that could have applied to so many, an extraordinary generation of American soldiers: 'He will be heard from again.'" - Jeff Shaara
Ben Smith
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-07 10:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
HAHA.

Sheep > Uhlan.
RiPP
Skirmisher
posted 06-22-07 01:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Theres a simple saloution. Dont play treaty youll get really really fat from all the sandwitches. But if u isist on playing them then id say. Attack a different part of the wall. Theres more places to attack it rather then just where the sheep and towers are. And just 20 uhlans that would have been killed me a single tc if they even made it there.
brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 06-22-07 04:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Can't you just...delete kill the sheep...
last dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 06-25-07 01:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
brandizzle they werent his he would have to gain contorl of them which would be impossible cos there so op lol

ESO:Zackinator
Currently playing: TAD
Currently using: Russia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames