You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Treaty Discussions

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Treaty Discussions » Ottoman NR Games Totally GONE?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ottoman NR Games Totally GONE?
SahintheFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 06-17-07 06:48 PM EDT (US)         
Back in AoE3 1.04 (more than a year ago) I always played Ottoman no rush 30 games. Even after jans got nerfed. I found that janissaries + GB were almost always irresistible. You may not believe it, but FU janissaries could push anyone into submission, given the resources. You'd simply use the most noobish battle strategy: keep sending those 500-hp monsters into the enemy until the enemy is obliterated, supplemented by some cannons. I'm serious. Skirms could not stop janissaries because the skirms would have to retreat. The enemy's back would soon be against the wall. Only a sharp cavalry raid could bring down the Ottoman juggernaut.

Does this still happen? I have not seen anyone play Ottoman treaty games since... Fall 2006?

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!

[This message has been edited by SahintheFalcon (edited 06-17-2007 @ 06:49 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
nunly_the_insane
Skirmisher
posted 06-18-07 04:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I used to play some Otto NR games early on, but now I have learned some of the other civs are much easier to boom with.

I see them every now and again though, and it does sem they are fading out. Usually some really noob guys will do it, but not to often.

the only thing we have to fear is fear itself, that and a freaking longbow rush in early colnial.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames