Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Treaty Discussions » Sioux in treaty
Bottom
Topic Subject:Sioux in treaty
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 09-04-07 05:39 PM EDT (US)         
First of all, when did this discussion room come about? Just noticed it today as i was scrolling down to the saloon.

I can already hear the chants about how "noobie" the forums going to get with a treaty discussion, and i cant really agree with that. thought id just say that.

Ok. First of all, Why no one plays the Sioux?

No walls

No economy late game

While all very and too true, there ARE some interesting and amazing things overlooked

2 Vill train time cards (-15%,-25%)

Ability to train villagers from native embassies

That can lead to a total of six vills training at a time (3 TCs + 3 Embassies) and those six vills coming out every seven seconds with the firepit. (probably even faster)

Now it seems the only problem is getting the food to do this!

Mostly I use 1 TC and 3 Embassies on TP-able maps and (of course) 3 tcs on non tp maps. I normally dont send medecine, but adoption.

Of course, all this is pretty useless if you don't have a partner to wall you up, so sioux seems only an option under such circumstances.

Why even use sioux late game?

-Have the power of Opris in raiding
-Have Cost effective units
-Teepee spamming is effective for holding the line as well as pushing it
-More fun to play than OP French and Russia (opinion)

Well, that was mostly a breakdown of things for sioux.. i just wanted a reason to post something in the new discussion room, so there you go!

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
AuthorReplies:
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-12-07 01:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Cool beans. I like playing Sioux in treaty 20+ games because it makes people go, "Huh?"

Couple questions...

What's your average treaty Sioux deck look like? Aside from the obvious things like Adoption and trickle card, what are the essentials?

Which politicians do you use for aging up? It seems like going to age 2 you would want the 400 wood, but when you go to age 3 which is more important, 800 wood for 3 embassies or another TC, or 1000 food for 10 vills right out of the gates, or even a pile of bison and huntables bonus? I usually go to age 3 with 1000 food and save the wood for going to imperial when I need it for upgrades.

Sioux have rather narrow but beneficial support cards for specific units. If you have only 4 slots open for support cards, which are your 4 picks? I've seen 2 Kettle Support + Wind runner / Nakota Support + Onikare, but I like to have a moderate bonus for a diverse army than focus all my upgrade cards on one or two types of units. Say, one each for AR, Wakina, and RR or Tashunke, and either Wind Runner or Marauders.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 09-14-07 09:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
1.my treaty deck? you can look at it thru ESO, my nicknames the same as my forum name

2.in this order:
II Fast
III buffalo if not using native embassies/Food if i am
IV buffalo if using ebassy (only available in age IV)/food or wood (might save wood for imp for upgrades n stuff)

3.I have maurauders, all three cav hp/attck cards, 14 wakina+ 20% health, onikarre, Mustangs, And some native upgrades. on a good day ill also have the RR one and maybe the Axe one

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames