You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Treaty Discussions

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Treaty Discussions » Dutch and treaty 40 mins
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dutch and treaty 40 mins
jakelord
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 02:06 PM EDT (US)         
Can anyone tell me a good strategy to maintain a good economy after the 40 mins with minimum attention afterwards.

I usually have the 10 banks and 30 vills in 3 mills for food with all upgrades 10 vills in 1 plantation with all upgrades 5 vills on wood and 5 vills for building walls etc I usuall have the 2 factories on wood to maintain supply for millitary.

However I can never sustain an eco to support a campaign much longer than 20 to 30 mins after the treaty is over?
AuthorReplies:
Culverin
Skirmisher
(id: Robert_Squared)
posted 10-02-07 02:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
That's because Dutch are weak in treaty. Unless you can use the 150 pop and gain a huge advantage as soon as fighting starts, you're in trouble.

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate
FerraL
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 04:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Well, I don't know too much about the game, but i do know that dutch rule once they hit fortress, and you can't HI rush them due to skirms. There econs fade out as time goes on though. :S
They are like the atty in AoT.
Dutch are kinda useless in Treaty Games.

Thank God SCII finally has a release date but it so so damn far away...
ESO Name: AoTH_ZoOkEePeR

[This message has been edited by Ferral (edited 10-02-2007 @ 04:57 PM).]

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 05:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
If you havent won in 20-30 minutes after treaty, you did something wrong.

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

KenjiCXT
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 05:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Schildpad: Like getting matched up against a Port in treaty.

Seriously, the only civs worth using are the ports, russians, french, germans and possibly aztecs.

Spanish - Have an averagely bad lategame.
British - Gets owned easily by, for an example, the French and have no good lategame LI*. (LBows just dont do the job, according to me, and Rockets cant be spammed at a good pace.)
Dutch - Well...
Ottos - Their deck does not support many good eco upgrades.
Iroquois - Same as otto.
Sioux - What can I say? You'll be out of res in 10mins if not less, and well... Walls are usefull.

Q: How do I get veteran skirms as the dutch?
- you have to buy the upgrade in the the barracks lol it should be under the skimiser logo. -you have to be in age3 to get veteran and age 4 to get guard.
After realizing they get automatically upgraded:
- o right i play brits so i just guessed.....thats slighly embarrasing lol

"Ah, the wonderful smell of failure!" - George_III on a full-capslocked topic.
TheRomans
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-07 06:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I think the Spanish late game is seriously underrated IMO. Ports only have one more Eco tech that Spain doesn't, manor economica, but Spain has gold trickle.

Spain's unit selection is as big as that of France. Rods can beat Gendarmes, although not as well as before, and can use Lancers to beat Voltigeurs. Against russians, Imperial RG pikes can take down a fort pretty fast and are instant with team Archaic Training card+Fencing School, and lancers can easily own non combatant muskets trying to spam forts. Lancers+Skirms will almost always beat a combo of Cassadors+Dragoons in the open just because lancers are so good at surviving dragoon fire to kill Cassadores (who drop like flies).

Spain really only has three major drawbacks late game, lack of good skirm upgrades, lack of faster training artillery, and their inability to boom as fast as other civs.

As for Dutch I actually think ES_Sandy said it best, "Friend, you have a 50% larger army than them, go destroy their base instead of trying to compete economically."

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+

[This message has been edited by TheRomans (edited 10-02-2007 @ 06:14 PM).]

armyballer
Skirmisher
posted 10-09-07 06:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Don't listen to these people, Dutch DOES in fatc have one of the Strongest late game ECO's. How you ask? PLAY FISH MAPS!!! I guarantee if you play Carolina, Plymouth or any other GOLD producing fish map, you will have a damn good eco. Send "skooners" and the other other 2 fater fish cards. Below is what you should look to have.

10 Banks
10 on wood
40 on food
20-30 boats on gold.
Adjust your 2 factories depending on what your needing more of as the game goes on.

Below is a quick run down of how I do it.

1. Gather Crates, put ONLY 2-3 setters on hunts, put ALL the rest on WOOD.

2. Immediatly get up 2 docks. You should be sending "skooner" card just as you finish your 2nd dock.

3. Start pumping out boats. Age up when your 2-3 settlers have the required 800 food.

4. Send QuaterMaster for your age up politition.

5. After you hit age 3 you can now put a few more villagers on Food and continue to chop wood and make boats.

6. I don't start making banks till I'm ageing to age 3. Some will argue against this but remember, if your not able to fish boom (20-30 boats on gold) then your done. More than lickly others in the game will also be fish booming so your gola is to out boom them.

Hope this helps. Check my stats if you wish, my win % with Dutch is about 80%. I never play them on a land only map!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames