You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies, Closed
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » News Discussions » elorating.com to shut down
Bottom
Topic Subject:elorating.com to shut down
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-09 03:13 PM EDT (US)         
In what seems to have been a slow domino effect that began with ES itself, elorating.com, a prestigious website that keeps track of every player who has ever played online in AoE3, will be closing its doors soon.

As found from Age Sanctuary by James246;
Unfortunately I have some bad news for you... elorating will stop operation in the next month or so. The costs are much higher than the income through ads. The last months its getting even worse.

To make some facts: elorating.com eats up about 130 EUR per month. In contrast, the advertising earning has fallen to about 50 USD (about 35 EUR) per month since early last year. Neither plexiq nor me is playing age of empires any more, so we don't see any future for this project. Its not that we expect to get money out of it... but we are not willing to pay such a high bill for something we are not really interested in any more. Sorry.
The German site has provided statistical data as well as accurate rankings for tournaments for a number of years, following up the 'cutech' rankings before it.

Discussion|Original

Should you wish to help their cause, you may visit www.elorating.com to donate to the people who have put so much time into the game.

CookieCrisp13

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL

[This message has been edited by CookieCrisp13 (edited 04-27-2009 @ 03:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Det0n8ted
Skirmisher
posted 04-22-12 03:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I miss that site so bad. It was perfect and made AOE so much more fun.

Ottoman Powerzzz!
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 04-22-12 05:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
watch for the date (thread is ~3 years old)

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames