You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoE3H Mentor/Mentee Project and Training Academy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » AoE3H Mentor/Mentee Project and Training Academy » Need help against OTTO rushes.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Need help against OTTO rushes.
Shychick0007
Skirmisher
posted 12-04-10 08:58 PM EDT (US)         
Okay before i start i just want to say that i HATE jannasaries with a passion..

Ok normally against otto i use french or dutch.

French if i suspect a full jan rush, I age with 14, send 3 cdb shipment, age with 400 wood. During transition i send 8 to wood and get market upgrades (food and wood), I que 3 cdb to food, as soon as i ages i send 8xbow and build rax, pump xbow and pikes, just as my second as my second batch start build, he's in my base with jans, along with 3 hussar followed about 30 seconds.

As for dutch, i just cant seem to beat then as i try to focus and eco to much, there is no point telling me to build a wall, because i tried that, and it DOES NOT work, because by the time i build the wall i have the 3 hussar up my ***.

Please dont post stupid comments, however feel free to advide me please.
AuthorReplies:
tashnag
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-10 03:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
jan rush + 3 cav is definately the hardest rush to beat on vanilla, so dont go pounding your head against anything just yet. Most players when they go against an otto player they either play otto themselves or they even play spain, these two civs in my opinion are the strongest 1v1 civs in the game, generally speaking. Now, as a french player the key to your success is your cdb's, when you put a market up you also must get the vill hp upgrade from the market. This is essential for your victory. Now as he rushes you, assuming your cdb are near your tc but still in front of it, you have to continue having your cdbs gather res. and have your opponent target your cdbs while your xb shoot on the jans, if the cav come to pressure your xbs take out ur mm to protect them, and if your cdbs are taking too much heavy fire, then have them run, while you continue to mass xbs. i really wouldnt make more than 5 pike agianst this rush and concnetrate mainly on xbs. Its very hard for me to explain how i play, with my micro/macro skills. But you have to use your cdbs as a shield/wall while your army takes out his army. And if you can, as a cdb is about to die you can try to save him by garrisioning him having his army draw closer to yours, and then targetting a new cbd eventually. Against high elo players this doesnt work so well, but in 1v1s you dont tend to see otto players much. Hope that makes sense.
skhsri
Skirmisher
posted 01-16-11 08:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
To beat ottoman rushers all you need is 20 crossbows 10 pike men and some artillery (3-5 grenadiers)
To start off, send 1/2 of your villagers to Wood(Dont use shipments Here) then spam the houses.
Age2: send All the Resource shipments you have and then make crossbows at your base
Then, distract the Janissaries or cavalry with your Crossbows/pike and destroy their military building by ambushing.
This is how i beat many rushers.
I hope it helped.
Note: If you have the Distributivism card, use it it helps you get wood.
unknownstuff0417
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-11 05:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
is there a good video for this?
Capablanca23
Skirmisher
posted 03-01-11 12:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Is this on vanilla or one of the expansions?

Anyway the first guy who replied had some good advice for french. Chop some wood, get the market ups as your doing, but also get the vill hp. Also try building your barracks behind your TC so you have line of sight on their army before he does on yours, and you have the protection of TC fire, and possibility of MM. If he goes heavy on cavalry you could send the 2 towers shipment, heavy on jans then send the wood crates and mass xbows.

For dutch manage your res during transition to build one bank asap, then use hit and run skirms, and send 3 hussar or MM against his 3 hussar.

Try using your light infantry in two groups, so he can never trap them all and you're constantly shooting.
bloodoats
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-11 05:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
At any decent level you need to use cav to raid back at the otto- if you stay in your base in defence mode you will be taken off resources, starved and beaten eventually-

make yr usual defence units and then make/send some cav

don't waste yr cav on fighting his main group- send it to his base and raid LIGHTLY ie don't lose any cav to tc fire this will mean he has to babysit abus across the map and leave some jans at his base thereby effectively boosting yr main armies effectiveness-

it's a tough mu for brits france and germany but it can be done

otto lamer with no skill

[This message has been edited by bloodoats (edited 03-14-2011 @ 05:41 AM).]

ruskovblack
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-11 11:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Whenever an Otto's player tries to join my game i boot them, takes the fun out of the game :/
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames