You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoE3H Mentor/Mentee Project and Training Academy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » AoE3H Mentor/Mentee Project and Training Academy » When to ff or stay colonial?
Bottom
Topic Subject:When to ff or stay colonial?
michael89
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-11 09:07 PM EDT (US)         
so if your going to ff you might as well try to get to fort as fast as you can just doing a nakid ff right?

in what case scenarios should you do a semi ff? vs an ff? a defensive colonial?

i dont get why in some guides by more experienced players even, they say to do something like (as german) a 5 uhlan semi-ff againts a russian rush?? how do you do that?

and another question i have, is what they heck do you do against a otto ff?? i read some other threads on this site and lots of people have seemed to suggest spain?

your thoughts?
AuthorReplies:
socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 03:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
You might try requesting this to be moved to General Discussions, it will receive much more attention there.

I'll still try to help here:

a) so if your going to ff you might as well try to get to fort as fast as you can just doing a nakid ff right?

It depends on what you want to accomplish before you reach Fortress. Sometimes making a few units first can provide the defense you need to stay alive until Fortress shipments provide necessary reinforcement. A naked FF involves [in most civs' cases]: getting 300 gold during age up, shipping 700 gold, then gathering the food needed. This is intended to reach Fortress ASAP, with neglect for any opponent's strategies.

b) in what case scenarios should you do a semi ff? vs an ff? a defensive colonial?

A Semi-FF is good for when you'd like to FF, but you know your opponent will likely attack, so you make a few units [more than a few usually] to defend. Example: if you see your opponent making a stable, you could do a semi-ff by first making a barracks, building 10 pikemen, then proceeding to age up to Fortress. Usually, if your opponent is in Fortress, you should cease all production, and catch up with their age.

c) dont get why in some guides by more experienced players even, they say to do something like (as german) a 5 uhlan semi-ff againts a russian rush?? how do you do that?

A 5 uhlan semi-ff consists of making a stable during age 2, making 5 uhlans, then getting ready to go to age 3. This is different then not making any units at all.

Simple abridged BO:
-Age up with 17 total population of vils. Age up with 400 wood
-During age up, aim to collect 1500 gold and 1450 food. These amounts provide for 5 uhlans, then enough to age to Fortress. You might want to build a few vils in Colonial. If you do, just add a bit of more food into collection.
-Upon entering Age 2, build a stable and 2 houses with the wood. Produce 5 Uhlans. Try to keep them alive as they are your only army until Fortress.

This Semi FF takes longer than a 'naked' FF, but give more protection against a Russian rush. German Uhlans are good to help kill any Strelets invading your base.

d)and another question i have, is what they heck do you do against a otto ff?? i read some other threads on this site and lots of people have seemed to suggest spain?

Spain FF>Otto FF. Tiers suggest Spain can beat Otto consistently, which is true.

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"

[This message has been edited by socrstar (edited 08-14-2011 @ 03:03 PM).]

Enzoo
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-11 05:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
lol wha tare u writing here. he ask when to go ff or not. and to know that u need tons of experience not some storys who come from a noob.
socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-11 11:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
If you would actually read the whole thread instead of just the topic like an ignorant moron, then you might realize that I copy-pasted his questions and answered them individually.

And I would watch your mouth because I don't see you making any improvements to my posts, or attempting to help for that matter.

Grow up.

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames