You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum
Moderated by LordKivlov

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.78 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » New age of empires!!!!!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:New age of empires!!!!!!!!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
IlDio1234
Skirmisher
posted 04-10-07 10:48 PM EDT (US)         
this is from an ASK SANDY just posted today:

13) If an Age of Empires was made that repeated Age of Empires 1 time period, would you consider it a step backwards?
A – Age of Empires was released 10 years ago. I think the world might, by now, be ready for another strategy game based in ancient times.

Here are some other questions that have to do with the next project:

27) Is the modern soldier in the collector’s edition an indication that the next Age of Empires game will be based in the 20th century?
A – well one logical progression would be from Age 3 to a 20th century game. The artists wanted to pique people’s interest and in case we go back to the ancient times again it won’t be the end of the world.

16) For Age of Empires IV (if there is another one), would you want to step forward to WWI or step backwards?
A – much as I love reading about WWI, I doubt strongly that anyone would want to play a game based on it.

7) Is ES capable of designing 2 entirely different games at the same time
A – we’re doing it right now, and neither team seems to show signs of stress. This is a first for ES by the way.

4) Are you excited about the project? when it might be announced?
A – I am very excited about the project. It might turn out to be the most fun project I’ve done since HYPERSPEED (my last most-fun project, though sadly not terrific sales). I have no idea when it will be announced.

[This message has been edited by IlDio1234 (edited 04-10-2007 @ 11:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Aowpr the Great
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 07:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 78       
Cool! Where do I find the Ask Sandy website? Can I have a link please? I'd like to read that too.

Noli nothis permiterre te terrere.
Don't let the bastards wear you down.
Legioona
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 07:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 78       
Well, I for one have been waiting for new good RTS game about the ancient times ever since they released AoE1. I certainly give this project my full blessings.

Aowpr the Great: Ask Sandy thread can be found from the age-community forums at here.

Putting the "sensual" back in "nonconsensual" since 2006.

[This message has been edited by Legioona (edited 04-11-2007 @ 07:46 AM).]

Aowpr the Great
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 07:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 78       
I give my blessings to *ANY* ES game; I don't think they've messed up yet. Well, maybe once *coughs*Halo Wars*coughs*. Frankly, I don't care what time period it's in. Sure, it would be nice to play the best WWI/WWII/Modern game in the market, but ancient times are exciting as well. I sure hope this wasn't an April Fool's joke by Sandy. :-) By the way, anyone have a link to this "Ask Sandy" place?

MusketKing
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 08:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 78       
I'd prefer a step back to be honest.
When I get Age of Empires I always expect to be playing cool Empires of the past rather than cool Empires(?) from 100 years ago.
A step back to swords and shields would be a nice change for me.

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 08:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 78       
Well seeing that they are developing Halo Wars (RTS), and there's another game in the works that's most probably going to be a MMORPG (maybe MMORTS?!). And since Halo Wars isn't set in the ancient times, I guess the MMORPG will?

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
Aowpr the Great
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 09:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 78       
Which is the MMORPG?

IlDio1234
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 10:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 78       
massive multiplayer online role playing game......the link for the thread is here m8 :

http://forum.agecommunity.com/ibb/posts.aspx?postID=459349&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=2

[This message has been edited by IlDio1234 (edited 04-11-2007 @ 10:16 AM).]

Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 04-11-07 10:47 AM EDT (US)     8 / 78       
Good find! I really hope they make an AoM or AoE remake.

★★★★★
IlDio1234
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 11:15 AM EDT (US)     9 / 78       
thx ;-) ....i agree....i am surprised, i thought this forum would be populare but i can see that people care more about nerfing the French in the next patch than seeing any new detail on Ensembles new project.....

[This message has been edited by IlDio1234 (edited 04-11-2007 @ 11:16 AM).]

Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 04-11-07 11:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 78       
To be honest, I stopped checking the Ask Sandy threads once I realised that all the questions were based on balance! Well hopefully we'll have more people asking dearest Sandy about the mysterious second project

★★★★★
IlDio1234
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 01:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 78       
yeah...i'll post if somethin new comes up
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 02:47 PM EDT (US)     12 / 78       
It's much to early in the generation to create a game about WW1 or WW2, at least wait another half century or so. It's part of respecting those involved or who had a first hand experience in either event. It's similar to how Americans would never want a game to revolve around the current affairs in the middle east and 9/11.

I look forward to what ever they put out as their next PC RTS, I'm sure they'll go in the right direction no matter what. It's certainly nice to know that they have already begun at least brainstorming and creating ideas for the next installment. Hopefully we'll see it around or before the Fall of 2009.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
IlDio1234
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 03:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 78       
The Dawn of Man Expansion is an unofficial expansion pack that is currently under construction for Age of Empires and Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome. It is being constructed by members of Tribulation Designs, an Age of Empires design team.

The project began when Rasteve (link to AoEH needed) announced that he had discovered a method by which additional ages could be unlocked inside AoE’s Interfac.drs file. Since then, a large number of members of the AoE community have jumped aboard the project.

i found this on wikipedia!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Empires_series

I copy and pasted all the info and put it on the ASK SANDY thread to see what his reaction would be.

[This message has been edited by IlDio1234 (edited 04-11-2007 @ 03:10 PM).]

NATron
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 04:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 78       
If they came out with these 2 new games, would they also make it so that you have to pay to play multiplayer for Age Of Empires 3? If so, when do they expect to release these games?
windrider
Skirmisher
(id: frankle)
posted 04-11-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 78       
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Head pops off and into a trash can*
My kind of luck.

It could be either aoe4, remake of aoe1 or aoe2, or a completely new game.

Remake AOE original -- The first game to be recreated logically if remakes were being done

Remake AOE 2 -- Not a logical place to start

AOE 4 -- Not a popular time period for many gamers (I believe)

AOE 5 -- Not a logical next step

AOM 2/AOM Remake -- Sandy said at some point that it is more likely that they will make another Age of Empires Game

Most Likely: AOE Original Remake !!!!!!!!!!!

"There is one quite often recalled, attributed to several sources, which was given following Jackson's extraordinary performance on September 13, 1847. it is a comment that could have applied to so many, an extraordinary generation of American soldiers: 'He will be heard from again.'" - Jeff Shaara
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 04-11-07 04:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 78       
I think ya'll are reading too much into what Sandy is saying.
MusketKing
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 04:41 PM EDT (US)     17 / 78       
Trust Thunder to put a dark cloud over everything :P.

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
Olauwers
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 04:58 PM EDT (US)     18 / 78       
Thunder, if you don't want the people to read too much in what Sandy says, then please explain to us what is going on out there. We don't know what is going on in your little cramped offices The only thing we can do is take what Sandy says and speculate about it.
egel
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 05:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 78       
I sincerely hope this is true. But as Thunder says, we could be reading too much into it. Or he could be trying to throw us of the scent.

Check here

Ceres 629's strategy guides

Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire.

0 A.D
Lord Tahattus
Supreme Emperor
posted 04-11-07 05:15 PM EDT (US)     20 / 78       
I hope it's a AOM2. This game could nicely replace AOE1.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
windrider
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 06:04 PM EDT (US)     21 / 78       
I think ya'll are reading too much into what Sandy is saying.

Leave it to thunder to try and fool us. *shakes fist at Thunder* Sandy made it too obvious. Be nice, Thunder. Pretty please.

"There is one quite often recalled, attributed to several sources, which was given following Jackson's extraordinary performance on September 13, 1847. it is a comment that could have applied to so many, an extraordinary generation of American soldiers: 'He will be heard from again.'" - Jeff Shaara
Typhoon19
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 06:35 PM EDT (US)     22 / 78       
STEP BACK
Compa_Mighty
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 06:49 PM EDT (US)     23 / 78       
I don't think it's AoE 4... it might be the MMORPG for which they've been hiring for several years now...

I also remember a comment from either Sandy or Bruce Shelley (last year) that said the next RTS wouldn't be AoE 4... unfortunately I don't have the source, so I might just be mixing things up.

Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AoM.
Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro to do The Hobbit!
Chichén Itzá is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!
windrider
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 07:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 78       
Sandy said this. He said it was more likely they would remake another game than do AOE 4, but was more likely they would do AOE 4 than start another series.

Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-07 10:09 PM EDT (US)     25 / 78       
I personally hope they don't make another ancient themed game yet, because it'd combat 0 A.D. directly.

I'd rather another AOM or WW1/WW2 game. Just as long as the series never goes past the 1940s...

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames