You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » How can i edit skrimish default maps? (Age Of Empire 3)
Bottom
Topic Subject:How can i edit skrimish default maps? (Age Of Empire 3)
Atro
Skirmisher
posted 03-04-19 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Hi
Can i edit skrimish default maps? i can do it?
So first, i can edit only "..\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario" maps with ".age3scn" format.
But the skrimish maps have ".xs" and ".xml". But editor cant open this files. it can open only ".age3scn".
So how can i do it?
(So i moved ".xs" file to "..\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario" and "..\My Games\Age of Empires 3\RM" and i changed format to ".age3scn" but the map dont show in skrimish or costum map or editor
How can i do it?
Tnx for help)
AuthorReplies:
murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-19 09:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Hey there,

You can load a map by generating 'new map' and clicking on a random map script, or you copy RMS from Program Files Age of Empires III RMS3 to My Documents My Games Age of Empires III RMS3 (RM3), then edit with notepad or notepad++.

I have made several contributions to the map column so be sure to check them out. They don't tell how to change maps, but they do modify starting units and resources, and number trade posts.
Atro
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-19 01:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Ohh good, i try to open new map. It is good for start this change
so i want know:
1- How can i change script other map to target map?
exp: i make NEW ATRO map and copy this to RM in my dacument.
And i copy one script file to this map. I change script in this way:

so this map saveing is ".age3scn" but i need ".xs" format. i try to change format to ".xs" but map dont play.
Anyway now i can open this map in custom scenario but no skrimish model. other players (aotomaticly) dont move.

2- How can i find SILVER MINE and workers siz (i wanna more make workers but it stop otomaticly)
(i can only make 25 worker but i need more. and one silver mine have 2000 gol. i want change to more gold exp 100000 gold i can?)

tnx for answer me

[This message has been edited by Atro (edited 03-05-2019 @ 03:02 PM).]

murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 03-06-19 06:14 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
The .xml file is the name header, not the map itself.

I don't know exactly how to convert .scn to .rms except that you can export text in the scenario editor.
Atro
Skirmisher
posted 03-06-19 07:03 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Tnx u good helped me. i will try to make skrimish map in costum mode
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames