Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.33 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » New Mythic Gods
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Mythic Gods
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 03-07-03 05:59 AM EDT (US)         
Hi guys. I noticed that two mythic age minor gods can only be worshipped by civs: Zeus-Hera and Loki-Hel. Hephaestus and Tyr however can be worshipped by all Greek resp Norse civs.
Well, I don't know about you, but I get fed up with Fenris wolves and Collosi every now and then. So how about creating some new mythic gods? Here are my ideas; the Norse one isn't complete yet. Please tell me what you think, I need some more suggestions here!

Greek:Helios (Poseidon, instead of Hephaestus)
God of the sun. Helios made the sun rise and set by riding the sky in his flaming chariot each day. He is an ancient and powerful deity, often overlooked in favor of zeus. Helios was worshipped by the Minoans.
God Power: Scorched Earth
This GP triggers a huge blast of sunlight to burst through the clouds and kill or severely hurt all units in the area. It affects a limited area; target an enemy army or villie group for maximum effect. Merely scorches the paint of enemy buildings.
Myth unit: Gryphon (400F, 25Fv)
Hack Attack: 30
Hack Armor: 50%
Pierce Armor: 40%
HP: 500
Special: travels through air, fights on ground
Speed: 4.00, 6.00 while airborne
The Gryphon, a panther-like creature with the head, wings and talons of an eagle, is a great, heavy raiding unit. It travels through the air, making it vulnerable only to ranged units, but has to land in order to attack. It can accompany your cavalry hordes to wipe out opposing spearmen and prodromii, and a few Gryphons together with Pegasi make a fearsome raiding party.
Improvements:
Chariots of the Sun (500W, 25Fv)
Cavalry +20% speed
Golden Armor (400G, 20Fv)
Human units +10% Hack armor
Heliotrope Fields (300G, 15Fv)
Farmers work 15% faster
Sacred Bulls (350F, 20Fv)
Favor can be bought and sold at the market

Egyptian:Amon (Set, instead of Horus)
God of the storms and hidden things. Amon or Amun was worshipped at Thebes and was upper god of Egypt for a long period of time, before merging with Ra to become the supreme being Amon-Ra.
God Power: Temple of Storms
Creates the ominous Temple of Storms, a highly decorated temple-like building with a prominent obelisk atop of it, surrounded by black clouds and lighting. You can only train Set's animals from this temple; faster and cheaper than from the Pharaoh. Secondly, it serves as a powerful defensive tool; the obelisk atop the temple shoots bolts of lightning (weaker than the SoO's). The Temple of Storms can be invoked anywhere in your LOS.
Myth unit: Basilisk (250F, 35 Fv)
Hack Attack: 20
Hack Armor: 60%
Pierce Armor: 40%
HP: 550
Special: ignites any human unit with its killing glance. Reloads in 20 seconds.
Speed: 6.00
The Basilisk or Cockatrice is the horrid offspring of a rooster and a serpent. It looks like a large, bipedal lizard with ostrich feathers and a dragon lizard's head. The basilisk's glance was supposed to be so deadly that plants withered, birds fell from the sky and even the most pure-hearted warrior perished. This fast unit is a supreme unit killer, with the upgrade it can "zap" a human unit into oblivion every 12 seconds.
Improvements:
The Evil Eye (450G, 35Fv)
Upgrades your Basilisks to Viper Basilisks, which have 750 HP and a special that reloads in 12 secs.
Second Sight (300W, 20Fv)
All relics on the map become visible to you
Shrines of Luxor (500F, 25Fv)
Infantry and animals train 33% faster
Arrow Storm (300G, 15 Fv)
Chariot Archers and Slingers +15% attack

Norse:Uller (Odin, instead of Tyr)
God of death, the winter, hunting, archery, ice-skating and whatnot. Sometimes considered the most important god after Odin. A comparatively jovial character in Norse mythology, Uller (or Holler, or Ull) had to spend half of each year in Niflheim at Hel's side, causing winter to reign supreme.
God Power: Bifrost (?)
Creates a huge, frozen rainbow from Asgard (heaven) to Midgard (earth), which provides free Hero units from the land of the Gods (Hersir, Jarls, possibly myth units like Einherjar and Valkyrie). Can be destroyed by enemy units.
Myth unit: Ice Drake (400W, 30Fv)
Hack Attack: 25
Crush Attack: 25
Hack Armor: 80%
Pierce Armor: 60%
HP: 800
Special: Fires a cloud of icicles from its mouth, which do 6 x 30 pierce damage at 8 range, piercing several units in front of it
Speed: 4.80
The Ice Drake is a medium-sized dragonlike creature with small wings and a long tail. It is covered with blue-greenish scales and attacks by biting with its fearsome teeth. The Ice Drake adds extra oomph to your melee attacks - it can keep up with your Hill Fort units and kill off counterinfantry.
Improvements:
The Eyes of Midgard (300F, 10 Fv)
Odin's ravens have 90%, 90%, 99% armor, have more LOS and are faster
Winter Robes (400F, 10 Fv)
Huskarls, Jarls and Hersir +10% Hack armor, +10% Pierce armor
Odin's Chosen (25Fv)
Causes the Bifrost GP to yield Heroes faster

[This message has been edited by SilentScreams (edited 03-09-2003 @ 04:19 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-07-03 06:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33       
About Helios there is a slight problem. Helios was a major god although he wasn't in the 12 Gods. When the three major gods splited the earth they gave Hades the underworld, Poseidon the seas and Zeus what has left. But when Helios came the three gods argued for they forgot to give Helios his part. Then Helios announced: Keep what you have, just give me Rodos (Rhodes) and i will be satisfied. So be it.

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
Viking Guy
Skirmisher
posted 03-07-03 11:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 33       
Good ideas but I think that the Scorhced Earth GP should damage buildings down to about 1/4 their Hp. And units only half.

There is no Emoticon that could express my Fury!
Rex_Imperator
Skirmisher
posted 03-07-03 03:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 33       
The temple of storms could also provide extra favor like a bomus monuement.You could also train extra animals there like prehistoric creatures returned from the dead to serve set

I DONT SUFFER FROM INSANITY!!!!!
I enjoy it!!!
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-03 02:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 33       
Haven't you heard what i said? I said Helios is a major god and cannot be in that list. Find another one.

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-03 02:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 33       
Diex-Osiris is a major god of the Egyptians, and he was left to the Mythic Age. Hera was one of the 5 Great Olympians and she can only be chosen in the Mythic Age. Why not Helios? That makes him all the more powerful a god choice. What do the major gods get? They don't get MUs, they don't get Myth Technologies (except for Hades and Isis, free gold and food).

The path of the damned is to walk alone for all eternity
/IPhear the Phang!I\
IIII/.......................\IIII
IIII.........................IIII
\II.........................II/
\I
.........................I/
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-03 02:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33       
Helios was not in Olympus, not in the 12 Gods. And ES is right. Hera was not major goddess. She was Zeus's wife.

WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-03 02:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 33       
Diex-You are missing my other point. Osiris is one of the major gods of the Egyptians. Tyr is a Major god of the Norse. Baldr is a major god of the Norse. Hera may be Zeus's wife, but she was born of Kronos and Rhea, just like Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, and (Hestia?). 5 Great Olympians refers to the first 5 'gods' after the titans.

/IPhear the Phang!I\
\I
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 03-08-03 06:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 33       
Diex_Aye> well, I suppose being a minor god is better than not being represented in the game at all, how's that for you?

Viking Guy> I'd compare the Scorched Earth GP to a small neutron bomb - primarily targeted against units. If you want to destroy your opponent's army or economy, go Helios and cast SE; if you want half his base gone, go Artemis and cast Earthquake.

[This message has been edited by SilentScreams (edited 03-08-2003 @ 06:13 PM).]

Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-09-03 06:50 AM EDT (US)     9 / 33       
Helios existed before no problem in that. Let me remember the 5 gods. Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hera, Hestia, yes you are correct. Anyway Helios can be major god and make a mix of new minor gods for him.

WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-09-03 04:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 33       
I have an honest question for you, Diex. Was Helios another fellow titan along with Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, etc.? Or was he another divine being that existed with Gaia and Oranos?

Another interesting debate is actually about Aphrodite. I use the legend that Aphrodite was created from the foam of the sea when Kronos castrated his father, Oranos. If so, this would make Aphrodite the oldest of the Olympians, even older than Hades, Poseidon, Hestia, Hera, and Zeus. Interesting thought, huh?

Maybe in the X-pack, instead of having a new civ ES might tack on new Major gods for the existing civs. The only problem is that the game will not have as much diversity then. It might actually better the game if there was a new civ (it would be more fresh and updated).

/IPhear the Phang!I\
\I
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-10-03 11:23 AM EDT (US)     11 / 33       
The gods were titans if you think it. Anyway Helios was exactly like Prometheus, Epimitheus etc. but later he became the god of sun?!?(i am still confused). Aphrodite is mystery in what she is. She was born by blood of ZEUS fell into the sea. That makes her daughter of Zeus(i think i m gonna ask for her hand from Zeus, if he won't be mad at me).

WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-10-03 10:42 PM EDT (US)     12 / 33       
Diex-Because I know every account of the myths I read stated that Aphrodite was created when the severed genitals of Oranos were tossed into the sea (and I read a lot of Greek myths )
Maybe Apollo was only a lieutenant to Helios? I know Apollo is in charge of driving the Chariot of the Sun across the sky every day.

/IPhear the Phang!I\
\I
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-03 02:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 33       
No Helios is doing this job. Apollo is the god of music, light etc. He was also the Mafia of the 12s.

WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-03 05:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 33       
Diex-It also seems more often than not, Mythologists are basically assuming Helios and Apollo are one in the same (I know that's not true). That is why Apollo is always depicted as the sun god.

LOL, mafia 12s! That's pretty funny, especially after reading the Iliad where Apollo rains down arrows on Agamemnon's army. I could could just imagine a new series done on that "Yeah, I'm Phoebus f**king Apollo. You got a problem with that?"

/IPhear the Phang!I\
\I
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-03 05:47 PM EDT (US)     15 / 33       
The 12 Gods had also their bad sides. They are not the god of Bible which is perfect and merciful. For example: Apollo was the "Italian Mafia" while Hermes was something like "Hudson Hawk"(you have seen it don't you?). Aphrodite was the prom queen and in all this we have a continously drunk Dionysus and a cripple Hephaestus. I'm telling you Olympus was worse Livanese Cabaret and with all the Nymphs and Satyrs around there is no arguement of why the gods didn't hear the weep of the people.

WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-03 06:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 33       
I think Aphrodite's more like the play 'Oklahoma'. *in singing voice* I'm just a girl who can't say 'no'...*end singing voice*.

Poseidon was a whiney crybaby when he lost Athens. I swear the only decent ones on Olympus (and one isn't on Olympus) are: Artemis, Athena, Hades, and maybe Demeter. Heck, i'd be pretty peeved off too if Hades abducted my kid.

But to tell you the truth, God in the Bible has his bad days as well. Like, when he finally got mad at the world and flooded it for 40 days and 40 nights,....Or the time he totally demolished Sodom and Gomorrah,....Or the time when he cast the plagues of Egypt and used the Angel of Death as a plague...He's one big bad when he wants to be. Everybody has those days where they get out of bed and want to go back to sleep, punch the wall, rain sulfur down on an unsuspecting city, you get the picture.

/IPhear the Phang!I\
\I
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-03 06:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 33       
That is the god that more than 30% of the world worshipps today? The creator of earth and heaven caused numerous genocides. Well Sodom and Gommorah would be destroyed anyway for the people have reached barbarity equal to the Hunnic (maybe more).

WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-03 10:32 PM EDT (US)     18 / 33       
Actually Diex, more than half of the world worships him. It breaks up into 2 Billion Christians, 1.5 Billion Islams, and 15 Million Jews. It's just a bit more than half the population.

He only lost his temper 3 times. How many times is Poseidon depicted as losing his? Once every 3 minutes?

The reason being: The first time he wanted to start over. People were greedy, evil, conceited, basically bad and not very deserving of the phrase "Created in His image". So, he flooded the world.

The second time (I believe) was Egypt. Pharoah supposedly kept the Hebrew peoples oppressed and basically brought it down on himself. He had an ultimatum: "Let my people go, or I will plague Egypt". That turned out well, wouldn't you say?

The Third time was Soddom and Gomorrah. They were two cities that gambled, prostituted, and practiced Bestiality (sex with animals). God put up a challenge to even find ONE good person in those two cities. None were found, and so he rained down his wrath.

The next time that he destroys the world is depicted in Revelations (sort of the Christian equivalent of Ragnarok). It is the Apocalypse and it will be brought in by seven angels (according to Revelations). But all in all, he's not a bad God. He doesn't demand human sacrifice, and he gives you free will (for now). You get to make your own decisions, believe in what you want, and live your life without having to worry about getting struck by a thunderbolt from a short-tempered deity.

/IPhear the Phang!I\
\I
Phat Fox
Skirmisher
posted 03-12-03 09:46 AM EDT (US)     19 / 33       
Tha is a good idea for Norse They need someone eles besides Tyr. Uller Sounds cool plus the Gp and the myth unit sounds cool.
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-12-03 01:47 PM EDT (US)     20 / 33       
And they say Christianity lacks of imagination. Poseidon anyway lost his temper 2 times. One when he lost Athens and cought off the water and after that when he lost Argos and flouded the roads. Anyway he was satisfied at last with Naples.

PS = below

Quote:

I noticed that two mythic age minor gods can only be worshipped by civs: Zeus-Hera and Loki-Hel. Hephaestus and Tyr however can be worshipped by all Greek resp Norse civs.

And after....

Quote:

Greek:Helios (Poseidon, instead of Hephaestus)

Why should you replace a minor god. Why don't you just allow Helios to be worshipped by Poseidon only along with Hephaestus (or is this what you mean?).

PHAT_Boy
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-03 00:12 AM EDT (US)     21 / 33       
Helios should be a Mythic god because he was not of the olympian gods race. He was the sun He drove his chariot across the sky everyday not Apollo. He had a palace in the east and the west. You have it confused Apollo was the only one that could drive his chariot and thats all but he sometimes road it. Aphrodite rose out of the sea when Zeus defeated Cronus.

ESO - Kronik_69
Current Rating - 1600-1700
(Loki/Isis/Set/Odin Player)
Proud Member of the 69 Team of Kronik_69 and Bluntman69
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-03 04:45 AM EDT (US)     22 / 33       
Really i ve never heard that one before!!! The blood fell to the sea and gave birth to Aphrodite was from Zeus and that makes Aphrodite daughter of Zeus.

Phat Fox
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-03 10:07 AM EDT (US)     23 / 33       
Well you could be right but I have already red lots of different versions of that actually many stories have about 3-5 versions.
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-03 10:45 AM EDT (US)     24 / 33       
Oh gods, when i said i ve never heard that one before it was hirony. And i am not might be right, i am right.

[This message has been edited by Diex_Aye (edited 03-15-2003 @ 10:46 AM).]

SaveroK
Skirmisher
posted 04-03-03 11:12 AM EDT (US)     25 / 33       
How cool, good work
---
However, tone down the ice dragon.
How would you kill a unit with 800hp 80% hack armor, an AWESOME special attack, and who's faster than a hersir, as Norse? It would take 2.5 as much time to kill an ice dragon than a mountain giant.
Reconsider that :P.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames