Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Gifts from the Gods
Bottom
Topic Subject:Gifts from the Gods
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
this is what i think would be a greayt new feature to the xpack: Gifts from the Gods.

about those god gifts: this is what I thought they should look like: every god you worship( including major gods) give you a devine gift, which is related to them or the culture they belong to.

The Greeks: would get a object send from the gods. many greek gods and godesses were pictured with unique objects related to that god or goddess, like poseidon's trident or hephaistus' hammer. and so on. whenever you worship a minor god the object will be created at your temple for no costs. only heroes can wield it and use it's powers. every heroe can carry only one object. the objects have special powers ehich can be used once twice or more, depending. whenever used, the devine object would have to recharge at a temple to be used again.
the Egyptians: the Egyptians get special beasts. they can aid you in battle, economy etc. the animal is related to the worshipped god, and it helps the god with it's special task: Bast is the goddess of fertility and protection and villagers so she gets a friendly Tiger of Firtility that can aid you in hunting and brings his prey to your granary. set worshippers get 2 of each kind. they can also have special abilities such as Sekhmet's Lionness of Warfare, which can inflict serious damage to other units by hitting and stabbing eveery enmy it see's. heroes have no bonus damage to them and they respawn when killed in 2 minutes. they die permanently however when they have used all their special attck points. an example of an economy beat is the Shark of Protection, which protects your fishing boats with a grand bite and helps your food supplies by fishing at very quick rate. and so on.....

the Norse:
the Norse get special recources from their gods such as mithril or electrum. they can use these recources at their special devine blacksmith to create special weapons for their soldiers. you can use the recource only for 1 thing. for example: from thor you get mithril. when you build a devin blacksmith you can see an icon for the recource. when you click the recource you will see 3 options: improve pierce armor, improve hack armor, improve weapons. if you click IMPROVE PIERCE ARMOR you will see the icons of all your soldiers. you must then choose one and then it will be improved. so goes also for IMPROVE HACK ARMOR and IMPROVE WEAPONS.

so what about it.???????????? I can post more detailes if anyone is interested.

AuthorReplies:
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-24-03 08:56 AM EDT (US)     26 / 34       
Does anyone have a idea for GIFTS from the GODS for other civs? like chineze aztecs sumerians or anythin? please post them.
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-24-03 08:58 AM EDT (US)     27 / 34       
It has to have a special theme like Beasts of the Egyptian and Recources for the Norse.
MiNdWaRp
Skirmisher
posted 03-24-03 10:20 PM EDT (US)     28 / 34       
Um, just wondering, but isn't that basically what the relics do?
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-25-03 04:07 AM EDT (US)     29 / 34       
no except for the Three Monkeys and the Golden Lions you dont get any units. and you don't get any special objects and though some give bonusses to soldiers, these would be way more effective and controlable. this is way different.
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-26-03 06:02 PM EDT (US)     30 / 34       
Yo aomok i got to tll you somethin'. You really have an ideas about the X-pack! Your reallyan active member of the forums! You always seem to have great ideas. Maybe just maybe you MIGHT become a cherub.... good job!
Yohan Hoogland
Skirmisher
posted 03-27-03 03:30 AM EDT (US)     31 / 34       
well the aztecs needed captives right? for sacrificing at the temple for there gods. so maby you should have a tech that allows your units to take the opponents units as captives to your city. it has to happen when they are almost dead. i mean when they have just 1/5 of there hp left. the opponent loses there los.

btw: great post and very nice ideas

aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-27-03 08:24 AM EDT (US)     32 / 34       
for the aztecs I'm trying to figure out some way for them to use the fact that their cultur is based on nature. I think it would perhaps be a nice thing for their GOD GIFTS to aid their villagers or something: with special farmes: chinampa, the island farm, feathers of the eagle, to aid them with their hunting skills. in that way the aztecs would have a very strong economy. this should help them cos I think that they would have somewhat lesser soldiers then the other cultures. I think also about giving them devine warriors:
Warrior of the spotted Jaguar.
Gavial of the deep River
Warrior King of the giant Otter

these soldiers would have special attacks and can be assigned to an economical objective, such as aiding the hunt or improving the goldmines. I need some help here though.

To Flames: thanks about that I have good ideas and so. I have a small question: what's a cherub. I'm Dutch. I can spek english but I don't know all the words.

to Yohan Hoogland: I thought I was about the only Dutch person here.

BTW: will you please read my little post on naval battle somewhere halfway the list and tell me what you think?

Yohan Hoogland
Skirmisher
posted 04-02-03 04:25 AM EDT (US)     33 / 34       
to aomok: i thought that too...

about gift of gods for the aztecs, maybe you should ask compa or Zalpacuiztli, they know about everything of the aztecs.

but that warrior/gatherer unit was a good idea, and it reminds me of that campaign with those two dwarf heroes who can gather recources and fight units...

Glock_Glock
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-03 03:14 PM EDT (US)     34 / 34       
LOL
did ES steal this title for their mini campaign...hehehe :P
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames