You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.295 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » The 8 Civs! (UnConfirmed but 90% Likely)
Bottom
Topic Subject:The 8 Civs! (UnConfirmed but 90% Likely)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
nifty_PS2MAN
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 05:56 AM EDT (US)         
The CIVS AS I Beleive it Stands, Gathered From all Tidbits of Info found on sites, Concept Art, Etc.

British, French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Portugeiuse , Italians , Japanise.

Reasons for the Civ's

British French + Spanished = Confirmed.

Portugeuse + German = Flags Seen. Portugaul Also Played an Important part in the new world, in collonising South america.

Japanise = Concept Art. + Coz That Japnise empire dood, Japan were once a world power like Britan in this time period. Conquered everything and was influenctial untill the peral harbor incident.

Italians = The Paypaycey, Cant have an Age Game Without it. So this is basicly 110% confirmation to a certain extent.

Dutch = Unconfirmed with no evidence, But People Are Talking Far and Wide that the Netherlands / Dutch will be in the game.

What do you Think?

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.

[This message has been edited by nifty_PS2MAN (edited 01-27-2005 @ 08:15 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
tw0 str0ke
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:06 AM EDT (US)     1 / 295       
British
French
Spanish
German
Portcagol
Ottomans
Russians
Italians or dutch

No japanese (they had nothing to do with the new world)
No poland, thats just wrong...

"]["w0 str0ke, First non mod post on AOE3H
Death Corp Clan Website Join the leigon of the dead today...
Ikki
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 295       
No way..

germany, poland, italy and japan.. and at the same time leaving out russia, portugal and the kalmar union.

http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/7/78/Skandinavism.jpg

If the Kalmar union is unclear.

Liberals are destroying the world!
LOL AIDS LOL

[This message has been edited by Ikki (edited 01-27-2005 @ 06:09 AM).]

Theris264
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 295       
Please, have a look here and here first.
About the civs, you are probably wrong:
Confirmed:
British/French/Spanish
Flags in screenshots:
Germans/Dutch
Also likely because of historical reasons:
Portugese/Swedish
Likely because of concept art:
Venetians/Japanese/Portugese

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
nifty_PS2MAN
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:22 AM EDT (US)     4 / 295       
I thought the Portugeuse were the polish?

As i meant the Portugeuse. Japan will be in at least due to the fact they were a world power in this time period.

Russia has no influence in the new world.

PS2MAN

Ikki
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:34 AM EDT (US)     5 / 295       
Is that ignorance or trolling??

Russia no influence and japan a power. HAH!!!!

Russia had the entire pacific coast uptill california (and a bit of california), add in hawai for good measure.

Japan had no clue how to build ships, were kept low by overpopulation and resulting resource shortage. Add in a ultra conservative goverment form of faceless emperors and petty local feudal lords more intrested in their own wealth than anything else.
Heck, they had to kill all the samurai to just do basic military reform...

Or poland, now where do we start on that... oh dear the ignorance! :shakes head:

LOL AIDS LOL
The Fenris Wolf
Banned
posted 01-27-05 07:55 AM EDT (US)     6 / 295       
How many threads made by idiots do we need before they realize that no one knows, and that their guessing is really crappy from a historical basis, and that their choices don't fit the frame selected by ES.

Quote:

Polish + German = Flags Seen.

I haven't seen any.

Quote:

Japanise = Concept Art. + Coz That Japnise empire dood, Japan were once a world power like Britan in this time period. Conquered everything and was influenctial untill the peral harbor incident.

It's about the new world, japan was not in the new world, dood.

Quote:

Italians = The Paypaycey, Cant have an Age Game Without it. So this is basicly 110% confirmation to a certain extent.

How the f is that a 110% confirmation?

Quote:

Ottomans

sorry game not about war in europe

Quote:

Japan will be in at least due to the fact they were a world power in this time period.

Not in america, and i really wouldn't call them a world power, either.

Quote:

Russia has no influence in the new world.

Yeah, but the japanese sure had more!

[This message has been edited by The Fenris Wolf (edited 01-27-2005 @ 08:01 AM).]

nifty_PS2MAN
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 08:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 295       
Your Saying then they WONT Include the Paypacey?

PS2MAN

Shusky
Skirmisher
(id: Silver Husky)
posted 01-27-05 09:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 295       
Why the hell would anyone include the Papacy? Not exactly a colonial empire.

Although there was a Jesuit country in South America for about ten years. Now, that would own

Ikki
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 09:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 295       

Quote:

Although there was a Jesuit country in South America for about ten years. Now, that would own

In addition to all those dominicans setting up their own independent cohabitations with indians they wanted to protect.. besides, werent there a lot more than just one jesuit nation?
Or was that the only bigger one (patagonia or plata if memory serves)..

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesuits

So in brazil/paraguay. And it was several

LOL AIDS LOL

[This message has been edited by Ikki (edited 01-27-2005 @ 09:36 AM).]

Arcanjo TM
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 10:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 295       
My guess...
British
French
Spanish
German - Prussia (because screenshot)
Portugal (because screenshot and colonial power in that time)
Dutch (because colonial merchant power in that time)
Russia (because Alaska)
another nation. Maybe Sweden, but even more probably Denmark (due Greenland).

Japanese, Ottomans, Polish & Italians hadn't anything to do with the New World.

[This message has been edited by Arcanjo TM (edited 01-27-2005 @ 11:57 AM).]

petard_rusher
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 10:44 AM EDT (US)     11 / 295       
Germany and Italy werent countries till after AOE3s time period, and none of the German states (including Prussia) had any influence in the new world. Japan also doesnt belong at all, they were trying to get rid of colonizers, not colonize others.
Alonzo
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 01:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 295       
The only thing germans did was to emmigrate to america, not to establish a colony there..
Sorry if I am wrong but I think I've read that on wikipedia.org

Alonzo

Ikki
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 01:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 295       
One thing worth noting.

The spy- interview told us about a specific mission where you blow a pass in the rockies to keep the enemy from crossing over..

I wonder who that would be
Sounds like russia almost confirmed there.. unless its someone else operating near that mountain range.. but who would need stopping then?

LOL AIDS LOL
Kushik_Khan
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 01:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 295       
I have to agree with many here, I can't see the Japanese being one of the civilizations.

Kyan Mehwulfe, the Red-axe Lynx
Snowtracker of the Nes'Gwenth Mountains

http://www3.telus.net/public/mehwulfe/
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 01:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 295       

Quote:

Japan were once a world power like Britan in this time period.

Explain please, I haven't seen Japanese in Africa, neither in America... only Asia, and that doesn't make it a world power...

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 01-27-05 01:39 PM EDT (US)     16 / 295       
^ And why not? After Japan defeated Russia in the war it immediately gained the status of a world power. Why don't you read up on it? Do you think that just because you haven't conquered Africa, you're not a world power? Japan's eastern empire was huge, and its role in later wars like WWII was enormous. Japan has been a world power ever since its moderation in its 1800s until the end of WWII.
Shusky
Skirmisher
(id: Silver Husky)
posted 01-27-05 01:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 295       
Well, it's too bad WWII is like 100 years off Ao3's time frame, isn't it? And Japan was completely isolated until 1853.

Ottomans were a world power too. And so were the Moghuls. During 16th and 17th century, countries like Sweden or Poland had very strong military and cool units. But they all had nothing to do with the New World, which kinda eliminates them.

petard_rusher
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 02:22 PM EDT (US)     18 / 295       

Quoted from Gaurdian_112:

After Japan defeated Russia in the war it immediately gained the status of a world power. Why don't you read up on it?

Maybe you should read up on it considering the Russo-Japanesse war was in 1903 IIRC, in AOE3s time period Japan isolated itself from the rest of the world and was technologically backwards, putting them in AOE3 would not make sense unless they are mercanaries which makes even less sense...

Ikki
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 02:44 PM EDT (US)     19 / 295       

Quote:

^ And why not? After Japan defeated Russia in the war it immediately gained the status of a world power. Why don't you read up on it? Do you think that just because you haven't conquered Africa, you're not a world power? Japan's eastern empire was huge, and its role in later wars like WWII was enormous. Japan has been a world power ever since its moderation in its 1800s until the end of WWII.

You also forget a few other details about that war.

Russia, despite defeated, dictated the terms of the peace. Thats practically unheard of.
Secondly the defeat wasnt because japan was great, it was because russia had very few soldiers there.. yet had a ratio of more japs killed for each russian. Also russia was forced to withdraw due to internal political problems... when another 300.000 soldiers were being sent there, and japan was broke.

Despite, it was a monumental achievement for such a primitive society as japans. And it was in 1880 that the reforms started.. and it was by KILLING ALL THE SAMURAI!!!!!, so you guys forget those samurai. Please!

Besides both 1905 and 1880 are both quite beyond the end of the game in 1850. As are the 1870s of italy and germany...

LOL AIDS LOL
tw0 str0ke
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 04:29 PM EDT (US)     20 / 295       
HAHAHA MUAHAHA,
looks like me and black_knight did a good job at turning u all againts japan, common seriously japan? they didnt have a clue. tsk tsk tsk

"]["w0 str0ke, First non mod post on AOE3H
Death Corp Clan Website Join the leigon of the dead today...
Zargax
Skirmisher
(id: Overlord Zargax)
posted 01-27-05 05:44 PM EDT (US)     21 / 295       
Also, Japan or Italy didn't colonise the New World, so that reduces the possibility of their becoming a civ. I'm not saying they won't, this is just speculation.

I'd go with Spain, Britain, France, Holland/The Netherlands, Portugal as definite, and Russia, Scandinavia, maybe Germany as possibles.

lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:11 PM EDT (US)     22 / 295       
The Japanese empire only really became huge in the 1930's and the first half of the 1940's. Before that, they only had Korea, Taiwan and some other little islands in the area. Nothing special.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
Lord_Morningstar
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:29 PM EDT (US)     23 / 295       
When deciding if a culture is going to be an AoEIII civ, there is a simple question to ask:

Did it have colonies in the Americas from 1500 to 1850s?

English: yes
French: yes
Spanish: yes
Portuguese: yes
Dutch: yes
Swedish: yes
Danish: yes (just)
Russians: yes (although I wouldnít necessarily bet on them as, to the best of my knowledge, they didnít really get tangled up with the other nations)
Prussia: To the best of my knowledge, no
Holy Roman Empire: Iím not sure
Japan: no
China: no
Poland: no
Italy: no
Ottoman Empire: no
Wallachia: no
Hungary: no
Kingdom of Naples and Sicily: no
Algeria: no
India: no

Possibly, the question is could they have had colonies in the New World from 1500 to 1850s, but it looks like thereís at least 8 solid civs already there.

DeaconRien
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 06:37 PM EDT (US)     24 / 295       
I am beginning to believe that the Papacy is going to be one of the civs in the game,

Though people say they did not colonize (which is true) the papacy sent missionaries all over the new world to convert and spread its power.

There have been numerous documents that the Vatican hired Mercenaries to either A: protect their interest abroad or B: Force conversion on the people of interest.

Also,, someone here (if I remember) noticed a unit that resembled the Swiss Guard.

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

phantom_rider
Skirmisher
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 01-27-05 07:45 PM EDT (US)     25 / 295       
"Hey I just played a game where I totally pwned the church. I was France and used my knights and cannons to kill all the monks and take their land.

You should see the record of it!"

I wouldn't place my bet on the Vatican.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames