You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.295 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » The 8 Civs! (UnConfirmed but 90% Likely)
Bottom
Topic Subject:The 8 Civs! (UnConfirmed but 90% Likely)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12  Next Page »
nifty_PS2MAN
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-05 05:56 AM EDT (US)         
The CIVS AS I Beleive it Stands, Gathered From all Tidbits of Info found on sites, Concept Art, Etc.

British, French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Portugeiuse , Italians , Japanise.

Reasons for the Civ's

British French + Spanished = Confirmed.

Portugeuse + German = Flags Seen. Portugaul Also Played an Important part in the new world, in collonising South america.

Japanise = Concept Art. + Coz That Japnise empire dood, Japan were once a world power like Britan in this time period. Conquered everything and was influenctial untill the peral harbor incident.

Italians = The Paypaycey, Cant have an Age Game Without it. So this is basicly 110% confirmation to a certain extent.

Dutch = Unconfirmed with no evidence, But People Are Talking Far and Wide that the Netherlands / Dutch will be in the game.

What do you Think?

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.

[This message has been edited by nifty_PS2MAN (edited 01-27-2005 @ 08:15 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Ketch
Skirmisher
(id: Swordsworn)
posted 02-14-05 03:41 PM EDT (US)     226 / 295       
Japan?? Need I remind you that ES has spesifically said that there would be only European countrys and last time I checked Japan was in Asia NOT Europe. Heck Ireland or Scotland are both more likely than Japan.

{|Ketch|}
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Ben Franklin
Alonzo
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-05 03:56 PM EDT (US)     227 / 295       
Barberousse, you said ES is doing the game for fun and will have prussia.. But not Swedes/Danes? I just can't see why the prussians were more important than Sweden, the Swedish were a major power of that time. (OK Prussia were a mighty one too but read in some historical books or something like wikipedia.org).
And having Japanese in this game will NOT destroy gameplay, I think it would be fun (although the history don't want Japan in).

And about Scotland....
The main character is from Scotland, right?
So why not?

P.S You don't have to be angry because people post things here. It is a forum and if you don't like it, don't read the posts.

[This message has been edited by Alonzo (edited 02-14-2005 @ 04:02 PM).]

Billman
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-05 05:01 PM EDT (US)     228 / 295       

Quote:

And about Scotland....
The main character is from Scotland, right?
So why not?

I agree, they made an attempt at colonising, so I don't see why not.

I would really love to see is a branching system for Great Britain.

You either start off as England - with their capital being London, or you can Start off as Scotland.

You would then progress as your chosen England or Scotland nation until you get to the age where there is the act of union. You would now continue as Great Britain. later on you could get the chance to break away to another nation - USA.

[This message has been edited by Billman (edited 02-14-2005 @ 05:02 PM).]

Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 02-14-05 05:52 PM EDT (US)     229 / 295       

Quote:

It is a forum and if you don't like it, don't read the posts.

How can you know whether or not you'll like a post before you've read it?

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-05 05:56 PM EDT (US)     230 / 295       
LOL, very witty

A lot older, though no wiser.
Mechstra
Banned
posted 02-14-05 06:03 PM EDT (US)     231 / 295       

Quote:

I agree, they made an attempt at colonising, so I don't see why not.

I would really love to see is a branching system for Great Britain.

You either start off as England - with their capital being London, or you can Start off as Scotland.

You would then progress as your chosen England or Scotland nation until you get to the age where there is the act of union. You would now continue as Great Britain. later on you could get the chance to break away to another nation - USA.

Union of the crowns of Scotland and England: 1603
Union of the parliaments of Scotland and England: 1707

Even though the parliaments were separate, both countries were ruled by the same monarch. So in more or less the entire relevant time period, 'Britain' is the best term to use for this civ. In fact, ES has confirmed that Britain will be in the game. Not England. Not England and Scotland. So cease thy prattle on this subject!

w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-05 06:13 PM EDT (US)     232 / 295       
lol, yeah. Mind you, the Jochs hated being under English rule, and the English hated having a Scorrish king. Especially one who was the son of the infamous Mary Queen of Scots, thoughts pigs were going to kill him, and that water would melt his eyes.

James I was a paranoid freak, but apparently very intelligent.

Billman
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-05 07:02 PM EDT (US)     233 / 295       

Quote:

Even though the parliaments were separate, both countries were ruled by the same monarch. So in more or less the entire relevant time period, 'Britain' is the best term to use for this civ. In fact, ES has confirmed that Britain will be in the game. Not England. Not England and Scotland. So cease thy prattle on this subject!

I really had the 16th century in mind, as this is the start of AOE3.

I just thought it would be interesting to play as the Scots, as they had a pretty unique army in the 1500's.

Oh, the confines of the 'age of exploration' theme! lol

/thinks about the possiblities of having a British isles mod featuring battles with the English, Scottish and Irish...

/ceases prattling

rondp1120
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 10:43 AM EDT (US)     234 / 295       
oh i sound like an idiot, i mean Christopher Columbus, lol i have NO idea why i said marco polo. lmao.

btw i don't understand why "Mexico" would be in the game. Mexico wasn't even a nation or independent until their revolutionary war against Spain. Mexicans are conquered Aztecs crossed with Spainard blood. If you were to say "Mexico" as one of the civs you might as well just add "United States" as one of them too

w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 11:47 AM EDT (US)     235 / 295       
Yeah, that's a good point. I don't think we should bother with the US as a nation until the expansion pack, which I still think should be the ACW. That'd be awesome

For now, the European powers, the Aztecs/Inca & North American indians I think. Seems about right.

Alonzo
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 12:13 PM EDT (US)     236 / 295       
But I don't see it impossible to be a revoluionary nation in the revolutionary age.
I would love to be US or Mexico and fight some wars with them.
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 01:57 PM EDT (US)     237 / 295       
Yeah I know mate, I agree. I think in the exp. pack they will include the US, Mexico and some others, maybe even Canada? I'm not 100% on the history there, though, I mean when did they become a unified nation? But they'd have still been under British administration anyway, I suppose.

Psychotic_Knight
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 02:20 PM EDT (US)     238 / 295       
Canada is still part of the commonwealth but we gained our independency on July 1st 1867. But we didnt get truly unified til 1949 when Newfoundland and Labradour joined the Cnfederation. And as a whole we didnt play that big a role in North American history. Lol. Other then beating the Americans back in the war of 1812 and the Yukon Gold Rush. If there is an ex-pack coming I'd like to see more eastern countries. IE China, India, Japan, Korea etc.

In a mad world only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 02:26 PM EDT (US)     239 / 295       
Thanks for that info mate

And yeah, that'd be cool. They could make use of the US-Korean weapon improvement pact, where they sent them Gattling technology and so on.

The exp. pack could turn out to be very vast indeed. I mean, if they make it about the Civil War and stick these Asian civs in, it means a greatly improved & diverse game.

nifty_PS2MAN
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 02:30 PM EDT (US)     240 / 295       
*I am SHOCKED This Thread is Still HERE!!*

The Ex-pack will Most Definatly Focus on Napoelon.

I'd like to see anyone try and prove me wrong. This will also allow Most Europe to Become potential X-Pack Civ's.

If ES donest Focus the X-pack on Napoleon, then there's no X-pack

PS2MAN

Psychotic_Knight
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 02:31 PM EDT (US)     241 / 295       
@wootdaddy No problem man.

Yeah the ex-pack would be aboslutly huge. Africa perhaps? South East Asia would be sweet to go to. I'd like to see the transition in Asia from a Feudal system to upgraded 19th century tech. Samurias vs Muskets. Very sweet.

In a mad world only the mad are sane.
-Akira Kurosawa

[This message has been edited by Psychotic_Knight (edited 02-15-2005 @ 02:32 PM).]

w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 02:39 PM EDT (US)     242 / 295       
Yeah, totally. Personally, I'd rather see an American Civil War exp. pack (as I've said before, so I apologise) than Napoleon. I mean, sure, the French are cool in such games, but the same idea (huge army, dictator, etc.) has been done many times before. However, if we assume the Americans (whether they be 'Colonists' or the 'United States' or whatever) are in the original game somewhere, which I think they might be, then evolving them into the Union and Confederacy would be a nice tactic for the exp. pack. Add that with some asian civs (probably China & Japan due to immigration links and their work on the railway and stuff) and you have an awesome game expanded.

I really wouldn't be too keen on a Napoleon exp. pack. Sure, I'd play it. But it's not priority, for me at least.

Age of Empires II focused on the whole strong leaders/large armies concept of the series, and did so very well (hence the sales figures) but the new game will focus on new areas - most of which ES are keeping top-secret for the time being. Adding a exp. pack with Napoleon in would simply revert to a newer AOEII, which I wouldn't really want to see.

Sorry for a long post, but something I felt needed saying.

Thanks.

Lord_Morningstar
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 03:23 PM EDT (US)     243 / 295       

Quoted from nifty_PS2MAN:

The Ex-pack will Most Definatly Focus on Napoelon.

I’m not sure if you’re serious, but how, may I ask, will a colonization theme and Home City concept work if the game is set in Europe? Personally, my bey for the X-Pack is the Colonisation of the rest of the world (Asia, India, Africa, ect).

w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 03:31 PM EDT (US)     244 / 295       
Strange, that idea totally excaped my mind. It would be great to have the campaign move on to India and Africa somehow. I mean that was a great battlefield both commercially and militarially. You'd certainly have some good scraps between the French, British & Dutch in there.

I can't see them putting any native civs in that one though. India didn't gain independence 'till 1947 anyway.

But yeah, that's a great idea for an exp. pack - one which I'd never thought about before really. It would be a logical step as well, seen as India became the sole focus of British colonial interests after the loss of the American colonies.

nifty_PS2MAN
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 05:39 PM EDT (US)     245 / 295       
simple

the Expack will focus on the Expansion of the home cities themselfs and how the War with napoleon directly influenced their progress in the new world.

its nothing to do with core gameplay anyway, so all it would do is add CIV's + a new campaign, and a Napoleon Campagin would be awesome (i just hope a Titan Appears as a cheat unit, i Would LOVE to win the battle of waterloo with 1 of tehm things )

PS2MAN

w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 05:43 PM EDT (US)     246 / 295       
Oh dear... I do hope you're not serious... :S

Lord_Morningstar
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 06:02 PM EDT (US)     247 / 295       
IMHO the idea of interacting with an off-screen home city while you seek to trade and ally with native tribes is a very core part of AoEIII’s gameplay.
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 06:14 PM EDT (US)     248 / 295       
Yeah it will be mate. Hence the Napoleon idea would spoil it. My bets are on ACW. Just makes sense. I mean the focus is gonna be on N. America, and the first major event on the continent if you expand the time period past 1850 is the ACW.

Lord_Morningstar
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 06:44 PM EDT (US)     249 / 295       
My issues with a Civil War themed expansion are chiefly 1) I don’t think it fits with the colonial theme, 2) It would involve expanding the game’s time period and scope somewhat and 3) It strikes me as too limited and 4) I think an Asian/African/Pacific/Indian expansion more likely.
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-05 06:51 PM EDT (US)     250 / 295       
"My issues with a Civil War themed expansion are chiefly 1) I don’t think it fits with the colonial theme, 2) It would involve expanding the game’s time period and scope somewhat and 3) It strikes me as too limited and 4) I think an Asian/African/Pacific/Indian expansion more likely."

1, They wanted to expand their country by exploring unknown territory. That's exactly what colonisation was.

2, "Expansion Pack" - says it all. Besides, you're only expanding the time frame about 15 years from the original end date (1850) - which is nothing. The Conquerors could technically end in the mid 16th century, which is almost 100 years after the end of Age of Empires II.

3, It won't be. There'll be lots to do. Besides, they'll stick some asian teams in anyway. I mean look at AOEII - The Conquerors. It was focused on the Aztecs primarily, yet featured the Huns as well...

4, Yeah. It is likely. But that would expand the game ALOT. I mean focusing on another continent(s) entirely would expand the game several times over, and would mean loads of new stuff which would almost warrant a new game.

Overall, I feel with the civs we assume that are going to be in the game, the time period, the setting (The Americas), the storyline (1 family, 1 campaign) and the whole Indians concept, the whole Civil War and US expansion westward would be a logical next step.

Finally, the ACW was the first 'modern' conflict, and in terms of technology and tactics, led the way to WWI and ultimately WW2; which assuming the next game is in chronological order as the rest have been, will lead directly into the next 4 ages: the Modern Era.

Jim.

[This message has been edited by w00tdaddy109 (edited 02-15-2005 @ 06:55 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames