You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.155 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » age of empires 3 video !!
Bottom
Topic Subject:age of empires 3 video !!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 7  Next Page »
legio
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-05 01:43 PM EDT (US)         
AuthorReplies:
Gamer man
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 00:02 AM EDT (US)     51 / 155       
Anyone figure out what the blue flag with the black symbol in it was yet...

Moooers are remembered, chirpers never die, splashers are invincable

PlatinumKnight
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 00:06 AM EDT (US)     52 / 155       
Links to download the low res video for people who can't stream it...

http://rapidshare.de/files/1189645/ageofempires3_multiplayer_streaming.wmv.html

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23A925SGNCJQ01O455DBETFRJV

[This message has been edited by PlatinumKnight (edited 04-09-2005 @ 01:03 PM).]

ES_Bigdog
VIP
posted 04-09-05 01:44 AM EDT (US)     53 / 155       
The First Rule of Demo Fight Club: Exaggerate the living sh*t out of everything. Particularly when it's displayed on a horribly washed out screen where everyone's 100 feet away

We'll be toning down the 'extent' of the guy tossing before we ship to something more realistic. But, for now, we're having a bit of fun

dave

Devon_
Skirmisher
(id: Lord Devon)
posted 04-09-05 01:45 AM EDT (US)     54 / 155       
Nobody else noticed that riflemen seem to shoot yellow lasers out of their guns?

Maybe it was just the quality couldnt keep up with fast moving tracers, but it looked like somone was drawing an MSpaint line from the gun to somewhere

"I have curly pubic hair. If I don't gel it down, it puffs up into a miniature afro and looks rediculous." -Kman

[This message has been edited by Devon_ (edited 04-09-2005 @ 01:46 AM).]

CaptainPoncho
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 01:52 AM EDT (US)     55 / 155       

Quote:

The First Rule of Demo Fight Club: Exaggerate the living sh*t out of everything. Particularly when it's displayed on a horribly washed out screen where everyone's 100 feet away

We'll be toning down the 'extent' of the guy tossing before we ship to something more realistic. But, for now, we're having a bit of fun

dave

Whew. The video, when now stuck with this piece of info is great. Only complaint I had was that it seemed a little too overexaggerated, but seemed that's getting fixed now, which makes me a happy camper. And wow, the ragdoll physics look like an absolute blast to play.

[This message has been edited by CaptainPoncho (edited 04-09-2005 @ 01:53 AM).]

Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 02:05 AM EDT (US)     56 / 155       

Quote:

Before GDC, it was being said that ES themselves are going to release the demo video to the gaming sites. Somebody on Gamespot even said they would post it there, but it never happaned

Are we not worthy enough to see a/the video in its full glory?

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Oduig
Banned
posted 04-09-05 02:24 AM EDT (US)     57 / 155       
I think this may not be meant. Most official videos are at least 400x600 or somthing... This is just a guy with a (incredably bad resolution) camera.

But the movie is public now, so now I expect ensemble to give us the real one!!! (optimist)

Da_Sleek_Ranga
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 02:38 AM EDT (US)     58 / 155       

Quote:

But the movie is public now, so now I expect ensemble to give us the real one!!! (optimist)

Yea that one's too small i can barely see anything. So please now that it's out release a decent 1.

Greeney
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 03:06 AM EDT (US)     59 / 155       
**Crying through happiness**

**Collapses**

...Welcome to my world...
arnitald
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 03:06 AM EDT (US)     60 / 155       
Can someone describe me how to download the video? They write it's 37MB big but I can't get access to it. I guess I need a premium account... lol...

I like what one can do with water. I hope this will be implemented in the editor too. I am a bit dissapointed with the building destruction thing.

And btw have you noticed how the left mill turned faster and slower throughout the destruction sequence? I think that is wind. And I also liked the behaviour of the mill to the right after its wings have been partly destroyed. Cool stuff.

Furthermore I don't understand that laser shots of the musketeers and I am dissapointed about the isometric look and zoom... again. I hated that in AOM and now it's continued. It looks a bit more 3D but still you can't zoom to see the horizon. In other games you can do that and I love it.

And have been people thrown away 5+ meters by a cannonball?

[This message has been edited by arnitald (edited 04-09-2005 @ 03:22 AM).]

Oduig
Banned
posted 04-09-05 03:18 AM EDT (US)     61 / 155       
No... Just go to Windows Media Player-->File-->Open URL--> http://www.multiplayer.it/streaming/ageofempires3_multiplayer_streaming.wmv

That ought to do it.
And trust me, it's not 37 MB or something like that, the quality isn't good enough for that. It's 3.6 MB

arnitald
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 03:21 AM EDT (US)     62 / 155       
Look at the site first before wanting me to trust you. I guess it's only for premium accounts, but I cant understand Italian good enough.
LionFromAoC
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 03:56 AM EDT (US)     63 / 155       
it wont work!

War is Death! Living is War!
Oduig
Banned
posted 04-09-05 04:04 AM EDT (US)     64 / 155       
I haven't seen that website before in my entire life. How could I have seen it if I weren't registered?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/default.aspx

Click download now and download the latest version of wmp. Then repeat what I told you to do last post.

Of any help?

David
HG Alumnus
posted 04-09-05 05:21 AM EDT (US)     65 / 155       
The end-part seems to be a promotion video for the game - hopefully we will see that part at least in better resolution sometime soon.

Great find! I downloaded it and watched it in full screen. A bit hard to see what things were at times, but...

Pwned
Skirmisher
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 04-09-05 05:26 AM EDT (US)     66 / 155       
Looked good from what I could see of it, a better quality video would be nice.

ada
styrbiorn
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 06:07 AM EDT (US)     67 / 155       

Quote:

I didn't see anything in the center of the flag. To me it looks like St. Patrick's Cross, an older Irish Flag (now part of the British flag).

As some guy said, it's probably the Spanish flag. The red Burgundy Cross was used during most of the game time frame.

[This message has been edited by styrbiorn (edited 04-09-2005 @ 06:08 AM).]

Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 04-09-05 08:02 AM EDT (US)     68 / 155       
Lots of graphics customization (check out how they kept increasing the quality of the water, [i think]). Awesome!
achilleas
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 08:43 AM EDT (US)     69 / 155       
thanks dude
u wrote history
lommeuld
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 09:23 AM EDT (US)     70 / 155       
Even though the few set up battles shown in the video are probably not representative of the real in-game battles to any large degree, I'm a bit worried that the battles have lost some of their dynamic because of the necessity of formations and to a lesser extent because of the abundance of ranged units.

It seems the unit deaths will seem lively though, which, while extremely cool, just makes it all the more apparent how exciting chaotic, up close aoc style battles would look. I want to be engrossed in the lives of the units too, not just their deaths, and not just their life as a single formation entity.

Belerofon
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 09:24 AM EDT (US)     71 / 155       
the video is nice, really.

But better qually would not only be more fun for us to see, it would also be better marketing. I know ES doesnt want to spoil anything but showing a video in such a bad qually is not the best way of presenting their game to us (their customers). I just hope they will at least show us something from the game in a good quallity video, even if its just the water or just some units walking...

...still I appreciate what they did, a bad qually video is better than no video at all

Dont worry, be happy.
petachoks
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 09:24 AM EDT (US)     72 / 155       
The video was great except:
1. Collapse of buildings was a bit unrealistic... I'm assuming they're still working on that.
2. Men flew too far, also unrealistic but it has been said that they'll fix it.
3. The bullet trails don't look too good, they ruin the overall feel and nature of the game. I hope they'll tone them down before the game is released, or will allow us to tweak it in the options. In fact I think it's best if they removed them alltogether, it worked in other games I don't see why it won't work in this one.
4. I don't understand how one cannonball can kill so many troops that are standing in a line... It just doesn't make sence, lol.
5. The resolutions was horrible.

Great parts:
1. The camera pan at the very end was beautiful.
2. Great water effects.
3. Decent formations.
4. The first part of windmill destruction looked cool.

"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

AB Solutions - Web Design

Knight of Ni
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 09:42 AM EDT (US)     73 / 155       
"We'll be toning down the 'extent' of the guy tossing before we ship to something more realistic. But, for now, we're having a bit of fun"

Noooo! I want the exaggerated physics! Can't you just make them an option so people can both get hyper realism and a good show depending on what they want?

Siewart
Skirmisher
posted 04-09-05 11:47 AM EDT (US)     74 / 155       
I think it wasnt the Editor, because they were setting up the lightning settings. I think its the Video settings...

But this is GREAT! Thx

Siewart

ESO: F4N4T1C

hccore
Banned
posted 04-09-05 12:37 PM EDT (US)     75 / 155       
i dont see trees with movements .... and trails of rifles not good to me
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames