You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.35 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » GameSpy Eras & Strategies Article is up.
Bottom
Topic Subject:GameSpy Eras & Strategies Article is up.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
yop
Skirmisher
posted 04-30-05 03:34 PM EDT (US)         
AuthorReplies:
Ajs77311
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 02:42 AM EDT (US)     26 / 35       
What happened to the Nomad Start?! That Rocked!

October 25th: 298th day of the year, coincidence, conspiracy? You Decide.

I am still waiting for Name change to Armed Rebel.

yop
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 02:55 AM EDT (US)     27 / 35       
Either it was not implemented in the version that the Gamespy guy play with, or either ES cancelled this feature for now. The nomad start is not officially out of the picture... I would guess they are probably not settled about it.

If an ES member could confirm the state of things...

[This message has been edited by yop (edited 05-01-2005 @ 02:56 AM).]

ES_Bigdog
VIP
posted 05-01-05 02:59 AM EDT (US)     28 / 35       
There's plenty of fighting in the 3rd Age. In fact, given the state of the game ayer, there's probably too much fighting in the late ages

dave

rodgers24888
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 06:26 AM EDT (US)     29 / 35       
I have read all of the Gamespy articles now and must say that everything sounds absolutely amazing! I understand theyíve had to leave out some information but because Iím not a moaner and am truly glad that this game exists I donít care, I will find out further details when I need to know.

Keep up the good work ES, every time you release a new bit of information I get rather excited. The improvements all sound worthwhile and from the sounds of it this is going to be a hell of a fun game to play.

I like it how the scout has evolved into an explorer with a much greater use than the scout in previous games. Instead of just looking for resources scouting your enemy it sounds like a key unit that needs to be used.

I love how the walls are looking, if you can build walls that look like those seen in recent screenshots Iíll probably wet myself.

I understand how the home city works now and it sounds like it adds a lot to the gameplay.

I can't wait to see cannons in action! I can't wait for a video! I can't wait for this game!

Heheh, you and gamespy have made me happy. Thanks!

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 05-01-05 10:26 AM EDT (US)     30 / 35       

Quote:

There's plenty of fighting in the 3rd Age. In fact, given the state of the game ayer, there's probably too much fighting in the late ages

Bigdog, could you shed any extra light on the 5th (Imperial) age? The article stated that players would need a massive amount of resources to even get there. Which then prompts the question, what would happen to a player who was able to research Imperial, but not have any resources left over to build anything else? I mean, if a situation like that occurs, it would be pretty redundant to get there in the first place, right? It would be pretty comparable to the AoM's "Omniscience" technology.

Also, how would this new age affect Deathmatch? That is one area that we haven't heard a lot about yet.

Oh, and just one more question.

Quote:

Players begin with a town center, a small group of colonists, and an explorer. The Explorer unit is unique: aside from having a good line of sight and a special ability letting him snipe environmental hazards in a single shot

What does "environmental hazards" mean?

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »

[This message has been edited by Shiva (edited 05-01-2005 @ 10:43 AM).]

Gamer man
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 01:09 PM EDT (US)     31 / 35       
well i dont imagine not affording anything when you get to the age will be a problem, as it will take a while for it to research thus giving time to earn back resources... what would be a bigger problem is defending yourself while it is still researching, considering you prolly just spent 10,000 food and coin (rough estimates) in the act of reaseaching

Moooers are remembered, chirpers never die, splashers are invincable

OldGrex
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 05:32 PM EDT (US)     32 / 35       
@ Shiva: I'm presuming 'gators, grizzlies, etc are what ES_BigDog means by "environmental hazards."

Strive For Ataraxia
ES_Bigdog
VIP
posted 05-01-05 06:04 PM EDT (US)     33 / 35       
I don't think we're talking much about the Imperial Age yet... It's got some cool stuff in it, though. The Gamespy article sold it a little short (undoubtedly due to the limited time they had to play); it's actually got a bunch of fun stuff in it.

We're not talking about DM.

dave

Klo
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 06:19 PM EDT (US)     34 / 35       

Quote:

We're not talking about DM.

Hmmm... Is it because there isn't one, or maybe it might be because there going to be a radical new redesign.

So many questons, so little info.

Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic is the anwser, next problem
Sunshine
Banned
posted 05-01-05 06:26 PM EDT (US)     35 / 35       

Quote:

Hmmm... Is it because there isn't one, or maybe it might be because there going to be a radical new redesign.

So many questons, so little info.

In another thread, ES hinted that they are still gaining ideas to implement for DM. Perhaps they are unprepared to release information on DM as the data may change quickly and they don't want to get fan's hopes up (or down).

[This message has been edited by Angel Sunny (edited 05-01-2005 @ 06:27 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames