You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.63 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Video Extra Large 28 Minutes
Bottom
Topic Subject:Video Extra Large 28 Minutes
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Caesarion
Skirmisher
posted 05-25-05 12:48 PM EDT (US)         
Link:
http://www.rpgplanet.com/memw/

"Good afternoon all! Iím still here at E3 and so far today Iíve played some multiplayer of Age of Empires III, it was actually pretty cool playing against the developers. I lost the first game, but rallied to win the second . Now talking about Age of Empires, I said earlier today that I had video taped a demo of the game and Iíve just now managed to create the video and upload it. I wasnít able to make it into a medium version, so the whole movie is over 400mbís in size, but at 28 minutes long youíll hopefully see a lot. The quality isnít tremendous, but itís better than nothing. Iíll attempt at getting a smaller version of the video out soon."

AuthorReplies:
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 05-28-05 02:46 PM EDT (US)     51 / 63       
^LOL

I cant believe you don't like how the comanches attack the building! They've finally made it realistic by having them shoot flaming arrows and you are dissapointed!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
Openfire
Skirmisher
posted 05-28-05 03:00 PM EDT (US)     52 / 63       
where on the site do you download?

*Is still lurking here* (Actually, no.)
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 05-28-05 03:12 PM EDT (US)     53 / 63       
Icec0o1
Skirmisher
posted 05-28-05 03:13 PM EDT (US)     54 / 63       
You would think that having the physics throw a guy hit by a cannonball 50 yards would be sweet; in all honesty, it got incredibly boring and quite annoying after that first video of a few guys flying over the cliff into the water. Come on, ES, we love the Age games because they get closest to realism then any other RTS games, gameplay is honestly second to that! Starcraft had an awesome gameplay but I loved AoE because it wasn't about space and aliens and droids and all the other crap. Yes, I would love to see units fly when they're hit by a cannonball, but not such a *huge* distance which is also the same for every situation. Would it really be that tough to make it a little more realistic?

I don't know if it's due to the havoc physics engine but AoK seemed more realistic then AoE3 when it comes to cavalry. The distance between the cavalry and the units they're fighting is enormous! And I would have loved to see the cavalry charge through the ranks of musketeers. Again, I can't believe it'd be too hard to code/make.

Villagers walking through the train? That's pathetic...it kind of destroys the whole point of having trains as eye-candy! Would it really be that resource-consuming to make animals/units run off of the tracks when a train is coming??

Stuff like villagers hammering at the ground while constructing a building isn't that bad; I can accept that. But buildings self-extinguishing themselves makes me pump my fist in anger...I would have preferred to stick with the old "poke at a buildings until it catches fire" over this. Why wouldn't you guys just let the building keep on burning and possibly even slowly lose hp until it's repaired? It'd actually create some different strategies and to balance it, of course, you could make repairing a building very easy/quick.

I really hope they change their prospective of gameplay being >>>>>> realism and fix up the game in the next few months.

Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 05-28-05 03:25 PM EDT (US)     55 / 63       
I think the WHOLE movie was amazing!
Be grateful, not spiteful of ES!

Quote:

One card had 'TEAM' on it. The purpose of that, I don't know. The description was 'TEAM: Food Silos: Villagers gather food from mills 10% faster."

I really hope this means what I think it means...team techs! If everyone in a teacm has the specific tech, it is more powerful?

★★★★★
Flotiball
Skirmisher
posted 05-28-05 10:01 PM EDT (US)     56 / 63       
Close-view makes the physics of the blown off units look so much better! awsome vid

Flotiball - highest rank 2057 Miss you GT_Celica and GT clan!
also known as emeraldazn for AOE/AOK and Hana for AOE3
CaptainPoncho
Skirmisher
posted 05-28-05 10:22 PM EDT (US)     57 / 63       
I hope they do turn down the physics. I think ES said they just turned it up for the media a while back.
PTM
Skirmisher
posted 05-29-05 04:52 AM EDT (US)     58 / 63       
The way the building burned was disappointing to say the least. (fix: let the buildings burn longer and more realistically - it doesn't have to keep doing damage and can eventually go out. It just looks stupid and makes it look like the fire isn't even "sticking" to the building with the way it is currently implemented).

The magical inter-dimensional train phasing was idiotic at best. (fix: while I'd prefer train-splattering your units, you could at the very least make it so that units walking through a train must stop and let the train pass [not too bad since trains are small and fast in this game])

The cav mechanics (the distance between units they attack and the fact they stand there) is laughable. (fix: let them charge through the lines and do damage in a line, then turn around and repeat. Make them do more damage [it takes way too many hits to kill units with them] and make them cost more so you have less [like RoN style]).

But the rest was superb. If they fixed these things I'd be VERY happy. If not...well, they're extremely annoying to me at the moment. Not saying it's a deal breaker but it certainly doesn't help (at all) if even more problems like this arise along the way.

Oduig
Banned
posted 05-29-05 08:06 AM EDT (US)     59 / 63       
I thought the units should avoid the train too. The man was right when he said it wouldn't be nice to have units splattered by the train (because it goes that fast), but they they could have let the units avoid it... units walking through trains is really unrealistic.

I think cannons are overpowered.

I think the buildings should keep burning for a short while.

Then again, this Ūs gonna be the best RTS game ive heard of I think.

Jim lister
Skirmisher
posted 05-29-05 11:53 AM EDT (US)     60 / 63       
i cat get it to work
Jim lister
Skirmisher
posted 05-29-05 11:54 AM EDT (US)     61 / 63       
how do u get the movie?
lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 06-02-05 04:42 AM EDT (US)     62 / 63       

Quote:

Also, for any left confused, trading post construction functions exactly the same as settlements in AoM: the trade route and native settlements are preset on the map.

I was afraid of this, settlements were the numero uno reason I stopped playing AoM after about a couple months. Not an idea that needed to be expanded on, forcing everybody to build on predetermined spots is just lame in an RTS.

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 06-02-05 05:12 AM EDT (US)     63 / 63       
it isnt lame. it just had to be like this. is it that strange that you have to build a outpost near the natives to ally with them :S
And that you cant change the traderoute in one big tradepost?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames