You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.138 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » AOE3 Demo Next Month!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:AOE3 Demo Next Month!!!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 6  Next Page »
PlatinumKnight
Skirmisher
posted 08-20-05 10:14 PM EDT (US)         
Many thanks to sherlock for submitting this exciting piece of news. Please note that this is not officially confirmed yet by ES/MS and should be treated as a possible happening at this point. An Ensemble Studios or Microsoft employee at this past week's German gaming convention apparently disclosed to the German gaming site GamesWeb.com that there will be a demo (could be an open beta) of some sorts for Age of Empires III coming next month.

http://www.planetageofmythology.com

After 100 replies this post is offically platinum!!!

10 posts a day for ten days in a row! Can you top that?

[This message has been edited by PlatinumKnight (edited 08-30-2005 @ 12:58 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 12:48 PM EDT (US)     51 / 138       
@TribalChieftain:

There WILL be a demo!!! your other post was wrong. If you don't beleive me then look at ES_Bigdog's post on the fourth page of this thread.

[This message has been edited by The_Assimilator (edited 08-22-2005 @ 12:49 PM).]

Noflunk
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 02:23 PM EDT (US)     52 / 138       
Does anyone know where (once out) the demo can be downloaded from?
CTngage
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 03:40 PM EDT (US)     53 / 138       
I read somewhere that the collectors edition will have a demo cd, which means the demo will be smaller than 700MB
marksman1416
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 03:42 PM EDT (US)     54 / 138       
I look forward to the demo, if someone finds the exact date please post it.
AoE_Fr3AcIc
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 04:00 PM EDT (US)     55 / 138       
Hmmm lets hope its not like BF2's demo it took like 5 months for then to release it!! BUT I STILL CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder which campagn its going to be in the demo! maybe they'll release a MP version later... methinks i will go jump up and down for awhile.. bye... (giggle giggle giggle)
DeaconEire
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 04:13 PM EDT (US)     56 / 138       
I was at the GC in Leipzig and was pestering a couple of MS guys (none actually specificly came from ES - or maybe they had to wear MS t-shirts), but 1 guy said end of august - beginning of september, another said mid-end of september, noone really knew.
One thing was certain though, they all called it a demo and they said they wouldn't use it for bug-fixing.

Leader of the Deacon Empire!
Feel free to drop by on our forum
Salacon
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 04:32 PM EDT (US)     57 / 138       
I'd like to call all of you with broadband losers. Crazy! Luckily I'll probably get the demo from some gaming magazine considering it's a demo fo AoE III.

"My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last for ever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Soc the Corrupted
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 05:10 PM EDT (US)     58 / 138       
The demo will probably consist of the Tutorial, a couple of random maps plus AT MOST two civs to play with, no multi-player mode (they already said it won't be there in the demo), maybe the editor, and maybe the first scenario. But that last part is unlikely.
TribalChieftain
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 05:38 PM EDT (US)     59 / 138       
@ The_Assimilator: You realize that the demo won't be before the game. Bruce Shelley confirmed this in the video from the german gaming convention. BigDog never mentioned it being released before the game. By the way there is no fourth page. Its the fourth post.

[This message has been edited by TribalChieftain (edited 08-22-2005 @ 05:44 PM).]

bojack
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 06:25 PM EDT (US)     60 / 138       

Quoted from ES_Bigdog:

Barring a flaming dung heap of utter disaster, you will have the demo before the game is out . We've never actually done the Trial version prior to the game (it's always been done in the weeks after we've RTMed the actual game). We're trying something new this time around, so we'll have to see how that goes

I'm hoping there'll be some naval combat in the demo but I know it's probably not going to happen. At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing the physics and combat in action. Thanks ES for giving us a taste of AoE3 before it hits shelves. But please don't do anything lame like forcing time limits on us or releasing it only a week or two before the full game becomes available *cough*EgA (not a typo)*cough*.

Grammar and such go a long way in these forums and I would hate to see heavengames lower it's high standards. - Shala_LoL
TOAO_VTEC
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 07:19 PM EDT (US)     61 / 138       
Awesome, can't wait
East_Friesian
Banned
posted 08-22-05 07:30 PM EDT (US)     62 / 138       
Salacon , I just think you're just jealous you dont get BroadBand , so what if you can get the demo disk from some mag. ? , since when the full version comes out you'll have a nice time with lag enjoying multiplayer online. Tell your council to put in BB , otherwise its like you're still really living in the AoE3 time period. (unless thats fun for you )

[This message has been edited by East_Friesian (edited 08-22-2005 @ 07:30 PM).]

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 08:23 PM EDT (US)     63 / 138       

Quote:

On my 2mbit connection (that is 250KB a second) I can download 3GB in 3 hours 20 mins.
Brtnboarder495, I dont know where the hell u got 50 hours, man, your maths must really suck! If you download at 1mb a second then it will take u 3000 seconds... thats is the same as 50 mins, not 50 hours! Geez.

Man this is good news, Dave do you think you can find out the release date for the Demo? Man i'm confused, first bruce says it wont be released till after the full game is out, and now your saying there WILL be a demo before the full game is released! :O oh man.

lmao sorry I was a little trashed.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Salacon
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-05 08:24 PM EDT (US)     64 / 138       
Actually, I can't get broadband because it's not available, and I have no problem lagging on multiplayer because I never play it anyway.

"My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last for ever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Soc the Corrupted
ES_Bigdog
VIP
posted 08-23-05 01:18 AM EDT (US)     65 / 138       
Like I said, barring disaster, the demo will be out before the game is. We are super close to RC0 (release candidate 0) of the demo. As soon as we have a good RC for the trial version, it goes to marketing. They want it ASAP

As to why Bruce said it wouldn't be, I can think of 2 reasons a) There's a lot of beer in Germany and I know Bruce likes beer or b) Bruce is the consummate professional and hates promising things that might not happen.

If FEAR's demo is 600MB, then you'll have a happier DL with ours. It won't be that big.

dave

Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 08-23-05 01:22 AM EDT (US)     66 / 138       
Sweet! It's going to be less than 600MB!

Under five hours for a download!

★★★★★
simontyler9
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 02:12 AM EDT (US)     67 / 138       
Everyone is gonna think I'm a complete physco but I'm not even gonna play the demo, it will ruin the suprise hehehe

My Heroes:
Kirk Hammet
Andrew Stockdale
Dave Grohl
Jimmy Page
Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 08-23-05 02:40 AM EDT (US)     68 / 138       
Well yeah...you're a complete psycho. :P

★★★★★
arnitald
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 02:53 AM EDT (US)     69 / 138       
The only demo, that I haven't downloaded just because of the size is the Dungeon Siege 2 demo. That thing is 1.4 GB! That is just like an older game.

Such thing is crazy. But I have no problem with up to 700 MB. One hour and here we go, weeeeeeeee.

Rokini
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 04:35 AM EDT (US)     70 / 138       
Yay! Less than 600 mb, lol i would be happy d/l 2gb for a demo.
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 07:44 AM EDT (US)     71 / 138       
@ES_Bigdog.

What exactly will we get in the demo? Do we at least get the tutorial and a couple of ramdom maps? Or arn't you allowed to tell us?

[This message has been edited by The_Assimilator (edited 08-23-2005 @ 07:45 AM).]

StR_BalinorNZ
Skirmisher
(id: AO_BalinorNZ)
posted 08-23-05 06:02 PM EDT (US)     72 / 138       

Quote:

@ES_Bigdog.

What exactly will we get in the demo? Do we at least get the tutorial and a couple of ramdom maps? Or arn't you allowed to tell us?

I am also curious, are you able to tell us details like these dave?

>How many civs do we get to use in random map?
>How many random maps will be availible?
>Will there be any locked features in random map, such as cannot reach final age, can only play vs neapolion(sp?) or a select few AIs?

Thanks ^^

StR_BalinorNZ
mr every_th1nga
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 10:54 PM EDT (US)     73 / 138       
In reply to ES_Bigdog

So does it mean we can expect a demo in late August?
Cause ot would be jolly good. Besides the fact that I start school in September 6

I AM SO FREAKIN COOL!!
DO YOU KNOW WHY?!?
CAUSE I AM SO L337!!!

A piece of... <========================Hmmmmm ^ - ^

East_Friesian
Banned
posted 08-23-05 11:18 PM EDT (US)     74 / 138       
Speaking on behalf of everyone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

------------PLEASE bring us the demo ASAP---------------

Trust us - it would be really a good thing for ES to release it soon ( even now ) , because if you guys dont you'll have less public exposure.

Giving us the demo now will only make us more addicted to getting our hands on that full version as soon as it comes out... every hour we will need our regualr daily AoE3 shot.

Envy
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 11:22 PM EDT (US)     75 / 138       
agree, we need it now..or ASAP, we're not rushing..but we really want our hand on such a fine game.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames