You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.386 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Bug Reporting for the Age of Empires 3 Demo
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bug Reporting for the Age of Empires 3 Demo
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16  Next Page »
SuperTr00pers
VIP
posted 09-07-05 10:58 PM EDT (US)         
We have created a new e-mail address to collect your bugs. If you encounter anything please send an e-mail to age3.bugs@ensemblestudios.com If you are using a hotmail e-mail address it may bounce your e-mail.

Be sure to include as much information as possible about your system, any logs you received as well as error messages. If you provide reproduction steps that would also be helpful.

<------->

Common fixes for most problems

1.Make sure your system supports the minimum requirements.

2.Make sure that your video card and sound drivers are updated.

3.When you install be sure to turn off any antivirus software.

4.Make sure the game is not blocked by any security software.

<------->

If you are having problems starting the demo try these four fixes.

1. Open your My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Startup folder

2. Create a user.cfg file

3. Add the line +nointrocinematics save and exit

4. Play the game

--- or ---

1. Turn off anti-aliasing

--- or ---

If you have a wide screen monitor

1. Open NewProfile.xml

2. Find the line optiongrfxres

3. Change the resolution to 1024 x 768

--- or ---

1. Download the latest version of Microsoft XML (MSXML 4 SP2)

2. You can download it here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en

<------->

If you are experiencing sound problems be sure to include the Age3log.txt and the DXDiag output.

To get DXDiag output

1. Go to Start

2. Click on run and type DXDiag and hit enter

3. Click on the sound tab

4. Copy the informatiuon from there and include it in a e-mail

<------->

We are tracking the sound issue right now. Thanks to everyone who sent in their information.

A possible fix for the sound issue is to turn off hardware acceleration. This may only work on some hardware.

1. Go to Start and Run

2. Type in DXDiag and hit enter

3. Go to the sound tab and move the hardware sound accerlation bar all the way to the left

4. Click Exit and restart the computer

[D4KU]

[This message has been edited by SuperTr00pers (edited 09-09-2005 @ 03:49 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
shrike
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 03:25 AM EDT (US)     351 / 386       
I used the mortar ship to fire on the treasure guardians on the island in the NE map. Not all were killed. My ship went away and came back with my explorer and his doggies. They did not see the guardians, so searched the entire island, but did not find them. They tried to grab the treasure, but were told that the guardians needed to be killed. But there were no guardians! Perhaps they "disappeared" into the water while chasing my ship (see my post two or three earlier than this one)?
shrike
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 03:26 AM EDT (US)     352 / 386       
Please make ships a bit smaller; one ship can take up almost the entire viewing area (even at full zoom). This will be ameliorated a bit with the smaller UI, but ships will still be too big.
shrike
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 03:29 AM EDT (US)     353 / 386       
Please add a way to get unit speca BEFORE creating the unit. On an already created unit, one can hover over it and press alt to get stats. But when I am trying to decide whether to create a particular unit (and have not created any of that type so far), it is necessary to be able to get the same stats. I don't think there is a way; I suggest allowing hover over the unit icon in the building UI, and holding alt. (Presently, doing this just gives info about the building).
shrike
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 03:32 AM EDT (US)     354 / 386       
Can't delete buildings
shrike
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 03:34 AM EDT (US)     355 / 386       
Can't "group delete" units. In prior Age games, you could lasso a number of units and click the skull button (or press the Del key) n times. In Age3, you must now click each unit individually before clicking the skull button (or pressing the Del key).
shrike
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 03:45 AM EDT (US)     356 / 386       
The banners in the upper left part of the screen are not very useful. Implementing any one of the following suggestions would help. (Implementing #1 and either #2 or #3 would be even better!)

1) The corresponding banner does not get highlighted when you select a group (or units in a group), so it is not useful in helping you figure out the number of the group you select. For instance, I always use all nine groups, and so I sometimes forget what number I assigned to a group, say my musketeers. It would be great if selecting a musketeer would light up the correct banner; that way I could see that the fifth banner lit up, so I chose group five.

2) The banners should have a picture of the specific unit (if only one type) assigned to the group it represents. Just having generic pictures of artillery, infantry, or cavalry is not very helpful. I use all nine groups (as I'm sure many players do), and I do not mix units within a group (again, as I'm sure many players do not). So, by definition I am going to have at least three groups of a generic unit type (cavalry, infantry, artillery). The banner pictures do not help me tell these groups apart.

3) Put a small number on the banner, indicating the group number to which it corresponds.

AOE3 Player
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 08:01 AM EDT (US)     357 / 386       
Invisable unit fire on my Town Center,
I can't kill it!
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 05:14 PM EDT (US)     358 / 386       
This probably will never be noticed even if it isn't fixed, I don't think anyone will ever use monitors. But when the long range bombard fires, there is a puff of smoke, some fire, then a pause, then the sound and the projectile.

AoE3Player, chances are it was a native warrior who dissapeared, telling a unit to attack move or stand gaurd in the area should kill it.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
Byzantine2793
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-05 06:15 PM EDT (US)     359 / 386       
dang shrike just made a recod, 8 posts in a row dang use edit
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 10-03-05 05:31 PM EDT (US)     360 / 386       
A few new bugs I noticed in my last game.
They were always there, but this time I verified that it was really a bug.

1. When I send a villager to build a house, I then also use SHIFT right click to send him to cut wood after he finishes the building. However, the villager never goes to perform the second task once he completes the building.
2. I cannot create a gate if there are some units close to the wall. I need to get all the units away from that wall before I can create the gate.

Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-05 11:23 PM EDT (US)     361 / 386       
I was playing earlier today (instead of doing homework) and one of my villies got stuck in some eye candy while hunting. Now while not the most horrific incident in the world, it did make me lose some time and in a more competitive environment, that one villie caught in a bush at 2:00 could potentially change the outcome of the game. Please make eye candy less of a pain!

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
gelheadhobo
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-05 08:34 PM EDT (US)     362 / 386       
One thing, not really a bug, but when I sailed my ship through some swans, the swans seemed undisturbed and kept swimming around in their little circle.

Does anyone else feel like when they spell pwn with an O they just made a spelling mistake?
ThEOldCoW
Skirmisher
posted 10-06-05 03:32 PM EDT (US)     363 / 386       
ok a couple of more...

pirate ships dont show up
and cant get past leavel 10...

Mongol horse man
Skirmisher
posted 10-06-05 03:59 PM EDT (US)     364 / 386       
In the demo mercanarys/pirates are disabled as well as going above leval ten but there is a mod to get past leval ten.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Say hi to the bunny!
"Once they have vaginas, they'll take over the world.-Cy Marlayne on the subject of robots.
Ferdinand Gwonch
Skirmisher
posted 10-06-05 08:48 PM EDT (US)     365 / 386       
another inconvenience is about the population: there's no pop indicator in the interface. Pop management gets difficult

OWN GOAL

[This message has been edited by Ferdinand Gwonch (edited 10-06-2005 @ 08:49 PM).]

The_cat_head
Skirmisher
posted 10-09-05 03:13 AM EDT (US)     366 / 386       
my compture is a 1700 pentium M processer, but when i run the game, the game told me three times
1st 800mhz
2nd 900mhz
3rd 1100mhz

can u tell me whats wrong

aka De_zahid (in war3 war3ft) how about them bears
Stephan Hill
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 02:13 AM EDT (US)     367 / 386       
@Ferdinand
Enable the pop cap view in the game options.

@The_cat_head
Tech Support Forum!

Hiawatha II
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 11:34 AM EDT (US)     368 / 386       
When ever I train ANYTHING from an Iroquis camp, it comes out as a little axe in a shadow. I can't click or move him around, but if the computer comes near him he will start to fight.

����,��,�`����,�
my sig sucks
����,��,�`����,�
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 10-10-05 12:25 PM EDT (US)     369 / 386       
Turn on 'high poly' mode in the options menu.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Dark_Champion
Skirmisher
posted 10-11-05 01:52 PM EDT (US)     370 / 386       
You can get the Iriquis Tamohawk to appera if you go in to the Graphics Options and change some of the settings.

Also I found a trapped French villager in a skirmish, but when I released him he was stuck in the Rock. Help Please!

I am the Dark Champion...

And I will take over you champions....
and then run.
raaman
posted 10-11-05 05:22 PM EDT (US)     371 / 386       
When playing British, after you build a bunch of houses in a group some villagers get trapped in between the houses and you can't delete the houses. So basically you can't delete houses.

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 10-12-05 10:16 AM EDT (US)     372 / 386       
By the way, when playing the demo, sometimes the towers don't shoot at the enemy at all for the entire game.

Did anyone noticed this bug?

Could it be because I change the PROTO settings? (I make them stronger with more range).

Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 10-12-05 10:50 AM EDT (US)     373 / 386       
Most probably, thats the best way to create bugs.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 10-12-05 01:22 PM EDT (US)     374 / 386       

Quote:

Most probably, thats the best way to create bugs.

It shouldn't be that way.
Changing the PROTO should be a full proof, as long as the values are within the permited range (which they are in this case).

Besides, it works well most of the times.

MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 10-12-05 01:35 PM EDT (US)     375 / 386       
When playing Spanish, I cannot queue up multiple tasks for the villagers using the shift key.
When I assigned the second task (with the shift key) the villager ignores the first task and goes to perform the second task.

There is also a similar problem with the British villagers.
If I have a villager that is already performing a task, when I give him a new task, sometimes the villager ignores that new command, and I have to send him to any location on the map before I can give him a new task.
Also, many times if I queue up 2 tasks for the villager, he would not perform the second task once he is done with the first one,

« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames