You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.74 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » My review of the demo.
Bottom
Topic Subject:My review of the demo.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
G_Spot_Lover
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 07:54 PM EDT (US)         
I rate the demo a 3.5/10
The main game will probably be a 6.9/10 for me.
The demo leaves me unsatisfied, unimpressed.
Graphics look worse then AOM on minimum req's.
UI is unreasonably huge and gets in the way.

Campaign:

Horrible dialog. Uninteresting and plain cinematic.
Not much of a challenge, even on hardest difficulty.

Scenario 1: I got an army quick with little to no effort. Attacked the enemy. Built outposts. The scenario was over in less then 10 minutes. I understand this isn't even a newbie tutorial scenario like the pirate ship one in AOM. This is in ACT III and it's still so easy.

Scenario 2: A siege. Cool idea. Weakly played out. Sent shipments. Built cannons. Built a couple outposts. Upgraded trains. GG. Was over in less then 15 minutes.

Total playable time not more then half an hour. Pathetic.

Skirmish:
Only 2 civs available. That's fine. But the enemy AI is retarded.

On my very first game (barely knowing what to do) I beat the computer easily on hard. EASILY. I did not use any sort of build order or anything. They fell faster then dominos to my longbow men.

So I tried expert next... This provided more of a challenge, but was still pathetic. the computer destroyed my main base so I ran a little to the side of the map. I stayed there for 15 minutes (before resigning) building up and gathering resources. The enemy did not attack me once.

The enemy AI is extremely unintelligent and weak. I've noticed that they build their fort in the same exact place every time.
Also the AI pretty much only builds siege units and longbow men. EVERY GAME. They don’t use any sort of strategy what-so-ever.

Graphics:

Owch. I know most of you can afford and want to spend loads of cash to upgrade your computer to get the best graphics possible. Unfortunately, unlike many of you, I choose to spend my hard earned cash on my car and other things. I'm sorry my computer isn't top of the line.
So before you go and say "what are you talking about the graphics look so good on my {fill in high computer specs here}, you should know that it doesn't matter. This game has failed to cater to my needs and IMO is too demanding for the gameplay it offers. This gameplay could have been done with AOM graphics or even AOK graphics. The physics engine pretty much adds nothing to contribute to the way the game plays. The game is also not playable on my system for one reason: THE CANNONS.

My specs:
512 RAM
64 MB card
P4 2.8

The game runs well on low settings until 5+ cannons show up.
Once cannons start firing the game becomes completely unplayable.

How can the graphics be so unbalanced? One minute the game is running smooth with 100+ guys fighting each other, the next, it's unplayable? That's not right.

I've tried to disable everything and it doesn't help. Cannons lag regardless of any setting that's enabled/turned on.

Overall:

AOK was an awesome game, and still is an awesome game for mostly one reason: ITS GAMEPLAY.

The units in AOE3 pretty much all feel the same.
All ranged infantry feel the same. What's the difference if they're shooting a gun or shooting arrows? They all pretty much look and play the same.
It's true that siege play different then infantry and melee units play differently then ranged but that's it. I don't get the joy of using units as I did in AOK where the skirmisher felt different then an archer or where a hussar felt different then a paladin. Or when janissarys felt different then longbow men. In AOE 3 they feel the same, for me anyway.

The whole idea of collecting treasures is over used and lame. There are just far too many treasures on the map and it becomes a huge distraction early on.
Once you've rescued the same guy from a bear or killed the bandits (who by the way just run from you) for the 5th time it just becomes a chore. I want relics like in AOK that people actually fought over.

The home city isn't that great of a feature. It feels cramped and crowded and isn't as satisfying as god powers were in AOM.
Once you use up all your cards it doesn't become fun anymore to send food shipments.

Choosing a politician is ok. Some choices seem better then others, but it's ok.

You can't really play defensively in this game. It's clear if you do you will lose. This game is much like AOM in that it forces you to be aggressive because of trade routes.

Over all the game is average at best.
For now its AOK > AOE3 > AOM regardless of what the final version has to offer.

The demo has failed to impress me or even consider purchasing the game. The numerous eye popping bugs and performance issues on a system which meets minimum requirements show nothing but amaturism.

Let the thoughts, flames, posts saying the game looks great on your high end computer and defending of ES begin!
I look forward to reading =)

I <3 GAMESPOT!
AuthorReplies:
TheGoodEvil
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 10:50 AM EDT (US)     51 / 74       
so 3 areas makes it exactly the same? I have yet to see an RTS that doesn't have similar features either borrow or not some things just make playing more fun, in the end it's about fun.

If there are 3 small things of which 1 is similar being scouting but nothing unheard of anymore, WC3 has creeps which make you go out and scout the map to level your hero RoN has freebies, AoE3 you have to fight for the treasures similar but extremely far from exactly. In the end if it makes gameplay better I'm all for it, this is a case that does make gameplay better

the other is very vague interpretation trade routes, static trade routes in AoE3 are seperate from RoN's Trade Routes just like they are seperate from EE2's trade routes and previous "Age of" trade routes. The gameplay feature of trade routes in AoE3 is to have a capturable feature to help spread the fighting over more of the map. IN the end it help gameplay and so isn't bad. It's not very similar to any other form of trade routes implemented in any other game, there for it's not "exactly" like RoN's caravan routes that were one of the only ways to get "wealth" in the game. In AoE3 Trade routes provide a boost to xp gain as well as later they can be upgraded to allow for resource distribution.

As for your last "it's like RoN" comment, you do realise that RoN was based off of the Age of series right? Saying that AoE3 is like RoN in ages and techs is like saying that an original is trying to act like an immitation... kinda doesn't make sense. Of course a game that has to do with "aging" will have seperate ages and techs.... so this whole comparison is rather pointless...

I still see nothing that makes AoE3 similar to RoN... The funniest thing is when RoN came out everyone said it was an AoK clone lol. So by your logic If RoN is a clone of AoK and AoK is part 2 in the Age series and AoE3 is exactly like RoN than that would make AoE3 a perfect fit in the Age of series! w00t ES succeeded! as proven by a skeptic!

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

DarthMaulUK
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 11:00 AM EDT (US)     52 / 74       
Yes RoN was based on the AOE series but time has changed - just not in the eyes of ES who have created a game that isnt as graphically beautiful as first shown or created anything new in the RTS field.

Its just an average game and ES never used to make 'just an average game'

DMUK

captainstrombosi
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 11:55 AM EDT (US)     53 / 74       
I honestly really liked AoM more then the other age games. Why? I dunno im a dork or some twisted freak of online nature or something. But more to the point. I really...really...actually...truely...enjoy this demo. I've played 30+ skirmishes, And I play them EXTREMELY defensively. It's how I beat the expert comp.

The hero thing does annoy me a bit. Seems to much like "creeping" on Warcraft 3. I enjoy the building aspects in Age games. If I want all out gritty battles. I can go play dawn of war. But the economic depth in the age games is a fun alternative to the normal Zerg fest of most games.

The graphics were very good on my computer. I for one am happy for not having the "bloom" effect. I wear glasses and the slightest smudge annoys me and all that bloom effect ever did was really make me want to clean my glasses. The game runs silk smooth on my 2 year old computer, I even tested this cannon problem. I killed off all my villagers and 180 of my 200 pop was just cannons. unleashing them all on the other town...did nothing to my frame rate. Graphics settings are maxxed on everything I can.

3.4 ghz processor
2gb DDR ram
GeForceFX 5950 256 mb video card

To be honest the bugs everyone mentions...didn't bother me in the least. I understand it's released before the game (if the game was ready...it would be out...) So I always kept this in mind. The demo far exceeded my expectations. The campaign in AoM seems a bit more involved but thats to be seen. However the AoE3 campaign at its current level has a strange Classic AoE feel to it for me.

I simply wanted to give some positive feed back in this sea of negativity from people who obviously had their hopes so high, nothing could have satisfied them.

Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 09-09-05 11:58 AM EDT (US)     54 / 74       

Quote:

Graphics look worse then AOM on minimum req's.

Look, no offense, and I know this might be considered trolling, but quit spewing out senseless bull shit.

It's not our, or ES's, fault that you can't afford a decent computer. Your computer is shit. Get over it, and don't blame anyone else, except perhaps yourself or your dad or anyone who couldn't get enough cash to buy it for you.Am I being selfish? I don't know. I can afford to buy a new PC, spending some $1,500 isn't too bad if it's going to last you for 3 years. As for my car? I can afford that too.

So, if you're incapable of paying for that sort of thing, maybe you shouldn't even be playing this game. Get over it!
IMO, the graphics are GOOD. Hey, I'm one of those who believe they were over-hyped, but for crying out loud..The water is awesome! And the framerate is FANTASTIC.

As for the gameplay? Leaps ahead of AoM. This is, as far as the demo is concerned, definately a game I will be playing and designing (for) for a long, long time...

@AoE3=RoN comments:

I'm no fan boy. Lord knows, I've dissed this game in the past. Espiacally on it's low-poly unit models, but, this is ridiculous. Guys, I think you need to pick up your RoN CD's and check it out again..

Because it really plays nothing like AoE3. RoN is full of cities, borders, governments- RoN is a vastly more complicated, in terms of diplomacy, territory control and economics, than AoE3.

AoE3 is really a great addition to the series. I immediately knew how to play this game! It's easy, fun, fast and the graphics are great! It's true ES told us this and that, but hey, I like them. They're not amazing, or top of the line even. But they're, atleast, damn good.

I think the Explorer, espiacally all the cool tiny features like naming him, is one of the best additions to the series. It's not like WC3, or RoN. While waiting for your economy or shipments, I got alot of enjoyment just from running around saving treasure from evil bandits. This game is really a step ahead in the strategy genre...

As for the Home City? To be honest, without it, AoE3 wouldn't be good at all. It's a fantastic feature. I love getting my shipments, and they realistically arrive too. Sometimes, shipments are the only things that keep you alive. Picking out your own deck really makes a difference now, and I can see that it will really make every player unique.

The repetitive gameplay of the Age series, one of it's failing points (AoK got repetitive. Everyone doing the same old freaking Hun Rush (dm)) won't be a problem in AOE3, thanks to the HC!.

In short, Good job ES- here's my guaranteed $50.

Let's just hope the Scenario Editor lives up to the promise as well..can't wait!.

[This message has been edited by Lord Gaurdian (edited 09-09-2005 @ 12:10 PM).]

yangsta
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 12:13 PM EDT (US)     55 / 74       
I think that Ron is a good game.. the national borders made the game really fun, and you really felt like you were controling a nation. I am eage for Rise of Legends next year, but until then I might get aoe3.
Miccy Narc
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 12:35 PM EDT (US)     56 / 74       
*jumps in forum AND thread at the same time to much shock and dismay*

Okay folks, my specs:
Athlon 64 2800+
Geforce 6800, pipes unlocked, clocked as fast as a GT
1 GB of DDR RAM
Etc. Etc.

Now for my review of the demo:

3/10

Gameplay:

... oh, you want me to elaborate?
M'kay.
Most of the time, I felt like I was playing AoE 1 or 2, just in a different time period. There's really nothing special about it. At all.
The HC powers are dull as well. Oh yay, shipment of villagers....thanks?
Oh, musketeers now!...great.
And some people were telling me that it was a revolutionary feature.
The campaign just reminded me of why I don't play campaigns often.
There is really nothing special or new here, whatsoever.

And something that annoyed me was the lack of gathering buildings. That's a feature that shouldn't have been eliminated. I like my storage pits.

Combat can't even keep me interested.
Watching two riflemen shoot at each other for 30 minutes isn't my idea of a good time. I like quick efficient deaths (like in Battle for Middle Earth), not drawn out battles between a hussar and a villager.

Overall, it sucks.
2/10

Graphics:
o.0
The unit models are horribly low poly. And bad. Fortunately there's no motivation to zoom in that low anyway.
It looks like RoN. I'm sick of the RoN look in RTS games.
Let's get something original here.
Oh yeah, so they abused every single shader in existence.
Doesn't matter if the game still looks bad.

(*laughs maniacally that these people can't use the crappy computer excuse*)

I'm giving it 5/10 because of the pretty fire effects, and the buildings look nice.
Oooh, it's a 6/10 with bloom off, by the way.

Sound:
Good dose of nostalgia.
4/10

So yeah, I might buy AoE3. After I've played through Rise and Fall a billion times, because that RTS is actually good.
And innovative.
*shock*

[This message has been edited by Miccy Narc (edited 09-09-2005 @ 12:56 PM).]

WH_demoneyekyo
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:00 PM EDT (US)     57 / 74       
Miccy Narc- post ur pic dude! prove it!

persoanlly, i think some of u prolly just lying about ur system spec. post ur pic!!!!!!!

this is my system spect:

xp3000
1gig of DDR400 pc3200 ram
radeon 9500pro

and this is my pic:, and this is with a "OUTDATED" video card!!!!
just imagine if i have a "new" video card!

[JPEG, (238.15 KB)]

[JPEG, (248.56 KB)]

remember, my video card is "outdated"....is similar to a nvidia Ti4200, but slightly better

edit- switched the pic to a fast server.

Stop spamming! No one care about ur damn post count!

[This message has been edited by WH_demoneyekyo (edited 09-09-2005 @ 01:26 PM).]

unjugon
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:11 PM EDT (US)     58 / 74       
Miccy Narc, I wouldnīt go to the Rise and Fall forum to bash the Rise and Fall demo. If you didnīt like the Age3 demo...who knows or cares? You tried hard to make the demo suck as much as you wanted it to suck.

Imagine you loved the demo and came here and screamed: "OMG I love Age3, might play it over my beloved R&F!". It wasnīt going to happen. Before, or after playing the demo or the final game. You canīt let it happen.

Fact is I hope many people will play R&F, Iīll try it, too, with an open mind. We here donīt obssess over Age3 having to be better than R&F. You guys at R&F forums...a different story.

So, pull your head out of your ass and mature, plz.

My blog, for WC3 and AoE3 strats and articles:
http://unjugon.blogspot.com/
My stats:
http://ratings.myllclan.com/prt/SA/1/TkC/unjugon.jpg

[This message has been edited by unjugon (edited 09-09-2005 @ 01:13 PM).]

Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:18 PM EDT (US)     59 / 74       

Quote:

Graphics:
o.0
The unit models are horribly low poly. And bad. Fortunately there's no motivation to zoom in that low anyway.
It looks like RoN. I'm sick of the RoN look in RTS games.
Let's get something original here.
Oh yeah, so they abused every single shader in existence.
Doesn't matter if the game still looks bad.

Turn on high-poly models in Options.

Take your "extreme" negativity elsewhere. We appreciate your criticism of a game, but make it constructive.

kthxbye

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Miccy Narc
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:26 PM EDT (US)     60 / 74       

Quote:

Miccy Narc- post ur pic dude! prove it!

persoanlly, i think some of u prolly just lying about ur system spec. post ur pic!!!!!!!

this is my system spect:

xp3000
1gig of DDR400 pc3200 ram
radeon 9500pro

and this is my pic:, and this is with a "OUTDATED" video card!!!!
just imagine if i have a "new" video card!

remember, my video card is "outdated"....is similar to a nvidia Ti4200, but slightly better

[JPEG, (201.65 KB)]
Image resized because..it was too large?

Quote:

I wouldnīt go to the Rise and Fall forum to bash the Rise and Fall demo.

Good for you

Quote:

If you didnīt like the Age3 demo...who knows or cares?

I was sick of idiots telling G_spot_lover that all his woes would be solved with a better computer.
And this is an opinion thread, so I posted my opinion.
You don't like opinion? Don't read a review thread.

Quote:

You tried hard to make the demo suck as much as you wanted it to suck.

How the heck would you know?

I loved AoE 1 and 2. I wanted to love 3. But there's nothing innovative about it, there's nothing horribly exciting about it, it's just an average RTS.

Quote:

Imagine you loved the demo and came here and screamed: "OMG I love Age3, might play it over my beloved R&F!". It wasnīt going to happen. Before, or after playing the demo or the final game. You canīt let it happen.

That's assuming I'm some sort of fanboy.
I'm not.

SSSI burned me on Empires, quite frankly. I didn't enjoy that game much. I enjoyed it about as much as I currently enjoy AoE3.
But I have played RaF and it was fun, much moreso than this demo. That's my opinion.
I have nothing at stake in liking either game. In my opinion, RaF is better than AoE3. I think the fact that the pre-alpha build of RaF that I played was more entertaining than the AoE3 demo is says something.

Again, my opinion.
You act as though I want AoE3 to fail. Why?
If you can find one fanboyish post of mine on the RaF forum, I would love to see it.

Quote:

You guys at R&F forums...a different story.

See above.

Quote:

So, pull your head out of your ass

Oh yay, ad hominems!

Quote:

and mature, plz.

Coming after telling me to "pull your head out of your ass", that was pretty ironic. And hilarious.

Quote:

Turn on high-poly models in Options.

I did.

Quote:

Take your "extreme" negativity elsewhere. We appreciate your criticism of a game, but make it constructive.

kthxbye

It was criticism. Whether it was constructive or not is a matter of opinion.
Meh, I expected this sort of response, but hoped otherwise.

[This message has been edited by Miccy Narc (edited 09-09-2005 @ 01:27 PM).]

WH_demoneyekyo
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:32 PM EDT (US)     61 / 74       
I've swtiched the pic to a faster server. (might wanna check it out if u can't see it atfirst)

anyhoo, i can't see ur pic clearly, since is like "shrinked". give me a "printscreen" pic & zip it and sent it here: demoneyekyo@hotmail.com, and i'll uploaded it for ya. sent like.err...a few like 3-4.

[This message has been edited by WH_demoneyekyo (edited 09-09-2005 @ 01:34 PM).]

Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:36 PM EDT (US)     62 / 74       
That pic is hardly descriptive of how the game looks on your system.

Post some pics like the ones posted by: WH_demoneyekyo

Quote:

But I have played RaF and it was fun, much moreso than this demo. That's my opinion.

Did you play the R&F demo?

I played Age3 at ES and it was a helluva lot more fun than the demo.

A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"

[This message has been edited by KS (edited 09-09-2005 @ 01:36 PM).]

Miccy Narc
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:40 PM EDT (US)     63 / 74       
The only pics I can get are way too massive for photobucket.
I think I'll use imageshack.
Here you go:

If you need something different tell me.
NOTE: That's with bloom off because I hate AOE3's version of bloom.

Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:41 PM EDT (US)     64 / 74       
It also seems to have Water Reflections off.

Miccy Narc
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:46 PM EDT (US)     65 / 74       
Actually water reflections were on, that shot just doesn't demonstrate them well.
Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 01:48 PM EDT (US)     66 / 74       

First, I think the graphics look fine on your comp.

A pic with though, trees, more water, eyecandy, units, cliffs, etc would help.

theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 09-09-05 02:37 PM EDT (US)     67 / 74       
My review of the demo:

It convinced me to get AoE3 first, and wait in Civ IV. As an avid fan of both series, having logged hundreds of hours into each game in both series, I can say that I was very impressed with AoE3. I've got a new machine, and the game is amazing on it. I love the home city and the depth it provides; and I'm looking forward to playing on ES02. Especially the forum parties... I see great times ahead.

Thanks, ES.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
WH_demoneyekyo
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-05 03:35 PM EDT (US)     68 / 74       

Quote:

A pic with though, trees, more water, eyecandy, units, cliffs, etc would help.

yeah, that pic of ur don't show much, post 2 more differ pic. zoom in a bit might be nice too.

G_Spot_Lover
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 00:29 AM EDT (US)     69 / 74       
Hmm I got 15 min to spare on the computer so I thought why not check the thread...

Quote:

Look, no offense, and I know this might be considered trolling, but quit spewing out senseless bull shit.

It's not our, or ES's, fault that you can't afford a decent computer. Your computer is shit. Get over it, and don't blame anyone else, except perhaps yourself or your dad or anyone who couldn't get enough cash to buy it for you.Am I being selfish? I don't know. I can afford to buy a new PC, spending some $1,500 isn't too bad if it's going to last you for 3 years. As for my car? I can afford that too.

So, if you're incapable of paying for that sort of thing, maybe you shouldn't even be playing this game. Get over it!
IMO, the graphics are GOOD. Hey, I'm one of those who believe they were over-hyped, but for crying out loud..The water is awesome! And the framerate is FANTASTIC.

As for the gameplay? Leaps ahead of AoM. This is, as far as the demo is concerned, definately a game I will be playing and designing (for) for a long, long time...

You sound like a immature spoiled kid.
My computer is completely functional for its main use - school work. I have a job and pay for most of the things I own including gas (expensive) and insurance. I also travel a lot (just got back from Japan a little while ago). At 18 how much money do you think I have? I know you think that because you have the money to buy a new computer you think everyone else should too.
Well it may come as a shock to you that most of the world in fact doesn't own a high end computer or a top of the line graphics card. Maybe once you grow up you will have a better sense of the world and how things work you'll realize that. I know a few people that have an attitude like you. These people spent most of their highschool years playing video games and watching movies. Whoop de doo. Personally, I'd rather spend my time visiting countries or having something called a girlfriend (you should go buy one of those). I'd rather be doing something with my life then wasting it sitting on my ass in front of a computer for 5+ hours like many people do. So what does it matter if I can afford a new computer or not? Maybe I don't want to?
Maybe other people don't want to have to spend so much for some half rate game?

The entire point of this thread wasn't that my computer couldn't run the game (though it should be able to according to ES).
If you could read then maybe you would understand that's not my main issue with this game.
I don't feel like I should have to upgrade my computer to play this game. Why? Because to me I see no reason for AOE3 to need a high end computer. The system specs are too high for the kind of gameplay it offers.

Do the graphics help with the gameplay? Not really. Do graphics make the game more fun? Probably to a small degree.
Fact is many of you are biased. You spend so much time idolizing this game that you fail to see its faults or make it seem like they aren't an issue by buttering up your words. "Hmm yeah well the AI is not so good and the campaign could be better but the graphics are good. BUY A NEW COMPUTER!"

But from what I've seen the game doesn't seem that fun and fails to excite me where as AOK and AOM did. The features all feel plastic and I feel the series hasn't gone anywhere (aside from the graphics, which only really look "good" on high). The game at this stage doesn't feel that fun.. at least not fun enough to force me to buy new computer parts.

BTW. Not everyone visits fan sites. I wonder what other people think of the "demo" outside the community when they don't have company employees pushing to calm people and market the game.
ES should let their product speak for its self.

Anyway, as I said before I'm going to wait and see what happeneds.
I have been informed that this "demo" was intentionally shipped off with ridiculous bugs and poor AI.
PEACE It's Friday.
Oh & PS Asking him to prove he has good graphics? That's your way of defending the game? Graphics are subjective. He doesn't need to prove anything.

I <3 GAMESPOT!

[This message has been edited by G_Spot_Lover (edited 09-10-2005 @ 00:33 AM).]

yangsta
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 00:33 AM EDT (US)     70 / 74       
I'm not that fanatic about the game either, its not bad.

BUT judging a game bcause your computer can't handle it properly is not very smart.

WH_demoneyekyo
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:59 AM EDT (US)     71 / 74       

Quote:

I'd rather be doing something with my life then wasting it sitting on my ass in front of a computer for 5+ hours like many people do.

hmmm..really? O_o then why go throught all the trouble typing up ur freakin long post? when u know most of us will think negative of u. this demo, is really a beta in a way since is release before the release date for the full version. and this is one of the main reason i don't b**** about it. atm, something is better then nothing! i wouldn't want to wait after the game is release then get the demo!

btw, ES did state they already fixed hundreds of bug on the new version. so is something to look forward to. ES have a huge team & such a great history of making good RTS & taking feedback from fan, this give me more then enought confident that this will turn out "decent" if not great.

Quote:

So what does it matter if I can afford a new computer or not? Maybe I don't want to?

err......oh..i don't know..maybe b/c....

Quote:

The game runs well on low settings until 5+ cannons show up.
Once cannons start firing the game becomes completely unplayable.

dude, if ur graphic can't even handle running with 5 cannon firing on low setting, what make u think u can criticize it? u can afford to go on vacation but not a "decent" video card? lol
that is just sad....very sad indeed.

btw, r u on a 56k? O_o

[This message has been edited by WH_demoneyekyo (edited 09-10-2005 @ 02:02 AM).]

Byzantine2793
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:03 AM EDT (US)     72 / 74       
i wonder if thell make a new de bugged version of the demo (for the most part heck we could help them find the tricky ones that take hours of play to find in stead of the odivous the tomahawk doesnt show up, or the pirates lack animation i play mp anyway,

there are people playign with well below minimum specs that say it looks awesome, so im preatty sure your stupid heck my dads como desnt meet them yet it work like a dream, faster than mine (i need more ram whaaaaaa)

anbd for the person with the good comp did you bother to turn high poly on i mena come on look at options why dont you shees, and did you relize that you gave it a 3/10 on the top and a 4/ 10 on the bottom (look momy an idiot, can i poke him?)

[This message has been edited by Byzantine2793 (edited 09-10-2005 @ 02:17 AM).]

Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 09-10-05 02:06 PM EDT (US)     73 / 74       

Quote:

My computer is completely functional for its main use - school work.

Then don't play AoE 3. It's just you, not the game, really. If your PC can't play games, why are you even trying?

Quote:

I'd rather be doing something with my life then wasting it sitting on my ass in front of a computer for 5+ hours like many people do.

Sure. Nice, long post. Must've taken 5 hours to write..

Nah, that's just silly. Alright, you can do whatever you want with your so-called 'life' and your cheap computer- just don't buy Age of Empires III, since you can't or don't even want to play it.

Stone_12345
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:16 PM EDT (US)     74 / 74       
this is an aoe3 forum it is unfair to attack people's lifestyles. this thread is a bit pointless
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames